What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Per suggestion of graywolf...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somehow figured there were some legal matters involved with this part...

I take it your referring to the sock filters w/ flange? I believe I've seen one with a ptfe flange... :chin:

Yup, it has a flange on top for a seal.

ganjhor

You can use a premade 2" to 6" end cap reducer. I just made my own.

Yup, that was my design. Lots of ways to skin a duck billed platypus.

So, I'm convinced they rushed me a half ass built assembly. This is not a 6" casing. It is a 4" to 3" reducer that is welded together and it wasn't polished. I am getting rust/corrosion from the welds and brushed surface. There is a collar which they said they had to mill but IMHO its not like your original design.

DON'T CONTACT SWEETLEAF FOR A SOCK FILTER!!!

BUILD YOUR OWN!!!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, I'm convinced they rushed me a half ass built assembly. This is not a 6" casing. It is a 4" to 3" reducer that is welded together and it wasn't polished. I am getting rust/corrosion from the welds and brushed surface. There is a collar which they said they had to mill but IMHO its not like your original design.

DON'T CONTACT SWEETLEAF FOR A SOCK FILTER!!!

BUILD YOUR OWN!!!

Sorry to hear that brother. They do use their own design, and sounds like it may have evolved some since the first units.

If you have it passivated, it will ostensibly stop rusting.

Besides ugly welds and corrosion, how well does it work for the purpose?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:spank: I better not see anyone hurt a platypus.

Still trying to figure out away to get one. :)

You might try posting on Craigs List In Australia or Tasmania for a Platypus for hire.

Latest posts

Latest posts