What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP

gottt it

blah blah blah .. i use 1000 mil bloom and 500 micro on a 60 gallon resi and a reverse osmosis GH GH GH GH GH GH GH GH GH GH .. never tried any additives .. maybe i will this time never know .....seem to do fine with just the reg GH 3 parts .. and when im in veg i use 25 gallon res .. 500 mill grow 125 micro and 50 bloom

I'm planning on starting a single bucket DWC and I'm going to use just Floranova bloom if I can help it. I'm interested in an easy first time hydro experiment, not in high yields. Is the Lucas formula for Fnova (8mL per g during flowering?) considered a heavy feeding? I just want them to stay healthy and produce quality flushed bud.

MPL

This thread is good, but rather difficult to disseminate. Anyone got a breakdown?

How much of what to use/when/how? Just use what/how much of what and when?

It's almost like this thread was broken off at the halfway point of another thread, and the whole first part explaining how it got to the first post of this thread is gone. What the hell is the thesis anyway? What is the conclusion?

Thanks.

Last edited:
MPL said:
This thread is good, but rather difficult to disseminate. Anyone got a breakdown?

How much of what to use/when/how? Just use what/how much of what and when?

It's almost like this thread was broken off at the halfway point of another thread, and the whole first part explaining how it got to the first post of this thread is gone. What the hell is the thesis anyway? What is the conclusion?

Thanks.

This thread is the explanation for why and how to use the Lucas formula. Read the first post, written by Lucas. The thesis is the importance of nutrient balance rather than strength of solution, I'd say. I guess the conclusion is that it works.

MPL

I did read the first post. I guess he is assuming you know what the Lucas formula is, how it works etc.

SensimillaWolf said:
This thread is the explanation for why and how to use the Lucas formula. Read the first post, written by Lucas. The thesis is the importance of nutrient balance rather than strength of solution, I'd say. I guess the conclusion is that it works.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
11908Feeding.GIF

That's what Rez uses, he's got a good thread in his forums called "The Recipe"

I'm using that schedule, and it's extremely simple and I've got my healthiest looking plants ever. :wave:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
maybe someone can help me out...

we are using canna nutes in our waterfarms..
we are 3 weeks into flowering, and just changed the nutes last nite... we are using well water , so the ppm's are very/very low..

when we made up our last batch of nutes, we used 50 teaspoons of flora A and 50 of B. (35 gallons of water) , and this gave us a ppm reading of about 500. when we are monitoring the ppm's , they went up in a couple of days, to about 600, so we added some water to bring em down.

now we changed the nutes , but instead of 50 teaspoons of each, we reduced it to 40, so toi bring the ppm down to around 400...

are we calc the nutes correctly??? i sometimes see guys saying that their ppm in the middle of flowering is 1200... seems like thats awlful high...

thanks

asher1er

Veteran
zachrockbadenof said:
maybe someone can help me out...

we are using canna nutes in our waterfarms..
we are 3 weeks into flowering, and just changed the nutes last nite... we are using well water , so the ppm's are very/very low..

when we made up our last batch of nutes, we used 50 teaspoons of flora A and 50 of B. (35 gallons of water) , and this gave us a ppm reading of about 500. when we are monitoring the ppm's , they went up in a couple of days, to about 600, so we added some water to bring em down.

now we changed the nutes , but instead of 50 teaspoons of each, we reduced it to 40, so toi bring the ppm down to around 400...

are we calc the nutes correctly??? i sometimes see guys saying that their ppm in the middle of flowering is 1200... seems like thats awlful high...

thanks

your well water ppm is very low? whats your ppm come in at? Im on well water aswell and switched over to RO because my water comes in around 380-400ppm. Are you using your water before or after the water system and softeners?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
asher1er said:
your well water ppm is very low? whats your ppm come in at? Im on well water aswell and switched over to RO because my water comes in around 380-400ppm. Are you using your water before or after the water system and softeners?

asher1er.. our well water i guess is hard, we use no softner..

