What's new

NUTRIENTS!! best nutrients and properly using them

Sup...

I've been using FLORANOVA series.. and I'm over it,

I want something coCo specific.

Is there anyone out there that is happy with there nutrients ( no problems easy to mix easy to follow,)

I just want something tailor maid for coco and is easy and gives all the nutrients needed so I don't run into any defciancys or toxity,

Please share what ur using WITH COCO and how many tsp.
how much of this or that?.
What brand.
why u like it.

I'd love to hear about it I'm looking to set up a new grow in a few days and I will be starating from clones

castrau5

Botanicare kind is killing it for me. I fallow there feeding chart almost to the T only thing I add is liquid karma and my plants haven't been healthier. I use R/O water so I also add cal/mag at 200ppm give or take depending on strain..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

Nichead

Yeah lucas works. I didn't like Floranova at all. Plants started having problems and I switched back to my old maxi ways. I probably could have adapted and learned to use it, but why fix something that ain't broke. Maxi nutes provide a good foundation for your plants so you can spot the deficiencies. Watch the plants and give them what they need. Most strains don't really need a lot of Cal/Mag in coco, but a lot of them do (especially OG's).

I use just the one tablespoon of maxi for a 5 gallon bucket, two if the plants look hungry and a dose of cal/mag or micro if they need it.

omgwt

I run Gold Label A+B at 3ML per Liter, and 0.1ML per Liter with Enzyme (also works as drip cleaner) Works just fine, I usually add a little bit of PK during flowering. I used to run it at like 2ml/L but the plants can take a lot more. Not sure what the ppm is even though I own an E/C meter but I never use it because graduating 0.5 to 3ML/L works good. (0.5ML at the start and im at 3.0ML after around 4-5 weeks, in time for flowering in my setup)

I have experience from Canna too and it's similar, as in it works good.

angusnaut

There are many different coco specific nutrients out there. Although with this in mind I wouldnt go out seeking better results from a brand. I'd iron out a feeding regime with current nutes (floranova) dial that in then go from there.

Many people run floranova in coco with great results. I wouldnt switch brands because your results arent ideal. Figure out what youre doing wrong and correct it. Its cheaper in the long run and will help you 'grow' and a grower.

Amoeba

I use the house and garden a/b with some cal mag as per dosage directions on the bottles. Simple and easy with good results so far!

You see... I don't like the flora nova because it is super thick and sorta hard to mix, besides that... I have thought about it and am set on a new line

I was really thinking H&G!!
Anyone that runs the coco as A AND B PLEASE SHARE???

I'm interested in the drip clean, it would be nice to need less run off, and be able to follow a chart?

I'm just confused on wether it is just a 2 part or if I need all the adds???

It has good reviews for the most part tho..

Gdood9

picture.php

House and Garden coco A+B, calimagic and drip clean only. Day 50.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I'm thinking about doing the Lucas head formula?

THAT'S GOOD FOR COCO RIGHT?

6/9?? Any adds?

No, it's the lazy way out. Second worst to Flora Nova for coco. The previous thread you started answered many of these questions. Why start another thread..?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Heads 6/9 works EXCELLENT in coco. Jack, don't believe this utter bullshit that you need coco specific nutes. It's clown talk.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I use Canna A+B base and Rhizotonic + H&G Top Booster and Bud XL for PK and sugar/carbo boosting..

Gdood9

I think pretty much every type of nutrient out there has been used with coco. Anything will work given proper dosage really. Coco specific nutrients just tend to be higher in magnesium and calcium as coco tends to hold onto them. I'd say if you aren't an experienced grower, to start with coco specific nutrients just so you don't run into too many problems with deficiencies. If you know what you're doing and how to make a nutrient regimen and how to read your plants then really you can use whatever you want. Coco is quite versatile. Organics, synthetic, 1 part, 2 part, 8 million part, whatever...it's all been done in coco.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
The best nutes?
The ones you learn to use, along with whatever additives, if needed, used at the right time of plant growth.