What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

white fluffy mold all around one bud cola looks like white shampoo foam

doams

today I have discovered white fluffy mold around one of the biggest top colas Ive cutted the affected cola there is no sign of mold anywhere else.

1.could it be just regular white mold that you see on food?

I am thinking of harvesting the plant its nearly done.

the affected bud was the biggest cola top on that plant and it was in the spot where is no air movement the problem is there is another plant and some tops were near the affected bud that other plant need few more weeks.

2. Is it safe to harvest the affected plant when there is nothing moldy visible?

3. Should I spray everything with diluted bleach like few drops of bleach into 1 litre of water?

My biggest concern is the grow room has little to no air circulation and that cant be fixed everytin is just packed inside 3 plants and they are touching each other..

That moldy top Ive removed looked like white shampoo foam all around the bud no other color just white.

the other plant is known to be mold resistant but its buds were close to the affected bud nothing visible on that other plant or anywhere else.

I will harvest the plant that had the moldy cola it will help with airflow so the other two plants will get more airflow.

4.what about the spores what to do to save the rest?
5. if no mold is visible its ok to smoke it right?

sorry for the wall of text..

MedResearcher

Veteran
Removing the mold is a good call.

Some people do dip the harvested flowers in a solution to kill any fungal spores. H2o2, or lemon juice, very very dilluted. Dip into the solution, then dip into fresh water.

I am sure you have smoked mold spores before. Gross, and should be avoided if possible.

You need to fix the environment when you can. Not only mold but without a good environment as soon as a pest enters your room it will go nuts.

Exhaust fan, circulation fan, is the most basic. Anything is better than nothing, even a computer fan would help. Get the environment right and try again, fresh start, after this cycle.

Mr^^

therevverend

Veteran
No bleach use rubbing alcohol to kill mold. You should never have mold indoors if you do something is fucked up. Harvest the plant, remove the moldy part, hang and dry like usual.

Your room is way too humid without enough air circulation. Remove the humidity and your mold problem will disappear.
I've never seen mold that looks like white soapy froth and I've seen a lot of mold. A picture would be useful to identify the mold type. If it's powdery mildew you have a big problem on your hands that will take a much bigger fix.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
My friend Wally told me he sprays the plants with a mixture of 30% water and 70% hydrogen peroxide. He had some shitty weather in CT and he said this saved his buds from mold and mildew.

doams

today Ive inspected everything and there is no mold anywhere..
gonna let the harvested buds swim in a bucket filled with water and neem oil + dishwashing soap mix them move em into another bucket with clean water

will dry em with hairdryer a bit then they will be ready for a slow dry..

btw that removed cola was in a jar and after few days it looks more or less the same as it was I wanna believe

it was just some regular everyday food mold and separate incident due to no air movement/hot spot filled with big wet cola too bad it was the biggest cola Ive had plans with it :(

btw had similar mold at the base of the stem last round Ive used full strenth bleach /no diluted/ foliar @it and it was gone it burned the stem a bit but it recovered..

looks like I better put one more fan in there.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If it's a mold problem, H202 12-35% sprayed directly on the plant, then rinsed a few minutes later, will remove outer mold and destroy non-germinated spores for a short while.

MrBungle

I was going to suggest it was a bug of some sort.. have not heard about the spit bug to date.. so I am all ears about this pest!