What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Americangrower

Veteran
Scrappy you da man..These led shoplights are kicking ass. 4 of them fills my 4 x 8 veg room. That's only just under 170w instead of using my 600w mh or the 2 t5 that were like 480w combined. Now if only I can get myself to switch from 24 to 18/6. Ugh I don't like change. lol

Miraculous Meds

Scrappy you da man..These led shoplights are kicking ass. 4 of them fills my 4 x 8 veg room. That's only just under 170w instead of using my 600w mh or the 2 t5 that were like 480w combined. Now if only I can get myself to switch from 24 to 18/6. Ugh I don't like change. lol

I like 19/5 for veg.

Scrappy-doo

Good to hear AG! Yeah I have like 10 of them and still want more, especially now that summer's coming.

Scrappy-doo

Joey Weed AK47 f2

Very impressed with these. Nice Hardy easy to grow plants. Smells ranging from musky fruit and cream, to Fresca soda, to lemon candy. Just a hint of some underlying gassy notes at times. Nothing in your face loud, but very pleasant.

This girl had a fair amount of stress and turned out great considering. No support needed. That's a 1 gallon pot. She got waaay bigger than I expected, ended up having to feed her from the bottle. Thirsty every day, I treated her as if she was in coco.

picture.php

picture.php

Really cool knobby looking flowers. A little light on the frost but they smell great. From the looks and smells, I can't help but think this line would cross well to ecsd. I didn't keep clones but made f2's and still have half the pack left. Will be making a mental note to revisit this line again later.

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

This round for my personal home grow it's all about the blueberry! I'll have in my little closet blueberry plants from 6 different sources.

-4 lemonhoko blueberry bx2 females
-A single female Carolina Blue x Digiberry f2
-My keeper Joey Weed Blueberry female
-2 different blueberry clones
-Santa Cruz Blue Dream

Going for a seed increase to hunt through, using male pollen from the lemonhoko and Joey Weed lines. Been anticipating this run for a while now.

Here's my 4 BX2 males I'll be using, selected from 7, primarily for stem rub terps. All of these have some killer blueberry funk going on.

picture.php

#1 and #2 are my favorites. Smell like tires/burnt rubber and sweet berry syrup. It looks like #2 is a shorter more stout pheno, but in fact he was topped and then dropped, breaking one of 2 main branches off.

picture.php

#3 and #4 also have a rubber/skunky stem rub, with more of a hard candy type berry sweetness.

picture.php

Some really cool looking leaves in this line.

#1 Male

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

My top pick from this line ended up being a female. Had her tagged as the one to watch from early on. Stem rub smells just like the sample flowers Lem sent with the pack, and she just has that 'blueberry' look to me.

Blueberry BX2 female #1

picture.php

picture.php

Female #1 and Male #1

picture.php

All but one of the girls have a more sativa frame. Here we have Alien Tarantula = (Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough x Alien Kush) x Alien Tech. on the left, next to Blueberry BX2 #2.

picture.php

I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a mislabel. I know the BX2 line has Fire Alien Kush somewhere down the lineage. Will be interesting to see how these 2 develop.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with your assessment of Bx2 #1. It for sure has that "blueberry" look to it. This will be a good show! Always down to watch a blueberry run. :lurk:

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
tough to tell but I think I would use #3 he looks to have the fattest leaves, that with the candy terp. Then again I'm an indica high type of guy.

Scrappy-doo

I agree with your assessment of Bx2 #1. It for sure has that "blueberry" look to it. This will be a good show! Always down to watch a blueberry run. :lurk:

Good to have another set of eyes on these that know the blue lines as well as you do brother! Looking forward to your input.

dank.Frank

tough to tell but I think I would use #3 he looks to have the fattest leaves, that with the candy terp. Then again I'm an indica high type of guy.

Only thing with the bx2 is if I select more indica phenos I'm probably selecting away from the blueberry side of things.

Wait till you guys see my Joey Weed bb f2. She's much more indica and has to be one of the prettiest plants in the garden. Flowers turn deep purple, fat, dense, knobby and frosty with a great indy stone injected with some psychedelic mind meld trippy effects.

