What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 week veg, When to flower. PPK

Speed of green

Thanks for that picture, i really appreciate it!

What were your symptoms when your tailpiece was clogged?

i will take some pictures of the roots today. also i am going to do a test by placing the plant in an empty bucket and pour water through it to check flow.

The water temps are in the low 60's, i have had them as high as 88 though last summer with no issues. if anything they grew faster.

Speed of green

So, i figured it out. droop is almost completely gone.

I was using 55% phosphoric acid as PH down, i ran out last week, and in a pinch went to the Hydroponics store and the only ph down they had in gallon size was GH.

Apparently GH isnt very stable in this system because the PH in the volume and control buckets drifted from 5.5 to 6.6 in two days.

also i had to use about 3/4 of the gallon to adjust nearly 1200 gallons, with the phosphoric i would use less than 3/4 cup to adjust that amount.

i guess when changing or adding anything new its best to double check everything afterwards.

Anyway, bullet dodged on this one. Thanks for the help and feedback!

Mr Blah

Awesome! Glad to hear it.
I stopped using GH down just because I was using too much of it and wasn't very cost efficient. I started using Muriatic acid. Some might say it isn't the right stuff for the plants but I will at least use it up and than change to something else, maybe what you are using and see if it reacts different to the plants.

Speed of green

no major issues so far, three weeks in.

had some light green growth during stretch, probably could have pushed the nutrients a little harder.

i was feeding at 1.8e.c This is including .6 tap water.

ph of volume tank is 5.0-5.5.

the system likes to sit around 6.0-6.2ph and 1.8ec

I mixed nutrients yesterday and decided to bump them up for one feeding to 2.0ec

the final round of trellising should go up this week.

picture.php