we use a nutrawand to check ppm's.. plain well water does not register on the wand.. if we use 30 teaspoons of nutes, it registers around 220, 50 teaspoons about 420..

we always let the water sit for 2-3 days before mixing the nutes... the plants look excellent, but really confused about nute levels..

if we go by the canna site, we would be using approx 120 teaspoons.. that seems like an aweful lot of nutes..

thanks

asher1er

Veteran
zachrockbadenof said:
asher1er.. our well water i guess is hard, we use no softner..

we use a nutrawand to check ppm's.. plain well water does not register on the wand.. if we use 30 teaspoons of nutes, it registers around 220, 50 teaspoons about 420..

we always let the water sit for 2-3 days before mixing the nutes... the plants look excellent, but really confused about nute levels..

if we go by the canna site, we would be using approx 120 teaspoons.. that seems like an aweful lot of nutes..

thanks

Hard water would have a higher PPM i suppose no?

do you use your well water after it goes through the system? or you use it at the point it comes out where it has that well water smell?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
asher1er said:
Hard water would have a higher PPM i suppose no?

do you use your well water after it goes through the system? or you use it at the point it comes out where it has that well water smell?

we use the well water as it come out of the tap... no smell... as to the ppm, we fill our rubbermaid container with 35 gallons of water, and take a reading with the nutrawand, and it does not register any reading at all... which i guess means the ppm's are low... am i missing something??... i am a noobie at this stuff..

asher1er

Veteran
zachrockbadenof said:
we use the well water as it come out of the tap... no smell... as to the ppm, we fill our rubbermaid container with 35 gallons of water, and take a reading with the nutrawand, and it does not register any reading at all... which i guess means the ppm's are low... am i missing something??... i am a noobie at this stuff..

then you def use softeners, HARD water will read on the wand, the harder the water the higher the ppm is.. Do you have any issues adjusting your PH using that water?(tons of ph down?)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
asher1er said:
then you def use softeners, HARD water will read on the wand, the harder the water the higher the ppm is.. Do you have any issues adjusting your PH using that water?(tons of ph down?)

maybe there is sometime in the line between the well and the house that i am not aware of...

the water out of the tap after sitting for 24-38 hours has a ph of 6.0/6.1.. when we add nutes, the ph go down to 5.8/5.9..

we add no ph down.. other then the nutes, we add a bit of epsom salts, and we just started to use a bit a cannazyn for the roots..

4 weeks before harvest we add some pk 13/14...

thats it... what u think?? :joint: :joint:

asher1er

Veteran
zachrockbadenof said:
maybe there is sometime in the line between the well and the house that i am not aware of...

the water out of the tap after sitting for 24-38 hours has a ph of 6.0/6.1.. when we add nutes, the ph go down to 5.8/5.9..

we add no ph down.. other then the nutes, we add a bit of epsom salts, and we just started to use a bit a cannazyn for the roots..

4 weeks before harvest we add some pk 13/14...

thats it... what u think?? :joint: :joint:

yeah def some filters n such before the tap if not your water will smell. You have a softener and it's working properly always the water varies with the dept of your well. My system has some serious buffers in it and wont let my water come down below 7 no matter what i put in it :bashhead:

your water seems to be good, Canna is a good line this is my first time using it and it's working real good :joint: as far as using there calculators, if you notice canna has like 3 different sites and i have heard of different people getting different results from them. Just mix your nutes to the ppm you want to feed your ladies IF..

PPM goes UP and PH goes DOWN = They require LESS nutes
PPM goes Down and PH goes UP = They require MORE nutes
PPM stable PH goes UP = Good thing

all tho with canna i have had my PPM and PH run stable for weeks at a time :joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I got a question, and I hope 1 of the math guys in here could help me out. My Molasses breaks down to 290mg potassium, 80mg Mag, 80Mg Cal, and 1.5 mg iron per tbsp. How much is this in relation to what is in ferts? Ex: How much P/Mag/Cal is in PBP bloom or PBP soil bloom (2tbsp/gal)? How do I do the conversions?

Last edited: