What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashishh' Peak Seeds BC run - NS, KS, SS, SSxC99 Input Welcome!

Hashishh

Well hey everyone, back at it again with proven genetics after my last feminized seeds turned out to be male.

I'd appreciate any input from anyone regardless of experience as I'm fairly new at it myself. All tips and comments absolutely welcome!

Specs are:

-2x4x5 grow tent
-600w dimmable MH/HPS
-Promix HP
-General Organics nutrient line
-6" exhaust, 4" intake from A/C

For seeds we have Peak Seeds BC Northern Berry and Kush Skunk. Currently I have 4 of each germinating. Seeds I have available for this grow are Sweet Skunk and Sweet Skunk x C99. I plan on popping 2 of each of those as well once the NB and KS are in veg to try and control height a bit as my grow space is limited in height.

I'm hoping for 4-6 females and if things play out just right, I may do a small pollen chuck to get my feet wet with making my own seeds.

I'd add a picture but I do believe my phone has kicked the bucket. I'll have a new one tomorrow hopefully (with an even better camera too! :dance013:).

Anyways, tomorrows's the big day - I'll have to chop the plants, stuff 'em in bags and dispose of them. Then the tent will have to be cleaned with ISO and the new plants will be treated with soap and water starting early veg all until early flowering.

One thing I learned from the last grow is to deter pests from the very start, instead of trying to clear out an infestation.

G

Peak Seeds are very hearty and all around quality!
I've run their Northern Skunk, Skunk Berry, Northern Berry, Northern Lights, Skunk and C99. All were as described.
The Northern Skunk is up there with the most potent I've ever tried. Bit of a pheno search and a tall girl too.
The C99 is quality, the Northern Lights is as expected.
The Skunk took forever but was one of the most beautiful plants I've ever had the pleasure of growing.
The Skunk Berry is everyones favorite and can go 10+weeks with great yields.
When I start up again in 2019 the Skunk Berry will be some of the first beans I pop. I love the way it is pure blue when growing.
There is a talented grower that posted his grows of Peak about 5-10 years back that documents some BEAUTIFUL plants!!!!
You will have fun with Peaks gear for sure!

Hashishh

Thanks Outcold! Way to get me even more excited about this. So far got 4/8 sprouting and they were germed on Aug 31.

I'm debating on whether I should germ 2 sweet skunk or 2 Burmese by Jordan of the Islands.

Got my new phone yesterday as well. I ended up with the Samsung s9 and wow this camera is phenomenal. Can't wait to put it to use!

Hashishh

picture.php

Got 6/8. I'm sure I killed the two Kush Skunks by leaving them on a cold windowsill. Oh well, lesson learned. Will just germ 6 sativas instead of 4 to make up for those 2.

Hoping to get them under the light later this week or next. Did a light clean on the tent with 70% iso and I'll do a more thorough cleaning a day or two before they go in. Then it'll be the soapy water treatment till flower once they're big enough to handle it.

Hashishh

A few seedlings got stretchy so I filled up the rest of their pots with soil. I like to fill them halfway and top it up after they've stretched a bit.

Gonna get them under the 250w MH sometime next week. Just waiting for the first leaves.

picture.php

Gonna do a pollen chuck this grow to get my feet wet. Pretty stoked with this one!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm growing Peaks Nl right now. That plant is tough as nails. Thanks for doing this thread, there needs to be more grow reports on Peaks gear. Subbed :lurk:

Hashishh

I'm growing Peaks Nl right now. That plant is tough as nails. Thanks for doing this thread, there needs to be more grow reports on Peaks gear. Subbed :lurk:

One thing I've got to say about his Northernberry is these seedlings are hardy. All 4 popped on a cold windowsill and the stalks on them looked abnormally big when they first peeked up out of the soil.

No problem dude! I'm far from a pro, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. I've got nothing bad to say about Peak. Long story short, there was a little mix up on my order and the second one he sent out to correct the first. I ended up with a few free packs, and I don't last minute seed stock, so it wasn't a big deal. Customer service is some of the best I've experienced.

You have a grow log as well? I'll have to dig it up!

