What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

atk7

Anybody ever happen to take a temperature of the mix while its boiling in the crocpot? I had mine on low and it was bububbling just slightly on the edges an I had about 210f to 220f. And cooked for 9 hrs got very dark . Is that about the right range or should it be higher or lower ? The cookies I made I used 4 table spoons of the butter (used a betty crocr mix for peanut butter cookies that called for 3 tbsp of butter ) and one cookie sets me good after one hr for at least another 5 hrs got about 20 cookies out of the batch but my tolerance is up a bit so.I think I'm in the ball park at least. But don't want to waste .

My crock pot get's to just under 200 degrees f.

I got tired of catching a little tease, and I hate the taste of cannabis products...so decided to go a bit overboard. (fewer bites to choke down, but better results...hopefully)
A buddy of mine recommended I try some RSO instead of the cannabutter. But I'm a 'more is better' kinda guy, and tried both together.
I had a couple (just over 2) ounces of budlets-n-good trim, and a couple (2) sticks of butter. Crock potted it for almost 6 hours and strained it out, let it cool in the fridge, pat dry.
The Supreme Brownie recipe called for 1/3 cup of veg oil, which I substituted with 1/3 cup cannabutter. Not wanting that aforementioned tease...I also added 1ml of RSO. (Naphtha extraction) Couldn't hurt, right?

I had a 1" x 2" square. The taste wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, (perhaps not even as bad as usual) and I was able to choke it down ok with the help of a large glass of milk. Couldn't taste the extra RSO. I started feeling it about an hour later. About 2 hours after that, the effects were like taking 2 hits of Orange Sunshine at the State Fair. Seriously overmedicated for quite some time. I've overdone it before with too many cookies or candies. Never this intense, though. I might try a 1" square tonight...but now I fear my brownies.

Anyone else use RSO for cooking? I skimmed through the thread and didn't notice any mention of it.

rolandomota

Veteran
Have their been Any purple haze butter tests? I am going to try this tech for sure. Im a cannabutter virgin lol. It would be interesting to have psychedelic butter

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Have their been Any purple haze butter tests? I am going to try this tech for sure. Im a cannabutter virgin lol. It would be interesting to have psychedelic butter

if one does them like zack (High? Zack.:tiphat:) they all can be psychedelic.:greenstars:.. :headbange

blastfrompast

Veteran
rusty:

I have added decarbed bho to finished melted Canna-butter before....kick it up a few notches.....

Add an extra 100mg thc per cookie if the butter is a bit weak sorta deal.....

Morcheeba*

Veteran
the butter is well on its way to making me some meds. i ended up putting 97 gm Casey Jones bud and 81gm of ECSD bud to a lb of butter so i think im in for a ride. i hope to have some baked goods by tomorrow night and a report will be when i can make it to the computer.

peace

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
the butter is well on its way to making me some meds. i ended up putting 97 gm Casey Jones bud and 81gm of ECSD bud to a lb of butter so i think im in for a ride. i hope to have some baked goods by tomorrow night and a report will be when i can make it to the computer.

peace

that's close to 6.4 ounces! of bud, not trim, to one pound of butter...is there a saturation point? where at there isn't enough fat to hold the thc content presented?

making them at 1 ounce to a pound of butter (4 sticks), a cookie mix and 1 stick (1/4 cup) will make 24 cookies. each one will really alter ones perspective and with 2 you'll still be high tomorrow. I personally had an experience where a ER nurse though I was having a heart attack.. I was so high, I couldn't tell her why. that wasn't fun but that's what happened.. youre my hero.:tiphat: or fuckin crazy.:biggrin:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You got it Snook...

You got it Snook...

I usually use 1 1/2 ounces of Bud per pound..
:party: or 2 or 3 ounces for 16 ounces of Coconut Oil
I am making some pizzas right now with CocoCanna Oil

Good Luck

atk7

:yeahthats. Snook! Sounds like a mini cookie would do it and then some with morcheebas batch

Last edited:

Morcheeba*

Veteran
that's close to 6.4 ounces! of bud, not trim, to one pound of butter...is there a saturation point? where at there isn't enough fat to hold the thc content presented?

making them at 1 ounce to a pound of butter (4 sticks), a cookie mix and 1 stick (1/4 cup) will make 24 cookies. each one will really alter ones perspective and with 2 you'll still be high tomorrow. I personally had an experience where a ER nurse though I was having a heart attack.. I was so high, I couldn't tell her why. that wasn't fun but that's what happened.. youre my hero.:tiphat: or fuckin crazy.:biggrin:

im sure there is a point where the butter cant hold anymore thc but i dont know what it is and this is my 2nd time trying this so im learning as i go.

i didnt like the taste last time so my theory was make it more potent and use very little canna-butter in my cookies. im going to try a small piece first so i dont end up in the er like you.

i didnt care much for either bud and no longer grow them so it was a good way to get more experience making butter and dispose of several ounces.

peace

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Morcheeba ..

