What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autopot Smartpot Rockwool/hydroton 60/40

Hey Guys,

Im going to try out an autopot system for my next grow. I love how close to the ground it is and that its automotive.

EVERYONE I see uses coco/perlite. I read that rockwool will work very well with the system however, have never seen anyone running that.

Is there a reason people are using coco over rockwool? Im pretty set on rockwool/hydroton though can have my mind changed.

What do you guys think?

frostqueen

Hey Guys,

Im going to try out an autopot system for my next grow. I love how close to the ground it is and that its automotive.

EVERYONE I see uses coco/perlite. I read that rockwool will work very well with the system however, have never seen anyone running that.

Is there a reason people are using coco over rockwool? Im pretty set on rockwool/hydroton though can have my mind changed.

What do you guys think?

I think there's not nearly enough people discussing this stuff. There are tumbleweeds blowing through this hydro forum.

How did this go for you? I'm thinking of going with Hugo blocks sitting in the pot on top of either hydroton or rockwool croutons, 9 units in a 4x4 tray under 1k...