The Joey Weed line is imo a treasure trove to hunt through. Quite different from DJ's current offering and I believe to be real deal oldschool blueberry. Lots of variety in terps and flavors ranging from deep hash, floral, raw fruit, and my keeper has some mild candy notes. And that's just from a single pack. Definitely a wide range of phenos as expected with an f2 and most not keeper potential for me, but I've seen enough to know I want pick up a few more packs and really dig deep in there.

Scrappy-doo

I was looking to pick up some more led shop lights for the summer run. Turns out I don't need to anymore. I just won a Mars Led Hydro T-2000. Supposed to be used in a 4x4 so we're gonna have a showdown between the 630 and that in the 8x4 tent. :dance013:

Been real interested in how LED tech has come along over the past few years. We're about to find out!

Zomboy

Veteran
I was looking to pick up some more led shop lights for the summer run. Turns out I don't need to anymore. I just won a Mars Led Hydro T-2000. Supposed to be used in a 4x4 so we're gonna have a showdown between the 630 and that in the 8x4 tent. :dance013:

Been real interested in how LED tech has come along over the past few years. We're about to find out!

good shit, congrats on winning the light!

just switched to LED myself, on my first run with this set up at about 6 weeks. I'm skeptical that it will out perform HPS or CMH. guess we'll see.. not having to run AC is a huge + though. temps stay around 79-80 but with summer coming who knows how long that will last

Scrappy-doo

What kind of LED is yours? How many watts? I know there's supposed to have been some advances in the tech to make them very competitive. At least that's what I've heard.

Zomboy

Veteran
What kind of LED is yours? How many watts? I know there's supposed to have been some advances in the tech to make them very competitive. At least that's what I've heard.

I built my own using Solstrip X2s, basically a Quantum board. should be pushing around 700 to 750 watts in a 4x4 tent. without a doubt its competitive and its my first run using LED so its not dialed in yet. I just don't know if it will be able to beat out my old 1k set up but it remains to be determined. the energy savings and how cool they run is already enough of a reason to not go back for me. also the life expectancy is supposed to be great. something like 7 years running 24 hours a day will only see a small degradation in light quality(not sure of the exact numbers).

Scrappy-doo

Oh wow that's a lot of watts for a 4x4. That's awesome that you have the skill to build one yourself. I looked into doing that a few years ago but gave up pretty quick.

Not sure how much power the T-2000 runs comparatively. The heat reduction is going to be critical for the summer. I run an ac but it struggles when I'm lighting the whole tent with hid lights in the summer.

As much as I love these 630's, if the Mars unit performs I'll seriously have to consider switching over completely.

Zomboy

Veteran
Oh wow that's a lot of watts for a 4x4. That's awesome that you have the skill to build one yourself. I looked into doing that a few years ago but gave up pretty quick.

Not sure how much power the T-2000 runs comparatively. The heat reduction is going to be critical for the summer. I run an ac but it struggles when I'm lighting the whole tent with hid lights in the summer.

As much as I love these 630's, if the Mars unit performs I'll seriously have to consider switching over completely.

I was told this should be able to hang with my 1k set up and the dimensions of the lights fit the 4x4 almost perfect. I'll post some pics of the set up when I get a chance.

the guy at soltrip was very helpful. it was my first time doing anything like this and he answered a ton of questions. everything came predrilled so all I really had to do was strip some wires and assemble it. seemed daunting at first but all in all it wasn't too bad.

I'll def be sticking around to see how the side by side goes for you

Scrappy-doo

Super Silver Haze

Recently acquired locally. From what I've gathered she dates back to '05. Of all the new plants I'm the most excited for this one. Awesome bud structure nice and solid, decent yield, great vigor, easy to grow, done in 9-10, catch a whiff and you know exactly what it is. Faded a little earlier than I would have liked and not the best pics but she's a keeper 100. Next round she's gonna throw down.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Called it. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
beautiful looking lady Scappy. SSH always makes me think, how did they call this a haze because she sure doesn't grow like one.