Morcheeba ..

If you want to get rid of the green all you have to do is bring it to a boil in water and cool it.

Pick out the Budder and dump the water.

After a couple of cycle most of the green and taste will be gone.

Good Luck

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
another way to get rid of the green color (it represents how much THC is present) would be add another pound or 2 of straight butter/ghee to what you have, that would make your ratio more like 2 ounces of herb to a pound of butter.. still killer.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Actually NOT

Actually NOT

another way to get rid of the green color (it represents how much THC is present) would be add another pound or 2 of straight butter/ghee to what you have, that would make your ratio more like 2 ounces of herb to a pound of butter.. still killer.

The green is Chlorophyll - this is what make plants grow and gives us the nasty plant taste.

All of the THC is absorb by the Oil or Butter.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
The green is Chlorophyll - this is what make plants grow and gives us the nasty plant taste.

All of the THC is absorb by the Oil or Butter.

I stand corrected, the chlorophyll is green. I have made butter boiling it with water and in a jar in and ia a crock pot in a jar with the butter and no water. Either way, it comes out green and do not, however, perceive any green nasty taste either way.
Must be the taste buds going.:biggrin:

EDIT: so are you implying that there is no limit to how much thc a pound of butter can 'absorb'?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Yes there is a limit of how much THC the butter will absorb..

Yes there is a limit of how much THC the butter will absorb..

I stand corrected, the chlorophyll is green. I have made butter boiling it with water and in a jar in and ia a crock pot in a jar with the butter and no water. Either way, it comes out green and do not, however, perceive any green nasty taste either way.
Must be the taste buds going.:biggrin:

EDIT: so are you implying that there is no limit to how much thc a pound of butter can 'absorb'?

Unfortunately I don't know how much :biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea of the THC saturation level of butter and coconut oil?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Does anyone have any idea of the THC saturation level of butter and coconut oil?

As Zach will tell you from his experience, maximum saturation is an insane amount which you'll want to dilute before using.

I always have have to dilute my butter 50-50 with regular butter or my cookies will be way too strong. This is just using excess trim off each plant as they come down, I'm not adding hash, oil, or anything else you crazy guys have been adding to your mixes! :laughing:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
As Zach will tell you from his experience, maximum saturation is an insane amount which you'll want to dilute before using. :laughing:

terpene... I blame it all on you (ha-ha)... it was your cookin method.... ofcourse I was the ass who doubled or tripled the amount of weed suggested... and I really was a 'large' ass who instead of testing the cookie by eating 1/4 of it, ate the whole fukin thing...

I have not tried even a small piece since... I'm sticking to smoking it... its worked for 40+ years.. why mess with success...

RB56

Veteran
I ran into some non-grow related obstacles over the last few months that put my grow behind schedule. As a result, I didn't have enough material to make a batch of coconut oil with my favorite strain. I decided to test the potential of the jars of already vaped material to see if it had any value. Also wanted to do this to see if it was worth keeping the stuff in the future. It's all had around 3 pulls in an Arizer Solo set to Level 3-190°C / 374°F.

My usual ration is 7 ounces of coconut oil to one ounce of bud or two ounces of trim. I used 3 ounces of this stuff. Followed the same process but gave it one more water wash cycle because the stuff was nasty.

Even with the extra wash, it still brought more flavor to the finished product than I like. More potent than I shoot for. 1/4 peanut butter cookie was nice - slightly heavier high than usual but very nice and still recognizable. 1/2 cookie was too much and put me in bed.

I'll probably continue to save the vaped material for emergencies.

BubbaBear

Does the cinnamon really make a noticeable difference in potency?

Does soy lecithin help with extracting the THC into the butter or does it only help with absorbing the THC into your system?