What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BruceLeeroy's 432 watt t5 aeroflo ScrOGlog - afgooey

BruceLeeroy

Some dried and ready to cure yumminess

And finally... the reason I didn't want to trim off everything below the screen.... notice the bud that was used to wipe off the leftover bubble that was stuck to the spoon after scraping it off the screen.

BruceLeeroy

So there it is, start to finish, my first ever attempt at a ScrOG. I had a ton of fun doing it, very rewarding hands on type of thing. The buds weren't nearly as large as you'd see with any HID style light, but they actually turned out just as dense dried. The smaller cola's and popcorn nugs wouldn't have the bag appeal of larger 1/4 ounce + nugs, but my goal wasn't bag appeal as the only person smoking this is my wife and I.
I honestly think that the level of trichomes under the Fluoro's surpassed what I've seen this strain do under HID tree's and a DWC top lit setup. certainly not a scientific experiment but if I had to say, I'd say they had more THC.

The flavor is a very intensely sweet pungent aroma smokes very smoothly with a hashy/lightly fruity exhale. The buds are a light green, they'd probably be darker green if it wasn't for the coat of yumminess :) Judging from past experience, as it cures it will sacrifice more of the fruitiness to a sugary smell remeniscent of making homemade candy when your cooking the sugar.

The effect is intense and long lasting. I actually prefer to load little one hit bubbler bowls just so every hit is a tasty fresh explosion of flavor, and it doesn't take much! one hit will send lightweights packing and 2-3 will rock back even seasoned vets! Joints really don't work well because it's so gooey that it gums up the grinder and just sticks in it. Very nice mix of body and head high, kills the pain and makes me very mellow. I love this strain!

All told, after removing everything under the screen, drying and clipping from stalks it came to 12.7. Certainly not going to win any gpw awards, as you can see from the screen though there was a lot of empty space... it was my first attempt lol. Next run I will have a much better idea of when to flip, and all the plants will be equal. The bubble speaks for itself, and while I definitely understand the concept of ridding the lower to focus on the upper... The amount of bubble that came from a little over 3 ounces of trim and lower bud I think is a bit of vindication ;) Thanks to the 1 person who felt interested enough to chat! Thanks to any who read this all, hopefully you'll throw out some comments, ideas, etc!

-Peace.

BruceLeeroy

Almost 400 views and only 1 person comments/offers insight/says "hi"? I realize I've been relatively incommunicado for several years but it seems like ICMAG was more lively at some point!

Slye

I created this account just so I could comment on your journal here -- A+ brother, A+! I have a very similar setup: same dimensions (more height), scrog, ebb & flow, 8xt5s. I learned a lot from your journal. Pics were great, by the way, and you gave lots of details.

Two Qs for you ... how high was the screen from the plant base? And, and sorry if you mentioned this already, would you trim everything below the screen next time, or just, say, 90%, 80% ... ?

Forget the others who had nothing to say :)

Cheers!

Dutch_John

Almost 400 views and only 1 person comments/offers insight/says "hi"? I realize I've been relatively incommunicado for several years but it seems like ICMAG was more lively at some point!

LOL, yea I know man, well I'm regular on another related site and know what you mean, also its like if you give this great reply on a active thread everyone shuts up, whats up with that? I like to think I postured myself too well, who knows.

You've covered things pretty well so I didn't have questions myself, and think you don't have anyone disputing your info man and thats a good :dance013:thing

Adrift

Veteran
nice grow! looks like some tasty gooey goodness forsure! what kinda smells/taste are you getting at this point?

later :joint:

BruceLeeroy

Hey all sorry i haven't responded, kinda gave up on this thread lol! Thanks for the kind words, it's a work in progress. I'm shooting for a full lb on this harvest by filling the screen fully and letting it grow up a bit more above the screen so the colas get a little bigger.

As far as trimming the undergrowth... it's a hard call! I decided to do it this time, but last time by NOT trimming I was rewarded with over a half ounce of bubble hash from combined thin buds under the screen and trim... so I'll update in a month or so what happened the second time around. I just switched into flowering, and what I did was trim off any branches that weren't already up through the screen, including side branches off of main branches that are already through the screen but the side branches are below the screen. hopefully that makes sense, i'll try and get some pics up in the next couple days showing what i did under the screen.

I set my screen around 6 inches from the base of the plants, not sure if that's ideal, just what I did lol.

taste and smell... This strain is a very sweet smelling herb, almost like cotton candy/caramelized sugar. a hint of almost a bubblegum/fruity smell, and a tad bit of skunk thrown in. one of the best bag smells I've ever grown. the taste is decidedly hash like, shy of smoking hash it's about the next best thing.

Thanks again for the kind words and good luck on your endeavors! drop me a link here on privately so I can check out any threads you guys have going here or elsewhere!

farmer619

Wow!

I'm not sure if you will ever read this BruceLeeroy, but this thread is amazing and so similar to my current grow! So similar that I pretty much know what to expect. I had to register just to post this reply. I will be showing my wife this later :p.

I am currently in my 2nd grow ever. My first under HID lighting, and now this closet grow under t5's. Just 1 plant, no scrog, just topping with lots of bending and tying. I am even using the same nutrients you are haha.

I'm a little disappointed in the size of your colas under the t5's as I expect mine to be similar to yours at least. I did remove all lower growth though, and only 1 plant under only 4 2ft t5's, they give off literally no heat which is nice.

But I do want to up-scale after this, and you say the 8bulb 4 foot t5's give out a lot of heat? I might just back to HID lighting for flowering if I'll have to add light ventilation anyways. You said MH in your post but I'm sure you meant HPS right?

Also, have you ever thought about adding some other type of nutrient? I know people use the GH flora series and then add some special goodies for flowering to produce big buds, I want to look into this.

Good luck growing! And if you ever read this, I would be very interested to read another one of your grows!

BruceLeeroy

Revisiting this again after all these years... thanks for the kind words and views. Had to bump this so my buddy EH would see it!

PK71

awesome thread man just goes to show what motivation and creativity can do! you ever end up going back to trees since you posted this or have you still been working with flouros?

ODF

Great thread, thanks for sharing. I'm currently finishing up my first small scrog in the back of my closet.

It's a good thing.

BruceLeeroy

awesome thread man just goes to show what motivation and creativity can do! you ever end up going back to trees since you posted this or have you still been working with flouros?

Just been doing the closet fluoride thing but now that my nephew moved out the trees are back on the horizon!