What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC 3/4th drain vs PVC

Chrono2

hey guys im about to start building a DIY RDWC system, and im curious what peoples opinions are on 3/4th tubing for my drain tubing (i plan on using 1/2 feed line and 1/4th line coming off the feed lines).
is this a not so wise idea? will i get some root clogging? can i avoid this? i see alot of people using straight up PVC and id much rather using tubing and drain bulkheads.
any input would be much appreciated ty

Chrono2

hey guys im about to start building a DIY RDWC system, and im curious what peoples opinions are on 3/4th tubing for my drain tubing (i plan on using 1/2 feed line and 1/4th line coming off the feed lines).
is this a not so wise idea? will i get some root clogging? can i avoid this? i see alot of people using straight up PVC and id much rather using tubing and drain bulkheads.
any input would be much appreciated ty

i cant sem to edit but i forgot to say i was either going to use the 3/ths TUBING or 1 inch PVC

DiverDave

i cant sem to edit but i forgot to say i was either going to use the 3/ths TUBING or 1 inch PVC

I have been looking at 3/4" OD 1/2" ID as my drain , but plan to use a pump to speed the drain cycle up a bit.
I also want this to be reversible for refilling rez.

This is why I will stick with 1/2" ID , I can always couple that to PVC where needed with an adapter.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Latest posts