:watchplant:

JustSumTomatoes

I agree, their customer service is amazing. Ordered once and half the seeds were damaged upon arrival and the order was reshipped without question. The second order I placed I used their stealth shipping method and customs must of snagged it. I emailed them back after a month and the order was reshipped and some extra seeds were thrown in for the inconvenience. Haven't heard of anyone who can beat that. Prices are unbeatable too.

I actually haven't started a grow log but have a couple 9 foot females I've been meaning to take pics of. I'll let you know when I do.

Hashishh

Yup you really can't beat the customer service or the price.
So you're south of the border then? Cool to see people in other countries running some Canadian stuff.

Nice! When you get a chance, feel free to post them here. Itll be another month or so till this grow gets exciting! Lol. Will also show peaks true potential. I've got height restrictions so I'm not running these to their greatest potential unfortunately.

Edit: Also, have you ever grown out any of his sativas? He suggests flowering his SS shortly after germinating to keep height around 3ft. I'd like to keep them a little shorter (2 - 2.5'). How does his SS take to LST and topping/FIM?
Obviously I'll have to just try it out but if anyone's grown out his SS or SS crosses a little info would be nice!

Last edited:

Robbie vapez

Just got some of Mike's beans in the mail. I lost one in the mail so I am ordering more. Mike is a stand up bloke. I had a killer Northberry and NL cut from Mike's gear a few years ago, made seeds. I would LST and train those Sweet skunks, heard a few reports they get big

JustSumTomatoes

Never have tried out any of his gear other than his NL. Supposedly he loves Sativas and his sweet skunk is all he smokes. I've been very interested in his Texada crosses.

Hashishh

Thanks guys. I'll for sure be LSTing and topping the SS.

Was planning on tossing the seedlings in the tent as they're getting pretty stretchy but I just got a notice for a fire alarm inspection - which is odd as we just had one last month. Oh well, the nice thing with my set up is it's only half an hour to break down and half an hour to set back up.

picture.php

As you can see pretty stretchy. I'll just bury the stems down some when it comes time to transplant in a couple weeks.

Hashishh

Well, had to leave for work for a few days. Left them in the care of the old lady... she shut the lights off because apparently the temps were too high and left them in the dark (instead of turning the AC down that feeds air directly into the tent). So they went 18 hours with lights on, 6 hours of dark, half an hour of light, then about 16 hours of dark.

Needless to say, they've stretched a bit and arent looking too good. I'll have to pamper them for a few days and hope they recover. If not at least I'm not so far along that it's a huge loss.

Hashishh

Well since the weathers getting a little cooler, I decided to take down the AC unit and I grabbed a window fan from Amazon. Got it all put in and swapped my 4" intake back to a 6" since this fan doesn't push near as much air as the AC.

Temps at lights off were 19c, flipped the lights on a couple minutes ago and I'll go back in an hour or so and see what it's looking like.

Obviously it'll change with the outside temps, and we're sitting a little cool today, but there's only about a month left till winter.

I also took my seedlings and put them under a weak CFL to get them going again. They seem to be perking up a bit.

Last edited:

Hashishh

Got the temps dialed in. 25c lights on and 20c lights off. Couldn't get much better than that and the weathers supposed to be pretty consistent all week.

Can't wait for winter so I don't need to worry about this.

Going to start the sativas this coming Friday or Saturday. Depends when I get home from work. These trips aren't coming at the best of times. Oh well, roll with the punches.

Smoking on some Tuna Kush and Strawberry Cough today I got from a mail order site. Not bad but a little harsh, and not very motivating, lol!
But hey Sunday is the day of rest after all, right?:bongsmi:

Stay medicated everyone!

JustSumTomatoes

Here is one of my Peaks NL at 7 weeks into flower. It's hard to tell from the pic, but it's around 9-10 feet tall.

Attachments

• 100_0546.jpg
    100_0546.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 21

Hashishh

JustSumTomatoes can't wait to see the finished product!

Robbie, that's wicked, seems there's quite a few people running Peaks seeds, can't wait to hear how yours goes, I just threw another 2 SS and 2 SSxC99 into some soil this morning. Seedlings are still recovering. Had an issue with my timer when I left town this week so they're a bit confused. Ah well, just need to get things dialed back in.

Can't wait for winter so I can just intake from the room where the temps are constant!