What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Chapo (Sour Diesel IBL (ECSD) x Headbanger) - The Plug Seedbank

madalasatori

Veteran
I got 18 seeds from attitude and soaked them in water overnight, the next day they had all began to split. One of them didn’t make it but 17 seedlings are now going strong

le_toy

I germinated 6 seeds, 2 never germinated.

1 plant remained very small with a very small strech and it took on purple color at the end of flowering.
The other 3 were similar. (strech x 2.5)

1 plant smells like cat piss.
none has a diesel touch !!!

The leaf to bud ratio is not good for me.
none were super frosty or tasty.

I would not do it again, and I do not plan to make a selection on this genetic

Genki88

El

El

i germinated 2 and 1 hermied on me........2 totally opposite phenos

album.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=84049
The photo above is the one that didn't hermie, chocolate and gassy taste. Lots of frost. Couch lock and chill high.

The hermie smelled like burnt rubber and sour milk lol, nice energetic sativa high.

madalasatori

Veteran
Got a few of these at week four and they’re looking great - lots of variation. The more headbanger leaning phenos smel of grapefruit but no strong smells Yet. The more indica plants don’t have as much resin or odour. Will update with pics at end of flower

People are talking about all kinds of smells from this one. Is there a lot of variation – do I need to pop a whole pack to find a good one? How's the cured bud?

madalasatori

Veteran
I would say 1/3 of the plants are of a similar phenotype, the other 2/3 are pretty random.

The more common phenos are very stretchy and look similar to pics I’ve seen of headbanger. I hope they don’t have the same long flower time.

There’s one that has the flower formation and the smell of the headbanger phenos but has a squat bushy stature, I’ve got her in mind as a keeper but you never know at this stage..

Week five now and the plants are beginning to go from grapefruit to diesel smells.

I had a eureka moment that might explain why some others have said their plants lacked smell. I root fed some magnesium salts a few days ago and within a couple of days later the odour of the buds increased dramatically. It could just be that they’ve reached that point in flower but I suspect they need a lot of mag/sulfur To bring out the smells so that’s worth considering to anyone looking to grow it.

So far - very pleased

Cloneman

Veteran
This was from June

I bought a pack in March from attitude 6 seeds £70 not cheap, with 3 Pyramid varieties. 5 weeks ago i soaked 3 of each, so thats 12 and only got 6 plants.

The 3 el chapo didn't crack so i helped them by biting them. Only one germed and took its time to come up all weird, very stunted. I was going to bin it but thought its not taking up much space so left it. After a few weeks it picked up and has caught up with the other topped plants. They all will be cloned in a couple of weeks for my crop at the end of august.

It seems to me that all of these seeds are old, with the pyramid i don't care so much as they were 7 seeds (2 extra) and cheap.

Here is a branch of one of the clones at 8 weeks, looks great

picture.php

madalasatori

Veteran
My el chapo are a week from harvest and look/smell great, there’s a couple of keeper phenos including one that is super stretchy and easy to clone

Kijell

Youre pics and info are great, I got myself 2 seeds and they were the fastest to pop open!
One actually with a record of mine, 6 hours after putting it in water it cracked open wow.
Both are doing good after first week veg :)

I was really looking for a good feminized version of sour diesel.
Many regular around but not that many fem. I have the feeling.
I dont have that much space to work with regular all the time.

Cloneman

Veteran
Here's some EC, love it

fetch

fetch

I'm going to try to make my own EC, with the parents the other way round > Headbanger x Sowahh, we will see....

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Figured I'd add to the thread with some results as of lately. Ordered the seeds around the end of 21/ beginning 22. Out of 18 seeds, 17 cracked open, 16 had 1" tails within 48hr from hitting the water, 1 barely had a tail. All went into Rockwood an under a light. 16 plants were the results. 1 was a runt an went outside. Left me with 15 all about the same height. After flip to 12/12, 1 more runt was discovered an culled, which leaves 14. Out of the 14 I'd say a solid 10 could all be potential keepers. But 3-4 are standing out as amazing. It's only mid way thru flower so anything is possible, the others may catch up. There does appear to be 1 that is lacking in yield an overall looks. But I'm going to let it finish.
IMG_20220617_094936888_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220722_181850601_HDR.jpg
day 32
IMG_20220724_194057883_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220724_191457691_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220724_215013126_HDR~2.jpg

cfl...KING

Veteran
Day 43

IMG_20220804_175436835~3.jpg

IMG_20220804_175136896~2.jpg
IMG_20220804_175050434~3.jpg
IMG_20220804_175028556~2.jpg

Week 6 the weight an size have been building up quick. Even the lower nugs are dense an filling in. For having my 1k turned down to 600w they hare impressing me for sure. Couple low yeilders but over all very solid. Can't wait to run the clones of the keepers back with the light on full blast an see what she can really do!

Ps: the light came on so I couldn't get good pics of the super frosty one in the post above!!!

cfl...KING

Veteran
Nice plant @c64 , yield looks much better than what I got on mine 🤙
@cfl...KING
If mine would have shown yielf like his, I would have kept a cutting too😀
Even the lowest braches 3-4ft from the bulb are putting on weight an falling over. This is from a outside corner plant. About as far away from the light as possible. An this is actually one of my possible keepers not one of my 5 definite keepers!
IMG_20220804_180658800~2.jpg

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
i have try El Chapo only as nug at 420 ic cup from owner of the Plug self