What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeders who sell pollen ?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean pollen is legal for Canadians?
But is it legal for every grower in USA to order cannabis pollen
..cause i think i have read years ago that it was illegal at least in some parts of USA, similar problems as with cannabis seeds, but i'm not from USA, so i don't really know how it is and can't remember for sure.

I still suggest every US customer checks if it's legal in their state or whatever, before ordering pollen.

:)

You do realize that this is exactly how rumors and bad information gets passed around as knowledge... Right?

GoatCheese

Veteran
You do realize that this is exactly how rumors and bad information gets passed around as knowledge... Right?
Yea, you seemingly didn't understand that i didn't claim it to be fact, that should be quite clear if you read my comment again, and i suggested to check how it is. Learn how to read. You're acting like a child again MJ ...again.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I don't see the uncertainty that comes with purchasing pollen as being anything close to the uncertainty that comes from buying seeds.

Not if your buying your seeds from reputable breeders.

Properly bred seeds should be tested before being sold. no?

Tested for both intersexed traits as well as to make sure the progeny is of acceptable quality.

I'm having trouble understanding how this is similar to buying pollen, since each cross is unique. Unique enough to require its own testing. Testing that can only be done AFTER the purchase has been made. Not to mention plants fertilized, seeds grown and harvested. Then finally grown out to test!

I can see how a good breeder that has worked with a particular male for a while, after making multiple crosses with a variety of females, growing the progeny out and observing the results, could over time, have a decent idea of what could be expected from a cross.

Even then I personally believe they would need to be tested to make sure.

But without even knowing what female is to be fertilized that "decent idea" turns into a "shot in the dark" real quick.

And that's with a "good breeder". That's worked with a particular male ect. ect.

Buying pollen would be like flying blind to me.

Unless the goal is to just make seeds. Even then..... grow a male as any male will do. Like someone else said, at least you could be certain where it came from.

Sometimes there's just no easy way to do something right.

With that said..... to each there own!

Edit: not sure it makes a difference if the pollen is from a male or a reversed female.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You mean pollen is legal for Canadians?
..cause i think i have read years ago that it was illegal at least in some parts of USA, similar problems as with cannabis seeds, but i'm not from USA, so i don't really know how it is and can't remember for sure.

I still suggest every US customer checks if it's legal in their state or whatever, before ordering pollen.

:)

Agreed. But I can label it Tulip Pollen if you like. lol

I don't know about the states. In Canada it's been legal for years. You can buy Bee pollen in health food stores.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, didn't think this thread would blow up like this..
Figured I'd get a couple replies & this thread would be off to collect dust for the ages. :laughing:

All you guys have gave me a lot to think about & digest!

Especially when it comes to breeding which self admittedly i have little knowledge of besides how to pollen chuck (at least i admit it!)

Besides that there is a fine chemistry & science to be learned if you want to create something truly exceptional!

Nothing is so easy as it seems! :dunno:

(BTW can someone point me to the right direction when it comes to the fine art of breeding? Important things i should know, where i should start, your own stories if you're a breeder yourself?
Always looking for new friends, been a long time member but mostly lurked even going back to the end of OG days - Inbox me or send me a friend request!)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Seriously, guys, I do not want to be negative, but most of the sb does not even share the photos of the parents, let alone the pollen ....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Seriously, guys, I do not want to be negative, but most of the sb does not even share the photos of the parents, let alone the pollen ....

Hum... I never thought of taking pictures of the daddies. Kinda dumb of me. I have some but it was only happenstance. It certainly wasn't planned.

therevverend

Veteran

I doubt US authorities have experience dealing with suspicious pollen. Cannabis seeds can be identified easily pollen not so much.

I know male flowers have THC but I don't know if pollen has it. If there's any amount of cannbinoids in cannabis pollen it's illegal. If there isn't any they'd have to go to a lot of trouble to test it. It might mean weeks of waiting for DNA tests or finding an expert to look at the pollen under a microscope. Then charge you according to the amount of weight which would be tiny.

I'd think cannabis pollen would easily be the safest form to transport especially if it doesn't contain cannibinoids or anything else linking it to the cannabis plant.

S

Sertaiz

mushroom spores take some careful collecting and processing. however there is a good amount of people in the community who will send an envelope with aluminum foil wrapped sporeprints out for 50 cents to help out the mushrooms goal of spreading over the globe and changing us.
has something to do with being legal for microscope research and something to do with the effects it has on people. makes people feel part of something greater, and then want to help the mission.