What's new

plant turned hermie, should I harvest early

bboyego

I have been growing 5 different femles that are all about 3 weeks until done. A few days ago I noticed that one plant turned hermie and all the pollen sacks were opened. I removed the plant from the grow area and put it outside but since the days are longer, won't it go back into veg? Should I harvest it early or just cut my losses? I don't really want to check daily for male parts. Advice?

Dready_jake

I'd say maybe cull the male, and expect seeds, dont harvest early and you can use the seeds, not all the offspring will be Hermie prone, but a percentage will.

bboyego

Well I have been checking my other plants and seen one with the highest yield started to develop some seeds. It just sucks that I have to toss it. Thanks for the reply.

bboyego

I'm worried about using the seeds because I don't want a higher risk of this same situation happening again.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
No let it golonger than you think it should go ,and cut cure and smoke it toss the seeds in a ditch some where ,and return in the fall

bboyego

I was talking about the hermie. I'll still smoke the seeded ones. I'm just disappointed in myself for not catching it soon enough.

Dready_jake

oh good i was hoping i read that wrong. ya hermies are always arisk. espessially for me i havent started buying seeds yet. all mine are bagseeds. I found a deathstar seed and that bitch hermied like right after stretch. a giant vegged plant dead from nuts. oh well now i have bagseed gems! good luck!!