Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 PM #41
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
I mainly run into some trace or N shortages in mid flower.

I don't run a cootz mix. I am heavy in casting just because the worms have been chewing threw it for years.

I stay all of except a little cal N in early veg to get them going.

I'll post up my dry mix later. I don't focused on traces (something I need to work out more).

Went I have more time I post my methods. I'm trying to take from the "notill" world and mix it with nutrient dense practices. I have been trying to gain better insight to this for years and have reading or have been to seminars of the big agronomist.

I find the exact targeting of minerals to be a difficult task. Labs are all over the place, soils are different and our peat based mixes are something different.

I do believe and agree with all the ratio that people are using. I boost mn b Ca all the tricks to get the plant healthy and well feed. I just believe the microbes have a huge role in this and I try and mind them as much as possible.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:22 PM #42
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
I do admire your guys math and the ratios you have come up with.

You guys have summed up some equations I was trying to figure out about density, ppm and ratios.

Thanks for that.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:14 PM #43
maxmurder

maxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nice
Great thread thanks for starting it.👍

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:23 PM #44
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Vortex,have you ever tested your containers?
growingcrazy is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 06:45 PM #45
paradoxlost

paradoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura aboutparadoxlost has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Yep- unless I fed those worms myself, I can't trust it. There's only 1500 other sources of N or bacteria. I think the neem meal is groovy, though.
Neem meal is nice because it favors mineralisation of N reducing leaching
paradoxlost is online now Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 08:39 PM #46
VortexPower420

No I haven't I know that is huge information hole in this whole thing and I am shooting in the dark.

I plan on pulling some this round. One from a under preforming pot and one from best pot.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:05 PM #47
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
No luck getting Spectrum to weigh anything aside from the K3 tests.

So we need to break this down into smaller subjects...

Soil-
outdoor
indoor (yes indoors)

Soilless
Outdoor - Coots/los/peat base mediums
Indoor - peat and coco base mediums

Also would like to compile a list of terms/questions that can be answered, put in order and stuck to the first page of this thread.

Who wants to give there interpretation of getting K from 4% to 8% during flower? For example lets say K starts at 450 ppm @ 4%.

I know I am not the only one that is doing it...

Old 04-17-2018, 08:29 PM #48
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
In peat/coco how do you guys acct for the organic material. It isn’t cec but it holds stuff.

Gypsum is a 2 edge sword. Exactly as mentioned earlier. Go too far and you will go to lockout hell. Take one pot of coco, add 1 lb per cubic ft of gypsum and see what happens

What if I said you are much more likely to have a k shortage in veg than flower...is that topic appropriate for this thread? What if I said I no longer use gypsum in soil less? Big question do you want me here at all?

Edit...if I am soilless and organic-ish I am Tom hill minus gypsum, not coot

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:11 PM #49
VortexPower420

I March to the beat of my own drum really. I have never followed anyone's mix but my own

I have had mediocre runs but never a failure.

Jidoka I would like to here. I have been moving away from it a little more as I get my soil saturated with Ca.

I assume my problems are from Ca lock out, traces and a little P even though I have enough, or I think I do.

I don't test so I don't know my K to start so I can't say with any certainty what is happening but I have been soaking zeolite in k sulfate for a few days and then applying to the soil at 1 tsp gal of soil with 1 tsp of kelp. It has gotten rid of my K def in late flower and I think I can attribute it to a yield increase. Hard to say because I am not changing just one factor at a time

Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 PM #50
growingcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
In peat/coco how do you guys acct for the organic material. It isn’t cec but it holds stuff.

Gypsum is a 2 edge sword. Exactly as mentioned earlier. Go too far and you will go to lockout hell. Take one pot of coco, add 1 lb per cubic ft of gypsum and see what happens

What if I said you are much more likely to have a k shortage in veg than flower...is that topic appropriate for this thread? What if I said I no longer use gypsum in soil less? Big question do you want me here at all?

Edit...if I am soilless and organic-ish I am Tom hill minus gypsum, not coot
You are welcome here 100%.

This ship has a different captain and We have no problems. Keep your mouth clean and rants to yourself. This is about growing weed.

In regards to your thoughts...

The organic matter in the mix is also something that I have been questioning. How do we factor in what it is releasing and when?

Only thing I can come up with is having a large amount of the same mix and learning what happens to it over time. And a shit load of testing. Next question, if you get the end result, does it matter?

You hit a point on something I have been thinking about lately. If you don't have low quality EWC/compost going in, is the gypsum necessary? We are just looking for Ca after all... most mixes don't need the Na and K washed out if they are built correctly.

What are your thoughts on my posted mix? Gypsum and all.

2 members found this post helpful.