What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Looking better and better... just curious what week u topped them.
I didn´t make a note, bu I guess I topped her in week 3 or 4 of flowering.

She made it until day 69.

Last pics (but I still have her little sister!):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P :smoke:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Thanks Bros - Cheers

Why the topping so late? Height restrictions?
The late topping do, that I dont have a top 15-20 cm higher than the others. And yes, height could be a problem, but not at this size.

A few more pics from day 70

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

therevverend

Veteran
Very nicely done those resin glands are looking perfect. Good to see the Herer is still as good as anything out there.
In the mid 90s my friends drove to Vancouver, got Jack Herer seeds from Marc Emery. It was as good if not better then anything else you could get from seed. I remember it leaning a bit more to the sativa side. Not much but a little more then your grow. I'm guessing selection for indoor growing may be at play? The leaves are definitely wider and it's got a chunky density my friends plants didn't have.
The 90s Herer I saw had more slender colas that foxtailed a tiny bit. The modern one looks bigger yielding. The hairs were a bit lighter in color.
I'm looking forward to a smoke report and smell description. My friends were growing Mendocino Hashplant and Purple Giant, probably the two most potent strains I've ever smoked. Haven't seen anything like them. They phased out the Herer even though it was great because it didn't pack the same punch. I'll be curious if yours is a bit more KO then the old Herer.
Just to clarify I'm not debating whether you have the 'real Herer'. Your stuff has the same reddish-purple tint and resin coated structure. Without DNA we can't be 100% but it looks like Jack.