What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

baduy

waow stinkhorn I didn't see your post. That's a double.
I remember how customers kept telling me they wanted some of "the black one"
Which was early skunk when dried. Beautiful black nugs with flashy orange pistils.
I will never again buy from sensi

Stinkhorn123

Baduy she was a beauty wasn't she? We mostly found the super vigorous sweet smelling magenta stigma pheno's but there were some straight up road kill skunks lurking in there to. To this day she was the best outdoor guerilla plant I've worked with

MrBungle

I purchased a 10 pack of sensi-skunk not too long ago and popped 5 seeds direct sow (my usual successful method) only 2 germinated to become plants... kinda bummed there, but the 2 that were successful grew pretty decently in veg... transplanted into a 5 gal smart pot at 18 inches gave em 3-4 days more of veg then threw em into flower... one was shorter an kinda bushy while the other was tall and lanky... I'm thinking the tall one was a boy... nope... shorty was a boy and tall drink was a girl... now I got the girl in about 4.5 weeks.... she is over 5 ft tall had to bend her neck to keep her in the light.... and worst of all it looks like she will be covered in popcorn buds...

I've got a few new strains in the fold so sadly this one is already on the chopping block... I have 5 more seeds in a fancy green box that I wonder if its even worth the effort:chin::chin:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you make decisions based on growing one seed, you have no business commenting on the line.

There is to much of that on these boards. Grow one seed and then bash a company. Grow up.

baduy

My partner from the time still has some of those SS pre 2000 genetics in his fridge. The problem is he kept using them each year using accidental seeds so now they have quite a high rate of hermies. Was thinking about giving them a go but I don't have the facilities for a pheno hunt+sexual stabilisation.

MrBungle

If you make decisions based on growing one seed, you have no business commenting on the line.

There is to much of that on these boards. Grow one seed and then bash a company. Grow up.

I'm pretty sure anyone who grows any seed has the right to share their opinion... fuck off politely

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
No they don't. Growing one seed does not give you the right to say a strain line sucks. Sure you can say it but it shouldn't be said in a thread about rumors. Say it in your own thread including pics of the plant, grow details, and environmental details.

That's how threads like this get started. People growing one seed one time and commenting all over the place a seed line and said company are no good.

You are entitled to your opinion for sure but be mature enough to know that bashing Sensi because you grew one seed is childish.

To properly gauge a line, one must grow some form of population and select the best then run those again for evaluation. Even then I would run one more time to properly dial the strain in and see what is has to offer.

I do however appreciate the kindness of the fuck off in your post. Not enough people these days are very polite when they tell someone to fuck off. I appreciate that.

Vibes

MrBungle

If you read my post.... it started with 5 seeds poor germination left me with 2... and sexing left me with 1..... so if germination and sexing a plant is not part of the process... please enlighten me... besides... I'd like to know how many folks are firing off their entire 10 packs every time they grow.... the average home grower is only popping a few at a time.... lets get realistic bub

LostTribe

Premium user
The male was a hashplant x nl1 iirc.

Thats right from what I recall now....

Lester I dont see that anyone is bashing sensi in here buddy if these turn out even close to the originals I intend to grab some full standard packs.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am not trying to start a fight here. Just maintaining these rumors get started by growers who only grow a seed or two.

I apologize to MrBungle, my post wasn't totally aimed at you and I should have been more clear. It is hard to convey something in written words vs. over a beer in person.

Anyway sorry if I came off that way.

Best vibes to all.

MrBungle

Yea man, I gotta remember to start posting after I get my cup of coffee... I can be a grump in the morning.. I apologize as well

LostTribe

Premium user
Yea man, I gotta remember to start posting after I get my cup of coffee... I can be a grump in the morning.. I apologize as well

You 2 are alright in my book! Good to see that folks around here can still look past differences and be civil to each other. That is how it should be! I too have been guilty of going over the line but normally go back and edit my mistakes especially when I have over indulged in some crazy weed....you know!

NL's still about the same 1 node the ity bitty one is sort of catching up. Ity bitty's twin looks india straight out of the dirt. The other seed has slender leaves. I know they just started and things change once they get moving along just wanted to keep ya'll in the know!

Best Vibes,
LT

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Nice. Really nice to see the civility. Both sides have a point. So we agree to disagree.

On a personal note, just my opinion, direct sow hides actual germination percentages. I want to see the shoot before I say it wasn’t there. Especially in smaller seed pops.

Interested in the results, LT.

Grew Afghani #1, HashPlant, Black Domina, and Silver Pearl from Sensi in the early 2000s. Miss Silver Pearl. No complaints with the others. None at all. So I'm curious at to today's status..

picture.php

(Am I weird for having kept the packaging? ... never mind :biggrin:)

bluntmassa

Nice. Really nice to see the civility. Both sides have a point. So we agree to disagree.

On a personal note, just my opinion, direct sow hides actual germination percentages. I want to see the shoot before I say it wasn’t there. Especially in smaller seed pops.

Interested in the results, LT.

Grew Afghani #1, HashPlant, Black Domina, and Silver Pearl from Sensi in the early 2000s. Miss Silver Pearl. No complaints with the others. None at all. So I'm curious at to today's status..

View Image

(Am I weird for having kept the packaging? ... never mind :biggrin:)

I keep all the nice packaging I get myself but the ones with a label over a little baggie go in the trash. It will be great showing our grandchildren how we used to buy seeds in the prohibition days especially some of the nicer packaging we get. I think of it like baseball cards kind of only I hate watching baseball.

MrBungle

The sensi-skunk I got came in a nice display box and inside the box was a card almost like a glossy baseball card with a nice description and pic, and a lil plastic bubble in the middle containing the seeds.. really nice packaging.. the best I've seen yet... I'd also like to report some of the branches on my flowering sensi skunk is starting to fill in... and the smell... the smell wooohoo

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yes I'm guilty of keeping my packaging as well. Although I went to look at my Sensi packages and seem to have misplaced them.

I got to thinking about California Indica. That was a helluva plant! The orange smell and flavor was pretty intense. Great yielder and dense buds.

MLI will be next when I get around to it.

How was that hashplant bro?

geneva_sativa

I wonder if I still have the pages of text Poppy and crew used to send from HS up in Ca.

I remember Apollo letting loose arrows, long distance, really fitting excerpt choice to wrap beans in.