What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Note: I started under the assumption these were purple pheno of Malawi only, I have edited my posts to try and reduce confusion.

Here are a few Violetas (Purple Malawi x Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush) vegging away, very uniform development so far.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Terpene :)

Is the Purple Malawi crossed to Purple PCK (Violeta fem) or Purple Malawi x killer Malawi fem?

Terpene

Veteran
Hi Terpene :)

Is the Purple Malawi crossed to Purple PCK (Violeta fem) or Purple Malawi x killer Malawi fem?

:laughing: I dunno, its your cross! The package says "Purple Malawi Fem" so I am assuming its the selection from your Malawis which happens to purple (like the pretty ones Tolkin Bowls ran). If I'm wrong, let me know, they are strong little plants - that much is for sure.

Terpene

Veteran
isn´t the purple malawii ...P.Haze x killa Malawii? ....

they are indeed beautiful little plants, looks vigorous !

No the Purple Haze x Malawi is different than the purple phenotype selection of the Malawi line. One is entirely Malawi, but a unique color expression, the other is a pure purple haze cross.

From Dubi - The purple malawi is a very recessive pheno so is not stabilized but you can fix easily the color traits by crossing the recessive purple malawi with another strain that is dominant for the purple color. Purple malawi is quite different to the taller lime green malawi phenos, it has a more rotten meat kind of aroma and it's quite faster to flower, as some members commented previously it would produce a nice hybrid crossing purple malawi with a good purple indica. Should be very colorful, resinous and fast hybrid, good for both indoor and outdoor growing.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The purple malawi was easier to find in the fem version in our earlier malawi releases, we have found a very desirable purple malawi mum for breeding, not so powerful like the killer malawi mum but more pleasant, tasty and early flowering, still enough powerful
biggrin.gif
it has been backcrossed again to the killer malawi mum in feminized format to try to stabilize the most colorful, resinous and powerful expressions. I'd recommend you to wait for the new malawi fem releases, hopefully will be available at the end of this year.
[/FONT]

Purple Malawi:
picture.php

Purple Haze x Malawi:
picture.php

I remember folowing a thread of someone who grew the malawii and found the purple feno.... looks awsome! the bud doesn´t eaven look like its a pure sativa, tooks quite compact!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Terpene,

It was time ago when i sent you the seeds so honestly i cannot remember the details, but looking at the seedlings in your first post i'm quite sure is Violeta (Purple Malawi x Purple PCK), a strain we are about to release now in spring.

The Purple Malawi mum (rare colorful pheno from the pure malawi population) was indeed crossed again to the killer malawi mum in feminized reproduction. Now we are reproducing the purple malawi with 3 malawi males (grandsons of the killer malawi) so hopefully we can release purple malawi sooner or later.

Terpene

Veteran
Hey Dubi, you're right, they are Violetas! :)

Here's my Violetas (Purple Malawi x Purple PCK) vegging away. I have 2 more sativa phenos and 2 more indica phenos. After you mentioned the cross to PCK, I checked the stem smells. The stems really give it away, ranging from PCK on the nose to earth to wood/oily.

picture.php

wingdings

Veteran
Love the structure of theses. I saw them for sale and now I gotta have it! Thanks for the updates Terpene.

greenpinky

Some beautiful veg plants.... lol donno if I'm high or what , but that 2nd post of urs terpene made me laugh my ass off..ill pull up the couch to this show!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Terpene :)

A very archetypical Violeta pheno you have there, flowers look great at only 4 weeks of flowering.

Hope you kept some clones for future grows and breeding, looks promising!

Terpene

Veteran
Beautiful Terpene :)

A very archetypical Violeta pheno you have there, flowers look great at only 4 weeks of flowering.

Hope you kept some clones for future grows and breeding, looks promising!

I didn't take any clones on this one, been running a few plants per pot, so I've been entirely from seed to keep the plant count low. I am really hoping that older Napalm pollen takes. Looks good so far..

On a totally unrelated side note, here's another CBG/ACE based cross I just finished - (P-91 x Princess Diesel) x Destroyer. I selected from the P91 x Princess Diesel for P-91 looking/smelling and then pollinated with Destroyer. If you're wondering why you've never heard of P-91, its because its an extinct hybrid from many years back in southern California.
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
A 4 of my Violeta fems are doing very nicely in the 10gal pot together under the LED.

picture.php

There are 4 distinct phenos here:

1. indica looking untopped *very purple* pck leaning (rear middle)
  2. stretchy purple malawi-ish leaning (left rear and center)
  3. green pck leaning (going off screen on left side)
  4. stretchy green malawi leaning (right side)
Here's a shot of the green PCK-ish one
picture.php

And two more shots of the pretty purple pck pheno..
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts