What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

Crazy Chester

Here are some current pics of my 3 c99f2's from Joey. They all look very similar, but one of the girls and 1 of the boys has an abundance of immature glands on the fan leaves. Hope thats a sign!
If you look closely you can see little double serrations on the fan leaves. Was that a characteristic of the original?
I'll be throwing them into flower in about 1 week.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71984&pictureid=2001051View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71984&pictureid=2001050View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71984&pictureid=2001052View Image

I see the double serrations and that is a trait common in the original BG C99. These pics show a plant that looks like my original old grapefruit pheno.

G

C99f2's at day 50. Mild tropical sweetness and greasy resin. Gland heads are a mix of clear and cloudy. Yield is light due to nighttime root temps...
I've got 3 girls to sample, but honestly they are all really similar. The male's pollen took and probably got some f3's to play with.

G

C99f2 Joey Weed

C99f2 Joey Weed

Here are a few pics of the buds of the 3 seed girls taken at day 56. They have been curing for 14+ days and needed to be tried out. I have several more pictures of this grow in my Joey Weed album.

All 3 seed moms were very similar in all regards with growing and smoking.
Now that they are in the midst of the cure the smells coming from the jar and the effect are all similar.

The smell on these is a light sweet tropical smell with a bit of pepper when you put your nose in the jar. You can then smell the rotten undertones when you grind up the bud.

The smoke is all in the head and shoulders with its sativa effect. The initial sativa punch is noticeable but seems to be less than the POW from BG and JW C99/crosses I've tried in the past. The high is not very long lasting and I'm re-visiting Cindy about an hour to 1.5 hours since the previous toke.

I managed to get 2 of the 3 seed moms to re-veg and will run the clones at least 1 more time each. I've got seeds made from the fellows from the same seed pack, if I need to play further.
Sorry I'm limited to only 5 pics, but like I said there is lots more in the album.

IntotheGreen

Buds look nice, Outcold. Are you counting drying time in that 14-day cure, like 2 weeks from chop or two weeks since they've been dry? If you're only getting an hour and a half buzz I'd say they need to cure up a bit more. One of the most consistent features of every batch of Joey Weed Cindy I've run over the years has been a 4+ hr ride from fully-cured buds, accompanied by a super-clean taper off with no crash. I'm curious if yours won't start to lengthen out after a little more curing.

G

@IntotheGreen
Funny you should ask.
They dried for about 6 days, then onto the cure.
I pulled the 3 seed girls out around day 14 and gave them a sample.
What I've noticed as I revisit each, is that the nose is developing further and that # 3 is a level stronger than her sisters.
So I was thinking a longer cure would definitely benefit these girls. As well as running their cuts.
So we are on the same page for sure. Fortunately # 3 is the furthest along in the re-veg and will be taking cuts in a few days.
Thanks for your insight for sure!

Crazy Chester

Here are a few pics of the buds of the 3 seed girls taken at day 56. They have been curing for 14+ days and needed to be tried out. I have several more pictures of this grow in my Joey Weed album.

All 3 seed moms were very similar in all regards with growing and smoking.
Now that they are in the midst of the cure the smells coming from the jar and the effect are all similar.

The smell on these is a light sweet tropical smell with a bit of pepper when you put your nose in the jar. You can then smell the rotten undertones when you grind up the bud.

The smoke is all in the head and shoulders with its sativa effect. The initial sativa punch is noticeable but seems to be less than the POW from BG and JW C99/crosses I've tried in the past. The high is not very long lasting and I'm re-visiting Cindy about an hour to 1.5 hours since the previous toke.

I managed to get 2 of the 3 seed moms to re-veg and will run the clones at least 1 more time each. I've got seeds made from the fellows from the same seed pack, if I need to play further.
Sorry I'm limited to only 5 pics, but like I said there is lots more in the album.
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

They're looking very nice at harvest, Outcold!

The buds in pics 2 and 4 look very much like my old original BG C99 grapefruit clone did - makes me miss her...

Sparkus_Maximus

I am tempted to give Joey’s C99 a go but the whole stick money in an envelope & post it to Canada thing is just a pain in the arse & asking for trouble.
I’ve only dealt with 2 seed banks in Canada to date & both were awful.
I know FDM is back on the scene now & claiming to have C99 F4’s. Obviously him/them being new back on the scene their C99 is an unknown quantity but at least it doesn’t involve sending cash in an envelope & hoping one of the staff doesn’t decide to pocket it on th

LostTribe

Premium user
Peaks came out with more vigor and much sweeter terp profile here and there. Extra original frosting too.

Metal
full