What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costa Rica weed culture?

Anyone from Costa Rica or has spent any time there, please chime in. What are the laws like there and is there good local smoke to be had? TIA

CostaRicaSensi said:
CR in tha house. whattya need to know?

Welcome CRS! What are the laws like down there and are they enforced? Is weed a big part of the culture there, as it is in say, Jamaica or Mexico? Are there any landrace sativas that grow there? Is weed easily obtained there? Whats the cost of living like? Can a guy live good on $1000-$1500 a month? Where would you recommend to live and be able to grow some personal with no hassle?

Thanks in advance! :rasta:

osirica420

costa is pretty relax wit the trees specially near the beaches on either coast..

I have gotten some of the worst weed in my life there and ripped off twice so watch out who u get it from...

They definitely have dank floating around just got to ask around enough...

One could easily live off 2kusd a month there like a king...

Watch where you go and hang out with me and my friends have almost both lost our lives there due to local people violent behaviors..

B

Bubble Puppy

Any weed any good there ,Is brought by travelling surfers.The local weed sux ..Been there ...done that ..talked to people...

Its also commonly believed its really really cheap to live there.Whilst this used to be true,its still relativly cheap ...but not as much as people think .Talked to alot of transplants .

You would be better off going a bit farther south ,to Panama or Nicuragua.As Costa Rica is "Discovered" .It used to be a nice little secret ,and great place to visit .Now theirs LOTS of americans .And just about everywhere i went on my last visit ,most spoke english..

Last edited:

varriform

Anybody have any more info on Costa Rica? I will be there for a few weeks and it would be horrible if I didn't get any smoke that whole time. I will be moving all around CR so any info is appeciated.
Thanks

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will find smoke. Or I should say it will find you. If you want indoor talk to the surfers for 5 hundred an ounce. Half the growers I know also run grows in Costa Rica.

swampthing

Nice, thanks Lean Green!

I think I'm gonna bring some Pine Queen X Pursang Haze #6 beans to gift some growers if I meet some. I'm gonna be on the Pacific side. Can't wait, I've never been down there.

Maybe I can get some old Panama bud or some Columbian beauties.

thanks again

-swampy

H

HaHaHashish

Pura Vida Swampthing!
Where did you go and how was the smoke you encountered back then? I visited west coast CR a couple of years ago and only smoked what my friends had which was ok indoor bud. I asked about local sativas but no one had any or could get it but said it was not that good. I'm sure there's some fantastic sativas there, but I didn't come across any.

Latest posts

Latest posts