in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > blumats and reservoirs

Thread Title Search
Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
blumats and reservoirs Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2018, 03:34 AM #51
rives
Inveterate Tinkerer

rives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant future
The only potential downfall that I can see to white tubing over black is that if it isn't opaque enough, you might have crap growing inside of it. I had a nightmare with air bubbles when I was running a small, self-topping water-only system because our municipal water supply has a lot of entrained air in it. I went to great lengths to cure it, including grading all of the plumbing and putting in a solenoid valve to purge the air out automatically. Since I went to the upper-lower reservoir system, it has no longer been an issue because the water has plenty of time to outgas the entrained air. Do NOT run an air bubbler or pumps continuously. I would suggest that you carefully figure out the fittings that you need and then double or triple the number - I went through numerous revisions on my plumbing until I was satisfied, and the fittings were always the stumbling block to doing what I wanted.

I think that elevation should work fine. Something to keep in mind is that it is the water level that determines your head pressure, not where the bulkhead fitting is placed. Another thing that may impact your design is that the Blumats aren't happy with pressure fluctuations. If you have a tall, narrow reservoir, the pressure to the spikes is going to change substantially more than if you have a shallow, large-diameter one if you allow the level to drop much. This is another good reason for the upper-lower reservoir design, where a simple timer can keep your feed reservoir continually topped off within a few inches.
rives is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 04:21 PM #52
Bwanabud

Bwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to behold
The white 8mm tubing is a black tubing base, with a white sheath wrapping adhered to it...very nice product and zero light penetration.

It's all I use for my perimeter run, before tee's for each table/light grouping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:17 PM #53
Bluemater

Bluemater is on a distinguished road
Yea that's what I read.. Black on the inside white on the outside..
Bluemater is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2018, 03:31 PM #54
Bwanabud

Bwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to beholdBwanabud is a splendid one to behold
I'm considering switching my 1 pressurized Blumat system over to a top feed drip, utilizing the pump and expansion tanks for water volume...not sure if the 8mm tubing & pump can keep up with the demand based on run time tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote