What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Haze x Malawi REG

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I figured I would post in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Start two seeds a couple weeks ago, only one of them took...

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000720.jpg
    P1000720.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 26

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there,

Another female for the mother room :)

Seeing the difference with the one above, would this one be Haze leaning?

attachment.php

Attachments

• GreenHazexMalawi#001.jpg
    GreenHazexMalawi#001.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 19

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Sorry for the crappy picture above, battery of camera just died after taking the picture and transferring it to my NAS...

Hopefully better ones here :)

With the cut going to be the mother:

attachment.php

Leaf/Structure details:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GreenHazexMalawi#004.jpg
    GreenHazexMalawi#004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
  • GreenHazexMalawi#003.jpg
    GreenHazexMalawi#003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 25
  • GreenHazexMalawi#002.jpg
    GreenHazexMalawi#002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 22

BenoitV1984

Veteran
The one of the left outside now, doesn't seem so happy. I hope those leaves go up sometime soon...

attachment.php

Attachments

• GHxM_outdoor_2019_01.jpg
    GHxM_outdoor_2019_01.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 38

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Glad to see you are trying the green version of our Oldtimer's Haze x Malawi F1, and that the remaining seed is a female. :yes:
Have you been keeping clones of her since late 2018 ? Wish you manage to flower her until the end since you deserve it for your perseverance.

She looks more Haze dominant now outdoors.
Maybe the temps are still too cold for her liking, try to feed her gently in the correct ph and she will start to grow like crazy once the temps and light intensity increase over 20ºC.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hi Dubi

The one on post #43 and the ones from post #44 are from 2 different seeds. The first one turned up to be a male. As for the female, I have been keeping a mother and the one outside is the plant from seed.

Haze leaning phenotype, oh yeah, Ima love that shit :)

As for the pH, I never tested for it indoor nor outdoor.

I use biotabs indoor and you don't want to use ph +/- products with that as the soil is literally alive. Bacteria and mycorrhiza mineralise the organic input just fine for my plants to eat.

Outdoor, I sow green manures between farming seasons and seeing how dark the soil is, I think there are plenty of organic materials to mineralize from.

Cheers,
Ben

BenoitV1984

Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GHxM_outdoor_2019_02.jpg
    GHxM_outdoor_2019_02.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 20
  • GHxM_outdoor_2019_03.jpg
    GHxM_outdoor_2019_03.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 21
  • GHxM_outdoor_2019_04.jpg
    GHxM_outdoor_2019_04.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 24

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Nice bush! Glad you manage to keep the Green Haze x Malawi for this outdoor season.
She still has left more than 2 months of growth before start the flowering in September, so hopefully she will get really big to produce a bountiful harvest in autumn.

Have a great summer time! :)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there,

I transplanted those in 5 gal smartpot Yesterday.

Should I let veg them to fill the net or would it be best advised to switch to 11/13 and let the stretch does that? Reading the Purple Haze x Malawi topic, looks like it is massive with that one :).

I still have 50cm height available, accounting for the clearance from the lamp.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010265.jpg
    P1010265.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 29

YukonKronic

Hello there,

I transplanted those in 5 gal smartpot Yesterday.

Should I let veg them to fill the net or would it be best advised to switch to 11/13 and let the stretch does that? Reading the Purple Haze x Malawi topic, looks like it is massive with that one :).

I still have 50cm height available, accounting for the clearance from the lamp.

View Image

Definitely flip soon. Those are gonna be monsters once they get feet under them halfway through stretch.. that’s my two cents having done a scrog with Thai dom GT and Zam as well as growing other sativa in a limited height environment.

Maybe hit em with a root stimulator and give them 4-5 days or a week if they’re slow to settle then flip? I would trim suckers from lower portions as well. If it’s not close to canopy already it will end up forever shaded anyway.. Hush is really great at small space scrogging and Tangwena is the man for Malawi so I recommend you poke those guys... DeepwaterDude would know just what to do as well.

YukonKronic

*Gasp!* I but spake his name.... The Dude cometh. He was Heralded by a Kronic from the North and upon whispers of his name The Dude did appear...

Hahahaha.... hey Dee. Sup? Love your c5Kc... I have two I’m hoping to flip soon as I get my Reno sorted..

deepwaterdude

*Gasp!* I but spake his name.... The Dude cometh. He was Heralded by a Kronic from the North and upon whispers of his name The Dude did appear...

Hahahaha.... hey Dee. Sup? Love your c5Kc... I have two I’m hoping to flip soon as I get my Reno sorted..

Hey, I hadn't even noticed you shouted me out;) The dude appeareth despite himself;)

In Coco I expect 500% stretch on anything with the OT haze as parent. Only got it with panHaze this last run in soil:biggrin:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Thanks for the advices guys.

Regarding root stimulation, they got Mycrotrex from Biotabs. It is mix of 9 different species of mycorrhiza spores, seaweed meal and humic acid.

My first idea was to let those little branches fill the gap in the net, top them, clean below the canopy (already did that a bit) and then flip. I guess that would need 2 weeks top under that 600W. They have been growing since mid September under 100W led before that. That would be close to two months of grow, too much? I'm not sure I understand the meaning of "uppity" in this context...

Btw, regarding Dubi's post #51, I put an old mother plant along with the other trip infested ones outside around mid September after starting with fresh pyrethrum submerged cuts and a new propagation tent (the fabric and zip of the old one were damaged beyond repair), those little fuckers are finally gone for good. So, coming back to that mother plant, still hasn't gone further than little shy preflowers and wouldn't have worked here anyway but can't say I'm surprised :tongue:

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Uppity: akin to a 12 year old with too much sugar... happy, perky, bubbling with enthusiasm and fuckn aggravating to control!
Lol

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Haha ok, thanks for the colourful explanation :biggrin:

Well, they are not quite out of control just yet, but that won't last long :)

Latest posts

Latest posts