What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By far and without a doubt, the least expensive conventional, synthetic fertilizers

BillFarthing

Veteran
If you want a 1-bag solution to do a lot of gallons, has anyone looked at Grow More Mendocino Foliage Pro, Rockwool, and Bloom?

I have had excellent results with them. I did have to let the solution sit overnight or put in a stir pump to get all of the solids to dissolve. Still good stuff.

Last edited:

toohighmf

Veteran
Anyone using Jack’s 3-2-1 with multiple high ppfd LED’s? 1st I had mag defics so upped basically to 3-2-2 and now I’m getting textbook calcium defics. WTF? I’m at near 1000ppm. No burn but I’m still getting the splotch. I have never seen anything like this before in all my years. Anyone?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Anyone using Jack’s 3-2-1 with multiple high ppfd LED’s? 1st I had mag defics so upped basically to 3-2-2 and now I’m getting textbook calcium defics. WTF? I’m at near 1000ppm. No burn but I’m still getting the splotch. I have never seen anything like this before in all my years. Anyone?

What are you growing in? I maxed out in coco at 2.0 EC.
In RDWC, I maxed out at 1.2 EC. This is using stock 3-2-1.

For an 8 week strain, I always hit the max EC value week 6. Week 7, I cut out CalNit. Week 8 is just water, maybe add .5 EC Potassium Sulfate if I'm feeling fancy.

toohighmf

Veteran
What are you growing in? I maxed out in coco at 2.0 EC.
In RDWC, I maxed out at 1.2 EC. This is using stock 3-2-1.

For an 8 week strain, I always hit the max EC value week 6. Week 7, I cut out CalNit. Week 8 is just water, maybe add .5 EC Potassium Sulfate if I'm feeling fancy.

I run a 4” rockwool cube atop of 4-5” of mini rw croutons in a 3 gal smart pot. Ph is 5.7-6.1 fluctuations of .1-.3 daily. Things are looking better after a serious defol.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I last posted in this thread almost ten years ago... and I come back to it now for the great information!

Was using coco for a while, but I'm tired of the fungus gnat issue, so going with this recycled glass product. Perfect reason to drag out the 10-year-old bucket of jack's hydro and calnit.

Going with the advice I got in this thread almost ten years ago, I'm going to try the 3:2 ratio jacks/calnit. I'm currently using canna coco nutes and the plants are fine so far but who knows how long that'll last.

Thanks to ICMAG, such an awesome resource!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I last posted in this thread almost ten years ago... and I come back to it now for the great information!

Was using coco for a while, but I'm tired of the fungus gnat issue, so going with this recycled glass product. Perfect reason to drag out the 10-year-old bucket of jack's hydro and calnit.

Going with the advice I got in this thread almost ten years ago, I'm going to try the 3:2 ratio jacks/calnit. I'm currently using canna coco nutes and the plants are fine so far but who knows how long that'll last.

Thanks to ICMAG, such an awesome resource!

Well, that didn't happen! Turned out my clones hated the recycled glass product, so I went back to coco. Was able to keep the fungus gnats in check with Monterrey BT, growsafe and tilling the grow medium.

However, I have a Panama x Honduras Fem in a perlite hempy bucket that is doing fantastic with my 10-year-old buckets of jacks and calnit. Actually, they probably not that old but they aren't fresh.

Latest posts

Latest posts