What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Sativa Landrace from India...

osirica420

I have been in India about 5 months, I have met a few farmers in rural areas of Madhya Pradesh. There is alot of untouched genetics there that that look to be pure bred sativas. Cannabis grows wild there, its everywhere. I found a someone that lived in the village, and I taught him how to dry the budz properly cuz they just let it sit in the sun til it changes color then compress it makes it look like brick weed. So I had him goto all the local farmers for me in the area and get samples dried properly, he came back with 2 good ones out of 8. I am getting many more samples of different phenotypes that aren't seeded coming in 2 weeks even better he says, all indian sativas. All the bud here is organic from what the villager told me. Only thing about the bud I currently have is that it has tons of seeds.

Its has a very sweet skunky smell when the bud is broken open...
The high has a very clean trippy feeling, uplifting and potent..
The taste is skunky sweet and smooth...
When burned it smells very sweet in the air..
These landraces have alot of genetic potential..:joint:

sorry for pic resolution need new camera..

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 19

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
That is really cool. Thanks for the photos. Maybe someday some of your seeds will find their way to seedbay.

Indian land race genetics are really interesting.

R

ranneG

2 years ago I took home a handfull of seed from Goa. Got the seeds from a guy "smokin' baba". I sprouted a couple of them just for fun, knowing that it it would never ripen (denmark). I just let it grow and they really liked the danish soil nice and moist. the biggest plant grew about 4 meters high an 2 meters in diameter, but the frost came before it even showed sex! The weed I smoked in India was ok but as yousaid not cured or trimmed.

Beeka

Yeah well thats interesting cause I got these dutch genetics and planted them up here, even with long days the little buggers flowered up some 2-5 Grm per plant. jeez i see why some would just love to have those landrace sativas instead.

O

Oxirous

What I would love to know how you know it's a sativa? Sativas are mainly from other parts of the world, like South America, Africa, Malaysia, Mexico, Central America.

-O

I have been in India about 5 months, I have met a few farmers in rural areas of Madhya Pradesh. There is alot of untouched genetics there that that look to be pure bred sativas. Cannabis grows wild there, its everywhere. I found a someone that lived in the village, and I taught him how to dry the budz properly cuz they just let it sit in the sun til it changes color then compress it makes it look like brick weed. So I had him goto all the local farmers for me in the area and get samples dried properly, he came back with 2 good ones out of 8. I am getting many more samples of different phenotypes that aren't seeded coming in 2 weeks even better he says, all indian sativas. All the bud here is organic from what the villager told me. Only thing about the bud I currently have is that it has tons of seeds.

Its has a very sweet skunky smell when the bud is broken open...
The high has a very clean trippy feeling, uplifting and potent..
The taste is skunky sweet and smooth...
When burned it smells very sweet in the air..
These landraces have alot of genetic potential..:joint:

sorry for pic resolution need new camera..

scaramanga

What I would love to know how you know it's a sativa? Sativas are mainly from other parts of the world, like South America, Africa, Malaysia, Mexico, Central America.

-O

That's not quite correct. Sativas occur all over the world, primarily(but not exclusively) below 30 deg. (both north and south). Madhya Pradesh lies in the mid 20's. And if you look at the pictures that he posted, the buds look typical of a sativa.

Thanks for the report Osirica. It's always really nice to read first hand reports on good Landraces. You should try donating some of those seeds to the icmag auction. I'm sure that more than a few people would be interested in those. Keep us posted on those future buds.:joint:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I thought most pure sativas tended to be seedy

isn't that true. I read that somewhere, and you have to breed the hermie out of them which takes a couple generations.

DJ Shorts article I think......

whats the taste and high like

sashiva

I thought most pure sativas tended to be seedy

isn't that true. I read that somewhere, and you have to breed the hermie out of them which takes a couple generations.

DJ Shorts article I think......

whats the taste and high like

im pretty sure he was only talking about thai's when he said that as those are the only ones to my knowledge that are notorious for hermie

Nik Dynosaur

-O

The bud structure is a dead giveaway. Granted, there are indica/sativa hybrids that grow out like that in certain situations, but just using the location and the picture of the bud with the airy sort of structure as context clues you can sort of deduce that its a sativa.

unless my reasoning is completely faulty.

indian sativas are supposed to be quite nice!

Osirica, Thats a beautiful find! Those seeds might not be as exciting to you as they would some people ;) i know i'd love to have that beautiful lady in my garden. The resin glands seem to have HUGE heads

O

Oxirous

Thanks for teaching me something new scaramanga.:respect:

-O

That's not quite correct. Sativas occur all over the world, primarily(but not exclusively) below 30 deg. (both north and south). Madhya Pradesh lies in the mid 20's. And if you look at the pictures that he posted, the buds look typical of a sativa.

Thanks for the report Osirica. It's always really nice to read first hand reports on good Landraces. You should try donating some of those seeds to the icmag auction. I'm sure that more than a few people would be interested in those. Keep us posted on those future buds.:joint:

O

Oxirous

Sorry no disrespect here Nik Dynosaur, I've just been mis-informed.

-O

;2232912 said:
The bud structure is a dead giveaway. Granted, there are indica/sativa hybrids that grow out like that in certain situations, but just using the location and the picture of the bud with the airy sort of structure as context clues you can sort of deduce that its a sativa.

unless my reasoning is completely faulty.

indian sativas are supposed to be quite nice!

Osirica, Thats a beautiful find! Those seeds might not be as exciting to you as they would some people ;) i know i'd love to have that beautiful lady in my garden. The resin glands seem to have HUGE heads

osirica420

Thank you all for all the nice replys!...

In about a week I think I should have something very good to show...

These sativas are nice, definetly something different. I am from New Jersey all we get is Haze hybrids and Sour Diesel, and a few other strains here and there. This is a nice treat. Yea i have been saving the seeds, they are strange looking very small and tiger stripped.. Check the size difference out from the str8 sativa seeds and some other indian sativa/indica hybrids I got from someone else..

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 12

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool. sounds like some great breeding material. just keep back crossing the most potent and fragrant plants to get lots of seeds. you might inrtoduce a whole new type of landrace to the american breeding pool.

Back crossing more than once just gets you more seeds. It doesnt stabalize a strain. Once you find a really nice keeper mom you can cross it with other strains if you want.

Last edited:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Interesting point brought up is that until "one of us" possibly grows some of these strains we wouldn't know if they are similar to East Asians with a tendency to hermie. Who knows yet?

Also interesting is the description of them having a "skunky" smell. I would imagine there are all kinds of genes mixed in with these wild strains. We call them landrace, what else can we do. But pollen flies and has been probably in that area for hundreds of years. I imagine most of what they have their is a blend at least of the native sativas. It's all good for sure.