What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afropips - Senegal Haze

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very nice brother.... the structure is very similar to the pheno I grew outdoors, but the foxtails seem to get much crazier indoors. :biggrin:

Sen-Hz-2.jpg

Sen-Hz-2.jpg

I love the look of your stretchy pheno. The dried buds remind me a lot to this buds of Congo X OT Haze with the crazy foxtail:

picture.php

Peace.

RasTarzan

Veteran
Hola bro, nice colors on this one!
For the foxtails, this is according to the selection, the Senegal haze "f1" was a real mess, each plant was different.
I have grown a good amount of seeds from this peppery pheno (in my previous post), looking for a plant that looks like the mother. All the plants resembling him are hermas, all the males are hermas. Nevertheless, there are some stable females that are excellent. Bradipo told me that there are no hermas in the seeds of another female, so i have a good hope of finding good males.:dance013:

The Congo x OThaze look delightful:yummy:

bradipo

Hi Ras, hi Musta,

yep, some hermies on the pepper side (5 on 6, guess I was quite unlucky), I'll post soon some pics of one hermi and the only one true female of this session (I cloned "her", a keeper I bet), but no time right now for that; sorry (what a teasing! ^o^)

Friendly regards.
Keep it green.

B.

funkyhorse

I had a pack of Senegal Haze Afropips original and a F2 pack from USC which I believe are the ones posted in the thread
From the original pack I tried half on fresh EWC and the other half on paper towel. On EWC following Solar Logos method: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8922583&highlight=Coconut#post8922583 and unvaluable help from him 4 seeds showed roots but only one succeeded to make it, it took 40 days for the seed to come out of the mutation stage and start growing normally. Seed was made during 2008 or before
The F2 SH pack I germed in paper towel. 9 of them showed roots but none of them made it past the cotyledon stage

The original seeds were different from the F2. A lot of variability in the seeds of the original Senegal Haze pack so open pollination method for this strain was used. The F2 seeds were all same size, showing selection.
Btw, I have/had 2 more packs of Afropips originals and both of them are clearly selections and not open pollination.
They are Mabombe(none germed, not even one root) and Tribal Vision(10 out of 10 sprouted in less than 3 days, supervigorous seedlings, absolutely unexpected, this pack was the last of Afropips packs I tried and I didnt have much hope for this seeing results from the other packs). I cant believe the difference in germination from one pack to another sharing same father plant

So I got only one plant from the original Senegal Haze pack and today it was put into a 10 liter pot for sexing
There was a theory posted talking about the survival of the strongest, being survivors the most powerful plants. I dont know if this is truth or not, but I really hope it is and it doesnt hermie

picture.php

Today when I compare strains to the hazes, everything seems indica to me
OHz90's just put to sex together with Senegal haze

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts