What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Per suggestion of graywolf...

ganjhor

Hi there. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

Has anyone attempted to order a sock filter casing from sweet leaf? I'm getting the feeling they don't give a shit about me...its been a couple weeks and I haven't received anything. Was only just able to reach someone via text...they could not confirm anything about my order. They only rarely respond to e-mails every couple weeks. This is getting kind of wierd. Maybe I'm not cool enough...maybe 500 dollars wasn't enough for a damn filter casing. Anyhow, I'm dealing with it. Graywolf suggests these guys...hmm

I assume I'll have to make one myself, and recoup this money from sweet leaf...

Is there any other place to order a sock filter casing?

Or, do you guys just prefer filter plates?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Has anyone attempted to order a sock filter casing from sweet leaf? I'm getting the feeling they don't give a shit about me...its been a couple weeks and I haven't received anything. Was only just able to reach someone via text...they could not confirm anything about my order. They only rarely respond to e-mails every couple weeks. This is getting kind of wierd. Maybe I'm not cool enough...maybe 500 dollars wasn't enough for a damn filter casing. Anyhow, I'm dealing with it. Graywolf suggests these guys...hmm

I assume I'll have to make one myself, and recoup this money from sweet leaf...

Is there any other place to order a sock filter casing?

Or, do you guys just prefer filter plates?

I suggested Sweetleaf, because they are the only ones I know making them. They are all custom made, so two weeks is probably wishful thinking.

Did they commit to a date when your ordered it?

ganjhor

I have been patient. I know that I'm small fish, considering they sell turnkey setups. It took me at least a month or so to get that estimate. Its about peak season for a lot of people, too....

They must be busy. At one point their call forwarding got mixed up and man answered saying, "No, this is a personal phone. I have no idea." Just a few other weird things like their multiple websites and lagging communication prompted me to follow through right away.

They responded to my e-mail today. Looking forward to this setup...

Graywolf, you are the man. Much respect for you and many others here on the forum.

I tried calling them today and their phone goes to a "user not available", they sent me an invoice a couple weeks ago but never could get thru to them to give them payment info, I'm hoping my assembly is still in the works and I have hope now that you stated you've heard from them. They did give me an invoice number of 13, may I ask what yours was?

ganjhor

I tried calling them today and their phone goes to a "user not available", they sent me an invoice a couple weeks ago but never could get thru to them to give them payment info, I'm hoping my assembly is still in the works and I have hope now that you stated you've heard from them. They did give me an invoice number of 13, may I ask what yours was?

I'm invoice number 4. They told me its shipping out today...still waiting on shipping details. They never had shipping info nor confirmed they had actually ever shipped the item.:wallbash:

ganjhor

they resent the assembly next day air. however, i have no proof...no tracking, no confirmation. waiting on details...:whistling:

Smoke342

Just be glad u didn't try ordering a bulk deal of 35 860w cmh bulbs from ebay...basically got a box of broken glass =\

They never took a payment from me, just sent an invoice and then broke of communication. Does anyone have specs on one of these? I could just pay a machine shop to make one although the cost will surely be much higher I'm just over running filter plates.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They never took a payment from me, just sent an invoice and then broke of communication. Does anyone have specs on one of these? I could just pay a machine shop to make one although the cost will surely be much higher I'm just over running filter plates.

I would happily show you how I did it, but am currently in arbitration over who owns the design. It is however a simple design, so suggest that you simply look at the filter sock and what is required to stuff it in a 6" sanitary spool.

I used a 4" X 8" filter sock with the plastic seal ring at the top, which I stuck through a hole in a plate welded near the top of the spool. The plate had a clearance hole for the filter and groove with a ridge around the top machined in it, for the plastic seal ring to sit on.

I then held it in place with the 6" end cap lid, which I welded a 2" triclamp ferrule in the center of. I put the exit 2" triclamp ferrule in the bottom end cap. Both lids are held on with SSH clamps, so as to meet ASME 350 psi pressure requirements for LPG pressure piping.

Got everything but am a little confused by the last paragraph. So you didn't use a 6" to 2" reducer but rather a 6" lid with a hole drilled thru to allow you to weld a 2" ferule to? I've seen the CAD drawings you've posted before, is it the same design as those? On those I noticed you also put a ring w a groove on the top lid as well to hold the filter down.

ganjhor

It arrived last friday. I don't believe they charged me for the expedited shipping, and they threw in a couple extra sock filters for the wait. All in all, they handled it in a timely manner...but i kinda nagged them to get on it.

I ended up putting a 4" teflon seal on top of the sock and it fits snug in the collar. My concern was liquid making its way around the edge of the filter/collar.

It is working as intended. Glacier supply clamps, obrien? cap reducer...was pretty dirty. Came with one wonky clamp i swapped out.

Thank you, GW, for the suggestion.

ganjhor

I would happily show you how I did it, but am currently in arbitration over who owns the design. It is however a simple design, so suggest that you simply look at the filter sock and what is required to stuff it in a 6" sanitary spool.

I used a 4" X 8" filter sock with the plastic seal ring at the top, which I stuck through a hole in a plate welded near the top of the spool. The plate had a clearance hole for the filter and groove with a ridge around the top machined in it, for the plastic seal ring to sit on.

I then held it in place with the 6" end cap lid, which I welded a 2" triclamp ferrule in the center of. I put the exit 2" triclamp ferrule in the bottom end cap. Both lids are held on with SSH clamps, so as to meet ASME 350 psi pressure requirements for LPG pressure piping.

Somehow figured there were some legal matters involved with this part...

I take it your referring to the sock filters w/ flange? I believe I've seen one with a ptfe flange... :chin:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got everything but am a little confused by the last paragraph. So you didn't use a 6" to 2" reducer but rather a 6" lid with a hole drilled thru to allow you to weld a 2" ferule to? I've seen the CAD drawings you've posted before, is it the same design as those? On those I noticed you also put a ring w a groove on the top lid as well to hold the filter down.

You can use a premade 2" to 6" end cap reducer. I just made my own.

Yup, that was my design. Lots of ways to skin a duck billed platypus.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It arrived last friday. I don't believe they charged me for the expedited shipping, and they threw in a couple extra sock filters for the wait. All in all, they handled it in a timely manner...but i kinda nagged them to get on it.

I ended up putting a 4" teflon seal on top of the sock and it fits snug in the collar. My concern was liquid making its way around the edge of the filter/collar.

It is working as intended. Glacier supply clamps, obrien? cap reducer...was pretty dirty. Came with one wonky clamp i swapped out.

Thank you, GW, for the suggestion.

Glad it worked out. Some journeys end up with extra steps.........