Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > India Impressions

Thread Title Search
India Impressions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2018, 05:02 PM #1
Gedöns

Gedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb India Impressions

Hi Forum,

I would like to tell you my small experience on cannabis in India.
I had the chance to live in Bangalore (South India) for a year with some locals. As I traveled with some friends to various places around this incredible country let me give you a short overview.

To get some weed isn't that hard if you don't go fully tourist - in shorts and camera
Knowing a little Hindi or the locale language get's you a sympathy bonus right away, as well as the head wiggle - that one I adapted way to fast

I general you should be aware that as a white tourist you will draw attention to you, simply for looking different (some people get the stare at you just wink or smile - worked for me 4/5).
Don't create a scene and try to be discrete with your cash, bla you heard it before.

Always haggle!

Scoring in South India

I found mostly flowers around South India and hash was tricky to get and more expensive. One thing I can tell you beforehand: find yourself a local who knows his weed and you'll be good from there, buying in public occasions will mostly not satisfy you until you put in some effort.

Autoriksha drivers usually know where to get some flowers or sometimes have some on them self. If one doesn't know what you want or is not eager to help you - just try someone else.
It's mostly dark laced flowers and pretty expensive too. Smoked a little of that in the beginning - gets you high, but in a very down and enraptured kind of way.

You can spot the difference, the light green was one of the best we smoked. The laced stuff is dark brown/blackish, there is also brownish outdoor (right picture) around but you can tell by the glued up kinda look.

Gedöns is offline Quote

16 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:08 PM #2
Gedöns

Gedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the roughGedöns is a jewel in the rough

Bangalore
We scored at different occasions, but mostly the college crowd will help you out.

Worse than usual -- once we got half tola --

the best we smoked, really sticky and stinky

Mysore
On the old market you will find people who would like to sell to you, here it's the same as with the riksha drivers, quality is poor and prices high. Nonetheless your chance of getting something better increases if you ask around more or tell them it's laced and and you like the better quality (that mostly doesn't go with riksha drivers as their expertise is limited)

The left one is basically just toss and the right one takes you hours to pick out stems and seeds

Gedöns is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:12 PM #3
Gedöns

Himalaya Region

The vibe is way different up there, you'll see people smoking on the street and plants everywhere beginning right at the road side and ending right before the police station.
We scored some different charas (hash from live plants) and it was very relaxing but not too strong if you're a daily smoker. Basically the more you get into smaller towns or villages and the further you go, the prices will decrease and the quality increase.
But bare in mind that it's still illegal, it may appear different as it's just to long of a history there to ban it, but if the cops get you you'll be fined.

Manali
Go to Old Manali, which is the small part of the town right after the river. You'll find restaurants or cafe's where people smoke up and you can have a chat with either the tourists or the owner and get yourself some charas. It's around 2200-2600 Rs. a tola (11g) so you're paying the tourist price.

Manali is chill for 1-2 days as a starting or ending point of your mountain journey but it's quite touristic and also a lot of indian people travel there.

The tola we purchased there, its really brownish in this picture becaus it's already some 7 days old to that point.

Kasol
We've just been there for a night but our Apartment host smoked on with us and even left us some 1g of charas in the morning when we left. It's not that nice of a city, one of the reasons being the weed tourism.

Tosh
Where we scored the best charas on the journey, simply ask your Guesthouse owner or at the cafes and you'll get a hint where to find some. Don't buy too quick here as the supply is pretty decent.

Its a very small town high up in the mountains, you'll have some great treks around.

Gedöns is offline Quote

20 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:15 PM #4
Gedöns

Some Impressions

Some holiday stash

Badam Milk

Hope this helps, India tumba chenagede

Gedöns is offline Quote

21 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:17 PM #5
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pics and trip info.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 04:43 PM #6
Zitz

Zitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura about
Great report, I found some stuff in Kerala that looks the same, brownish lots of seed but not compressed like Thai more like individual buds rolled and fermented.
Zitz is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 AM #7
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Very cool man. It's a lot of fun to read of people's travels and the stories they bring back with them.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:44 PM #8
Gedöns

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the awesome feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitz View Post
Great report, I found some stuff in Kerala that looks the same, brownish lots of seed but not compressed like Thai more like individual buds rolled and fermented.
-> I never came across what is called brick weed I think, so it was always uncompressed. Regarding fermantation I came across all variations of harshness. Mostly all of the stuff comes packed together in newspaper.

Basic Info

Material

Loose tobacco for rolling (it's an european thing? ) was only to be found in touristic places and big cities, tip paper was especially hard to find but I came across some 2-3 months in hehe. As for longer rolling papers you'll find them where you can get loose tabocco and vice versa. If you just staying for a holiday simply bring it with you.

Police

I never had trouble with them and basically everywhere except Goa, they're conception about white people is that you won't dare to do illigal stuff. That's how a good friend explained it to me and it really made sense to me. If they catch you, Indian police is highly corrupt and you'll pay some 10-50$. I saw friends of mine bargaining bribes.

Munchies
First of all street food (don't go without other people eating/hanging out there) is the best I swear. It will cost you 20-50ct a small plate and you just order some plates of what he recommends or what other people eat there and you'll be happy, trust me.
But precaution is needed as your stomach has to adapt to the kind of food first and second to the lower hygenic standards, that's just how it is. Our first month we didn't eat anything of the street to adapt to local food and ever since we just eat there!

Look out for (mostly south indian [street] couisne): biryani, pakoda, fried rice and noodles with egg, sharwama and pani puri.
Masala Dosa, Vada's, Samosa (the more cross and thinner version) and gobi manchurian - my favourites. I get flashbacks just thinking about that tasty stuff.

Another thing is CHIPS SHOPS, you heard it right they're just dedicated to that one thing and you'll find them on every bigger street (don't miss them as they are small store front shops). First of all the chips get mad freshly, it tastet's sooo god and it's way cheaper than the supermarket shit.

Then there is Mango Season, you'll find out as you see them everywhere then for 3-4 months. Watermelons and Pineapples (the ones here in Germany taste like 1/2 the intensity of the flavour).

Another great highness stop by is at your local juice shop, damn they have it all: fresh juice, ice, mik shakes and all that good stuff.

Greets
Gedöns is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:38 AM #9
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
as if I didnt want to go to india badly already...

nice reports! cant wait to get there!

the mangos sound like heaven...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:00 AM #10
soil margin

soil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet pictures and details. I've always wanted to go to India and smoke some of the finest charas available.
soil margin is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.