Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Terpenes for edibles

Thread Title Search
Terpenes for edibles Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2018, 02:04 PM #1
WaterFarmFan

WaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to all
Terpenes for edibles

I am curious if anyone is adding small amount of terpenes to edibles to alter the effect profile? Just ordered a dozen different isolates from True Terpenes to experiment.
WaterFarmFan is online now Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 01-21-2018, 07:28 PM #2
Roji

Roji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the roughRoji is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterFarmFan View Post
I am curious if anyone is adding small amount of terpenes to edibles to alter the effect profile? Just ordered a dozen different isolates from True Terpenes to experiment.
eat a mango while you do edibles. That will give you a quick answer
Roji is online now Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 12:35 AM #3
Itsgotatail

Itsgotatail will become famous soon enough
I really want to make a bunch of IPAs with terpenes added to match a strain profile. It would be fun to match up the terps already present in hops with some of the more unique terps found in cannabis and not hops. I think someone is doing a CBD IPA in Oregon.
Itsgotatail is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:37 PM #4
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant future
Every terpene spiked beer tastes like shite.
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:21 AM #5
WaterFarmFan

WaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roji View Post
eat a mango while you do edibles. That will give you a quick answer
I like to make candies with shatter, and I ordered 8-9 different Lorann essential oil flavorings. I love to mix and match the flavors, and I did not realize that I was using the Lemon in every one. I made a batch (Raspberry & Pear I think), but it seemed to not have the intensity. I figured it was missing Limonene.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:37 AM #6
WaterFarmFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsgotatail View Post
I really want to make a bunch of IPAs with terpenes added to match a strain profile. It would be fun to match up the terps already present in hops with some of the more unique terps found in cannabis and not hops. I think someone is doing a CBD IPA in Oregon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Every terpene spiked beer tastes like shite.
It would be really hard to cover up the starting tastes of the beer components. When cooking, you can combine flavors and use others to overpower and dominate, but you can't cancel out or get rid of ingredients.

My True Terpenes arrived today (very well packaged I might add), and I am excited to experiment. My aim to attempt to create sativa and indica effects with edibles, but I will be very interested to see how these dominate the taste of candies as well.

My questions really center along the lines of dosage of terpenes for edibles versus vaping. My recipe works out to 5mg of shatter per 1 gram candy, and I typically make 4-5 gram candies.

I am going to have some fucked up and happy friends that are blind testing these for me...

Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 AM #7
WaterFarmFan

I am currently adding about ~.03ml of essential oil per 1 gram of candy. That is about .003%. I know that some of the terpenes are harmful at certain thresholds, but the amounts that I will be adding are very small in comparison.

Lots of strain reports and terpene lab analyses to print and read...

Old 01-27-2018, 03:13 AM #8
SoulAnnoyed

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Disgusting. Essential oils are not flavor molecules. Dont care how good it smells. Lemon grass will never taste like it smells.

The only "terps" that will add to Cannabis are the ones made by the plant itself. The only edibles that worked for me were very skunky. What essential oil is that? What "food grade terp" is that?
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2018, 05:54 AM #9
WaterFarmFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
Disgusting. Essential oils are not flavor molecules. Dont care how good it smells. Lemon grass will never taste like it smells.
The Lorann is a mixture of flavoring and essential oils designed for candy:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rann+flavoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
The only "terps" that will add to Cannabis are the ones made by the plant itself. The only edibles that worked for me were very skunky. What essential oil is that? What "food grade terp" is that?
I agree with you more than you know about cannabis terps. The problem with edibles is that the thc has to be activated (decarbed) via heat, which causes the terpenes to evaporate. So, I am trying to find a cost effective solution to add back terpenes to enhance the effect. I have no idea how it will taste, and I will likely still use a good bit of Lorann.

This is the company that I purchased from:

https://trueterpenes.com/product-category/terpenes/

I ordered Beta Caryophyllene, Myrcene, Limonene, Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene, Linalool, Humulene, Terpinolene, Nerolidol, Geraniol & Terpineol.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:06 AM #10
WaterFarmFan

I love me a good sativa and have over 20 packs from Ace. I will be using Dubi's reports for different strains as % templates to try and recreate:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=323725

Especially these:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...55&postcount=4
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...93&postcount=6
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...99&postcount=9
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...8&postcount=24
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...0&postcount=27
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...6&postcount=29