What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUGAR (secret ingridiant???)

bigjayworks

I read in a book that if you add sugar in the last few waterings of ur harvest that it increases size of the bud... is this true or not.. and if so what sugar do i use and how much do i use?? is any sugar ok?

I don't know about adding sugar for just the last few waterings(not enough time to make any difference), but I did use Sweet through the entire grow with excellent results.....

bigjayworks

Dammm i read the canabible it said near the end of flower.. so i guess there is no use in adding sugar at all than??.. good thing i asked on ic p.s. im 4 weeks till harvest

Last edited:

bigjayworks

my hindu have 8 weeks of flowering.. im entering my 5th week of flowring.. so i guess i have one more 1 week of nuting than plain water (maybe with sugar)..

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
big jay ...... nice to see ya :joint:

hope you get this one solved ....never heard of using sugar in the last waterings though

Peace

kush07

Sugar can be used in the stead of molassis, though molassis is better because it provides micronutrients and has a healthy supply of potassium. Sugar is a good stress reliever and does, to a degree, increase overall bud weight. This is mentioned on page 290 of Jorge Cervantes's Grow Bible. If you can though, I highly suggest you get some Blackstrap Molassis and us that in the place of sugar. Also, if you have to get sugar, try to get raw and unprocessed sugar. This can occasionaly be found at a Farmers Market or a place of its equivalance.

Happy Toking :bandit:

J

JackTheGrower

From my studies sugar doesn't feel plants it stimulates microbes.

Have a read of the Using Honey thread and all the threads on using Sugars..

I do use Honey and Blackstrap but not too often and always in conjunction with laying a layer of new materials down to feed the soil.

Think of it as Frosting on the MicroHeard's flakes

Now if Jorge Cervantes wants to explain how so many in the know say sugars don't feed plants are wrong I'm willing to listen.

bigjayworks

sup delta long time no see.. im in flower finaly.. much smaller scale grow thow..

raw and unprocessed sugar,? is there a special name for it .. i want to buy it in a supermarket.. i dont really want to go out of my way but if it does ad a bit of wait i am down.. there is now way it will stun the grow no matter what honey or sugar i use right???

filimagno

usually i don't read cannabis book...due to this fake mith are making about it!!

if u open a book of "real agriculture"(is not necessary physiology) u can find that:

- sugar not add weight bud...probably is a consequence of is work on bacteria and benefit fungi feeding!!
- sugar is a part of the liquid who flow into the root surface and goes in to the phloem inside the plants ,and is solved with minerals and other nutrients....so probably this effect may add a boost on the bud building.

but to tell that "SUGAR ADD WEIGHT ON BUDS" is a total bull shit.

sugars and carbohidrates have a good and main rule in the soil microlife...they food the microorganism...BUT u have to put in the soil in his yeasted form,cause pure they stole oxygen from the soil and act few speed.

so..even the fungus gnats or mosquitos are a following problem of adding this compounds in his pure form.

filimagno

i forgot one thing....if u add sugars or carbohidrates u don't waste the carbon on the soil and the N converted by bacteria is too speedy due to the C\N high ratio .

I use mollasses, along with organic fish-ferts, and have had no problems.
I'd stay-away from using straight sugar, or as I've seen before, giving Your plants a Coca-Cola.....not too good of an idea.
Mollasses, $9.05 per gal....can't go wrong.

Martha S.

you could do like i do and use Sucanat. it's unrefined brown sugar that's found in health food stores. it costs about a dollar a lb. it can be used from the first day of flowering to the last. use it one cycle and you'll use it for ever. it brings out the flavor better than anything i've ever tried. one tablespoon to a gallon of warm water let it cool then just water.honey and molasses iv'e used before with great results , but sucanat is the best. try it on a few plants and tell me you don't taste a diferrence.

kush07

I agree, its not the sugar that adds the weight. If thats what it sounded like I was advocating then I am here to rectify that. All the sugar does is increase the amount of carbs being fed to the plant and help the microbes in the soil, which in turn help the roots, which help the plant. The increased carbs and virgorousness of the microbes and roots help to produce the added weight.

I will still say that you should try and find some Molassis. Sweet by Botinacare is also another option.

Happy Toking :bandit:

J

JackTheGrower

Martha Stewart said:
I use mollasses, along with organic fish-ferts, and have had no problems.
I'd stay-away from using straight sugar, or as I've seen before, giving Your plants a Coca-Cola.....not too good of an idea.
Mollasses, $9.05 per gal....can't go wrong.

Martha S.

I have good things to say about fish emulsion + Honey. I add Cowboy coffee , kelp and whatever strikes me as needed..

Now I am trying molasses...

Again I use the Honey or Molasses as a stimulent to the soil microbes. I truist that it helps the living system.

Gee Martha... Show us yer tits :) Nice handle whoever you are !

LOL

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
i think the ratio was a tsp to 1 gallon of water for the blackstrap molassis

J

JackTheGrower

Maybe it's related to the soil area you are feeding?

I never measure but I don't get crazy with it.

Honey or Molasses

Just some input

Latest posts

Latest posts