What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thc Lollipop Tutorial

Hey snype everything turned out great , never made lollipops but I made soft crack candy , didn't get the temp up to 300 f and it come out soft but great . it started to boil like mad and I got paranoid of it burning so I finished at 260 f . Did the double boil decarb method till all bubbles were gone in my bho then added to recipe at 100 f, added raspberry flavoring from local candy store ... mmm . I only take one a session and it does me fine , a little paranoid to take 2 or 3 because I think it would comatoast ya .... thanks again for help.

It'll boil like mad, for sure. Don't worry about it just watch the temps.

My biggest issue when making these is that my candy mix seems to keep rising in temperature even when taken off the heating element.

Once it hits 260-275 it likes to shoot up a lot faster so keep your eye on it from that point. I usually remove mine from the heat at 285f and it'll continue to climb to about 300. Pulling it off at 300 results in burnt candy because (for me, anyway) my temps keep climbing to about 320.

Once I added the hash a little too early and the temp kept climbing after I took it off heat! Gifted that whole batch since they were still fairly potent, just nasty tasting. Now I always add the hash after the candy is off heat and the temps stabilize.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I doubled my recipe this time and wasn't quite prepared for the boil off at 220-245F. It is normal for the molten sugar to foam up prior to the last temperature spike. Once the rabid foaming eases up the temp will then spike toward 300.
I have had mixed results in the past with getting my candies to be a uniform dose. I am now emulsifying the bho with coconut oil prior to making the candy and adding a bit of glycerin when I stir it in and the issue seems to be resolved.
The emulsified bho pours in easily. I then add about a teaspoon (5ml) of glycerin and mix it in. I added a bit of additional glycerin to get the oil to fully mix into the molten sugar.
If people are feeling rushed when the cool the sugar and then pour..you can hold the heat. I have put the pot back on the heat when it cooled to quickly and was able to get the rest of the hot candy out of the pot and into the molds.
watermelon or rootbeer hmmm....:chin:

Snype

Veteran
I doubled my recipe this time and wasn't quite prepared for the boil off at 220-245F. It is normal for the molten sugar to foam up prior to the last temperature spike. Once the rabid foaming eases up the temp will then spike toward 300.
I have had mixed results in the past with getting my candies to be a uniform dose. I am now emulsifying the bho with coconut oil prior to making the candy and adding a bit of glycerin when I stir it in and the issue seems to be resolved.
The emulsified bho pours in easily. I then add about a teaspoon (5ml) of glycerin and mix it in. I added a bit of additional glycerin to get the oil to fully mix into the molten sugar.
If people are feeling rushed when the cool the sugar and then pour..you can hold the heat. I have put the pot back on the heat when it cooled to quickly and was able to get the rest of the hot candy out of the pot and into the molds.
watermelon or rootbeer hmmm....:chin:

The last batch of Lollipops I had to make on an electric stove. Boy was that a mistake. $500 worth of lollipops in the trash due to burnt sugar. So yeah that temperature spike and foam up can be common if you can't adjust the heat. Also I'm sure the size of the pot also matters. It's fine to put the sugar back on the heat to get the rest of it in the molds. I do it all the time.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I worked from an electric stove last time I double batched. uggh!
Using gas heat certainly helps alot!
Im going with strawberry today:biggrin:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
So what about nuwave cooktop set to 300??? Would that be ideal or would it take to long to bring to temp????

Apache Kush

hey snype when you get the YouTube stuff online let us all or me know

I like to watch and learn from video stuff but its hard to find great content , gl

KONY

Veteran
Made first batch tonight, ended up with 19 candies from 5.3 grams of old kief. Decarbed it in the toaster oven for 10 mins at 280, but it was probably naturally decarbed from being 8-12 months old.

The laser temp gun worked way better than our long non digital candy thermometer.

EastCoast710

i think lollipops work best because honestly u absorb it into your mucus membrane in your mouth .. a 100mg pop vs 100mg chocolate of same oil. i get more fucked up off the pop FOR SURE..

KONY

Veteran
I like making jolly ranchers more than lollipops, as there is less waste. Just made some green apple ones that are perfect. Gonna do watermelon and raspberry next.