What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Mr. Nice Shit the "Roadkill"Skunk we are looking for?

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
I have always thought the "Shit" was a Skunk X Afghani hybrid but it appears to be a Skunk X Skunk(Afghani dominant)....It's Afi dominence gives the plants a funk odor instead of the "sweet" odor we have all run up against...
Here is some info that IMBoggled had stored in his warehouse of information :yoinks:

"Strain info...from MNS
Hi all

To clear up things for all of you who are interested in the genetics and origins of these strains here are the facts.

Mr Nice Seedbank Shit : skunk x skunk (the origins of skunk coming out of afghani dominant indicas.That is why I refer to it in the Mr Nice Seedbank Catalogue as..'an absolute classic and original skunk/afghani...')

Mr Nice Seedbank Devil ; Afghan x (AfghanxSkunk)

Mr Nice Seedbank Critical Mass ; (Afghan(heavy yielder) x Skunk) x Skunk

Mr Nice Seedbank Early Queen ; (Early Pearl x Early girl) x Skunk

Mr Nice Seedbank Super Silver Haze ; (Nl5 x Haze) x (Skunk x Haze) ...

hope that clears a few things up.
I am sorry that I am not around alot lately but doing alot of travelling.
All the best Shantibaba"

I have 9 females and 8 males of this strain that are around 2'..
The leaves are narroewer than expected and actually look like Skunk#1 leaves..The odor from the vegging plants is dank!!Certainly not the sweet odor I have run into growing numerous Skunk#1's...

From what is stated above it looks like Shanti chose indica dominant plants to breed with instead of the usual sweeter sativa/indica that the majority of the Skunks turn out as....

I personally think these are the plants so many of us have been searching for...The odor is right on with these vegging plants.....

They are going to be topped today and I will let them go another week or 2 before flowering to allow the branches to form well....

Comments on this subject are appreciated............................CC

I like sweet smelling flowers, but I absolutely love that roadkill smell. I have found that type of herb only a few times, always comercially. Verry interested in this!

G

ive always wondered the same thing. :chin: i think i may get a pack of two to see if i can find one. i have heard mixed reports on the roadkill factor though...

hopefully you'll find the grail! :yummy:

Guest423

Veteran
that would be nice, but from the reports i've heard from people that has flowered it out said it wasn't "roadkill'......maybe the right pheno could produce something special though.

budrunners

I hope you make a bunch of beans from the most stinkiest males and females and keep your best female for some backcrossing.

Are they all about the same in smell or is there a couple of them that really stand out ?

Capt. Crip

Veteran
A few really stand out on the stem rub...

Will see whats up in a few weeks........

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may be right CC, i have smoked Shit grown by Dr.D and now you mention it the smell could well be what everyone is looking for when they say RKS, i myself have no RKS smell to compare it to but can confirm it is a rotten, pungent and quite aggressive in its smell.....very complex but no sweetness in there, Dr.D will be able to add a lot more to this discussion as i know he grew out a few seeds with a standout plant being chosen.....he has purchased more to put down due to the impressiveness of those already grown.
Good luck.
Peace

G

I was wondering the same thing a while ago and most people said it was candy or fruity. A few people said it was skunky, more fruity though. Good luck and keep us updated if you get a few stinky ones.

G

maybe, I sure hope so. Keep us updated Capt. I hope you find her.

guerilla

L

longshot

Nice looking plants Capt. Crip.

I'm going to follow this with interest. I'm from the UK so would'nt know what a 'roadkill skunk' smells like, thankfully! Or do they actually smell nice?
Anyway, I was hoping Shit was what I'm looking for; a proper early nineties super skunk. I had one that used to really stink the place out. I had a little 70W lowbay grow in a wardrobe and you could smell the plants when you came in the front door, which was 4 floors down!:D Pungent rotting fruit is about the best description I can come up with for the smell. The taste was full and robust and the high was a strong one.
Damn I miss that plant!

I''l be watching, good luck
longshot

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
ive never smelled a roadkill skunk much less smoked one. but i have been around so called skunks that dont smell so skunky. im watching

bird

ya kno everytime im ridein down the road and actually smell a roadkilld skunk. i think bout the weed i used to get when i 1st startd smoken. havent had any like it since. was bomb shit too. and i also think bout how somethin like that smells good to me hahahahahaha. o well maybe this is th rks. lets hope some one can find it again looks are promising on these u got mr crip. take care man

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey Capt. Cant wait to see your Shit plants in flower.
Im sure Shanti told me they are skunk x (skunk x afghani).
Not what id really class as an indica but more 50/50 quite an even buzz...il find some pics...

earlier in flower..

Mine were quite citrusyfruity with a hint of peppery spice not at all rank smelling...Mine also looked alot more indica in leaf shape..

The top pics are one plant...these lower pics are four plants of different phenotypes...Peace

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Yea Dr. D
I always thought the same thing as you...
The critical Mass is Afgani/Skunk X Skunk

He posted that Shit was Skunk X Skunk using afi indica dom plants to breed...
And that this is why he "calls" it a true and classic Skunk X Ghani...

Hell,I'm not sure of anything at this point but I do agree that your leaf trait is def wider than mine???

Thank you for stopping in my friend and posting up your pics to look at....Much appreciated....

Take care my friend...............................CC

A big thank you to all that have posted your thoughts on the subject.....................

Bird, I think the same thing everytime I drive in the country and smell that odour. I'll think to myself, damm that smells good??? Is it the herb or a dead ass skunk...lol. My first experiences with home grown were outdoor "Southern Indiana Skunk" which could smell up your car from having it in your pocket or your house having it in tupperware. My first experience with Sk#1(which was very good) was confusion, because it smelled sooooo sweet.

G

go Capt go, im hopein and prayin you score a stanky skunky ass plant.........cause im your buddy:D

CBF