You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2018, 04:01 AM #2011
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
yeah man, a top of the line mountain bikes will cost you a pretty penny
my own bikes are worth way more than my car, but i drive a piece of junk
you always need a second bike, especially if you really get into riding
/what do you ride when your bike is in the shop or sometimes you just want to change it up; it also serves as a buddy bike for when a friend wants to hit the trails

hope your week is wrapping up nicely,my man
got any plans for this weekend?
we are going to a friends house on friday night and then plan on chilling the rest of the time
pop_rocks is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 PM #2012
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
yeah man, a top of the line mountain bikes will cost you a pretty penny
my own bikes are worth way more than my car, but i drive a piece of junk
you always need a second bike, especially if you really get into riding
/what do you ride when your bike is in the shop or sometimes you just want to change it up; it also serves as a buddy bike for when a friend wants to hit the trails

hope your week is wrapping up nicely,my man
got any plans for this weekend?
we are going to a friends house on friday night and then plan on chilling the rest of the time
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Your not kidding the bikes can be pricey. I'm like you and don't spend much on cars, I think people making 6 and 7 hundred dollar car payments a month are crazy. Just needs to get me a to b.

I'm looking forward to having multiple bikes. I got the roscoe 8 and just need the rain to stop so I can get a first ride on it. The plan is to get the fuel 90 going soon but I need a new rear shock and to get the shifting adjusted. That bike came with an early fox float shock that didn't even have a lockout on it, lots of better options these days. And the fork on the fuel is shitty too, I'm sure I'll want to upgrade that because I'll get use to the Judi on the roscoe and want similar on the fuel.
You bring up a great point about having a bike for a friend to ride and to switch it up a bit.i hope that I don't have to worry about my bike being in the shop, as a professional mechanic I work on stuff that is a lot more complicated than a bicycle every day.

Do you use clip in pedals or flat?

The week flew by again and looks like the cold rain/snow mix is back for the weekend around here so no outdoor activities for me. Have fun tonight and I hope your weekend kicks ass...Fiddy.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 12:15 AM #2013
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Hey Fiddy
How did the plants do this week?
did you foliar any of them? Or do any drenches.
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 04:18 PM #2014
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Hey Fiddy
How did the plants do this week?
did you foliar any of them? Or do any drenches.
Good morning Rodehazrd.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I got some EJ microblast and catalyst at the grow shop last week and used a light dose of both to water in the plants when I transplanted all of them early this week. The red eye Jedi and GSC plants that are going into flower soon are looking good. The granola funk seedlings are now in 6" pots and are still a bit droopy. I'm hoping just some transplant stress on the seedlings and they will come around. I want to folar spray but I wasn't sure if I should the same week as transplant. I should hit them soon but since I've never done any folar spray before I'm kind of a chicken about it. Do I need to pH the mix for folar? How much microblast per gallon do you mix when you folar?

Old 04-14-2018, 06:48 PM #2015
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
the new bike came with the judy fork?
that brings back memories, the first real mtn bike i ever had had the judy on it
isnt that a spring fork?
if so you might want to get another spring put in it, the heavy spring
/the original spring is much lighter and they make a heavier spring for us bigger riders
the float is a solid shock,how old is it?
yeah, im sure you could do almost all of the maintenance yourself from bleeding the brakes to adjusting the shifters
you probably have all the tools for most things already too
if the rosco is going to be your main ride, maybe you could put the shock that came with that bike on the fuel and get a new, better shock for the rosco
welcome back to riding the mountain bike, my man!
nothing gets you more motivated to ride than a new bike
hope you have fun and enjoy the trails

Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 PM #2016
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Good morning Rodehazrd.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I got some EJ microblast and catalyst at the grow shop last week and used a light dose of both to water in the plants when I transplanted all of them early this week. The red eye Jedi and GSC plants that are going into flower soon are looking good. The granola funk seedlings are now in 6" pots and are still a bit droopy. I'm hoping just some transplant stress on the seedlings and they will come around. I want to folar spray but I wasn't sure if I should the same week as transplant. I should hit them soon but since I've never done any folar spray before I'm kind of a chicken about it. Do I need to pH the mix for folar? How much microblast per gallon do you mix when you folar?
I don't think the foliar needs ph adjustment. frankly I have so much carbonates in my mix I don't ph anything except the occasional runoff check. I think the kelp with a drop of soap or dextrose for a surfactant would be the easiest start to get yer nerve up and give the drench time to work. Foliar feeds show up at the roots the same day. The kelp will supply some k and a lot of micro's. I have used maxicrop and it worked well but I usually go with the neptune brand with a little fish in it. To that I add 3ml calcium nitrate per gallon in veg and switch that with 2ml of kool bloom in early flower. When I feed my hydrolized fish I pour it over the plant and let it get a drench and a shower. Careful to do it at dark as the wet leaves will burn in a hot light. I try to brush them off to keep puddles and stains out of the leaves. Discard all unused mix immediately or you will wish you had.
Don't even check the ph of most foliar applications it will scare you. Slonickel called for a foliar of 3% PH down or sulfate of potash to start the flowering cycle. You ever test the down to see what it reads? I bet its 3 or 4

Old 04-16-2018, 05:00 PM #2017
Fiddynut

Happy Monday friends.

Well the strange weather continues for us this spring in wisco. Some places in the state got over 24" of snow over the last couple days and it's still snowing as I write this. We almost never get that kind of snow here and it's unheard of this time of year. Truly the worst weekend of the shittiest spring I can remember. I really wanted to get in the car and go somewhere with my new bike and my golf discs but it looked like I would have had to drive south of Indianapolis to find somewhere good to ride and even that might have been affected by this storm. Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend or whenever spring shows up for dosc golf and who knows when the bike trails will open up after all this snow.

@pop_rocks. I think you are right that the Judy was always a spring fork, I had one on the giant hard tail I built in the mid 90's too, great memories on that bike as well. But the new Judy is an air fork, which is something Ive not had on a bike before. It has a lot more travel than I'm use to as well. Looking at the bikes and forks side by side it's crazy how much they've changed. The steering head tube diameter on the roscoe is like double that of the fuel 90. Bikes must be way strongest these days. I will play with the pressure in the Judy and see if I can get comfortable on it. The fox float is a good shock but the one that came on the 90 was pretty basic. It's a 2001 or 2002 so I doubt there is a rebuild made for it anymore and I want a shock with lockout anyway I think, maybe a newer style float. If I remember correctly upgrading components is part of the fun of biking. I hope your week is off to a good start. Send some warm weather this way please...Fiddy.

@Rodehazrd. I'm pretty sure I've read not to pH folar feeds and thanks for reminding me to use a drop of soap as surfactant. I will try to do a folar today. I'm usually not here at lights out in veg room but today I will be. I'll try to get some pics and get a long overdue update done today as well. Thanks for your help...Fiddy.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:36 PM #2018
pop_rocks

im not surprised that they updated the judy, its a great fork
air shocks are a lot lighter than the spring numbers, plus they offer more adjustment
they even have kits that modulate the air flow better to give you a smoother ride, but i just pretty much run with the basic settings
this sounds like a really fun bike and i can only imagine how much you want to get out and ride
it is too bad the weather isnt cooperating with you, indiana seems like a long way to drive, but you will be out there soon!
in the mean time, keep polishing her up and dreaming of all the good times to come
/hoping spring is right around the corner for you

Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 PM #2019
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Hey Jungle mates,
I got the call this morning, we got the house i was hoping to get. It's in a good location, and it's 200$ less than most of the houses we have been looking at. Man that is a huge relief. We are moving in this weekend.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend, and a good start to the week.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 AM #2020
Rodehazrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Hey Jungle mates,
I got the call this morning, we got the house i was hoping to get. It's in a good location, and it's 200$ less than most of the houses we have been looking at. Man that is a huge relief. We are moving in this weekend.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend, and a good start to the week.
Hey Packer glad its coming around for you. Hope you and your plants have an easy move.