What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pro XL nutrient range

oldbean

High All

Has anybody got any experience with the Pro XL nutrient range?

I'm only asking as a friend has spent a few hundred pounds on the range and I just want to tell him he's wasted his money..he he

I use plant magic old timer organics myself

Keep it green,peace

DreadPirateRob

On my second grow with it, only used it because house an garden disappeared. was a bit wary of at first because the bottles were so small for the price, but then they seem to last forever, had at least a 20% better yield (buzzing) so i stuck with it. this time round tho I'm using co2 and f***ing hell what a massive difference. I can't wait to see the end result. only problem is that you can only get it in wales atm

oldbean

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm using plant magic old timers grow for veg & Dutch pro coco A&B bloom , CX superior potash, GH Ripen & black strap mollases in flower.

When my nutrients are finished I may try the pro xl range

Last edited:

oldbean

First I've heard of it.
Never heard if a Wales only nutrients..
;)

High Mack 10

I do not believe it is a regional specific nutrient range, its more likely that the only stockist is the biggest grow shop in Wales. Not sure if I can put a link but google "root2success"

#winkwink, nudgenudge, funny handshake

Peace

DreadPirateRob

Thanks for the reassurance, I'm using plant magic old timers grow for veg & Dutch hydro A&B bloom , CX superior potash, GH Ripen & black strap mollases in flower.

When my nutrients are finished I may try the pro xl range

sounds decent, what zymes an root stims are you using?

oldbean

sounds decent, what zymes an root stims are you using?

High

I meant Dutch pro coco A&B in my last post, not hydro.

I have plant magic root stim & cal/mag. Also plant magic veg boost for the young ones, i foliar feed that, That's all.

I'm thinking of trying Dutch pro veg nutrients when my current ones run out although I could be tempted to get the pro xl nutrients, depends how flush I am on the day!

Are you using the full Pro XL range?
Peace

DreadPirateRob

i thought so, i love the foiler feed for the young ones, you can definitely see the difference,makes sense seems as the roots are so small as well to foiler feed until they are developed

i rate dutch pro an plant magics base nutes the same, if they were my only choice then id go for the one that uses less mls to a litre, which i think is dutch pro from what i last remembered, plant magics root stim is in my top 3, the only problem with it tho is that it f***ing stinks if you tip on the floor lol

yep I'm using the full range, Ive stopped mixing different brands because i found that i get better results, not only that, some one told me that I should leave the science to the pro's, cause they constantly spend time an doe on developing there product, made sense to me

oldbean

I like the coco allmix, feels almost silky & is really fluffy....DPR the dude in the shop said that to you about mixing nutes didn't he? Lol

Last edited:

DONAJTHEIII

You cant really say anyones wasted there money thats being ignorant.

If someone likes a nutrient line for various reasons (simplicity, convenience, content ) etc
and works well in their set up then why knock them ?

Some people like maxibloom and powdered fert some people like liquid 2 step lines while some people like GH 3 base line ups

It really comes down to personal preference and what your looking for.

If it works for him then he didnt waste any money especially if it makes him happy and the results speak for them selves.

I use to use 6/9 very cost efficient but now I use another 2 step base nutrient that costs more.

My reason Its easy its the same dosage for A and B and with all the stuff I have on my mind 24/7 with med school it just makes life easier. I would lose count of my ml etc all the time with 6/9 cant lie lol I can wake up at 4am mix my a and b at the same dosage pour one after the other and im out of there.

So at the end of the day if the nute line makes you happy then thats all that matters :D

DreadPirateRob

I like the coco allmix, feels almost silky & is really fluffy....DPR the dude in the shop said that to you about mixing nutes didn't he? Lol
i had a look at the coco, looked good but I've been using all mix so when i used there soil as part of the "stick to the same range moto" haha i went with there soil version, funnily i did notice it was very soft and fluffy

Yeah he sold the same range idea to me about 5 years ago lol i wasn't convinced at first tho but then my results were better and so it all made sense

oldbean

Is there a reason more people don't use this nutrient brand? Its certainly performing well enough for me to say its beating everything I have used so far, that's the coco mix for me & I'm curious to know how the matched nutes perform

DreadPirateRob

I think it's cause it's new out, the shop I bought it from must of been the first with it cause I noticed everyone local to that shop area knows an raves about it, I hope it becomes available further up north pretty soon cause I'm moving next month, I'll keep you posed on what my results were with the full range an co2

DreadPirateRob

Back on Pro XL after trying out a couple of other nute's, i get board easy lol but now I'm back on it seriously, the co2 made about a 7-10% difference give and take, but i only ended up using a large easygrow co2 bag under each light, which was worth chucking in cause they cost peanuts, I would definitely love to try it with a professional co2 set up. I've completely cut back on the enzymes now tho, cut it out on the last 3 weeks, found that it gave a much better taste. i might try there organic range next tho because I'm becoming big on quality, has any one tried there organic range?