What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 foot Sour Diesel plants!!

NORCAL707

day 28 flowering. 18 plants under 2000 watts. Hydrofarm Raptor hoods, lumatek digital ballasts, co2.

i veg'd the plants until they were 24-27 inches tall...sum r over 5 feet tall now...including the nursery pot they r over 6 feet...

i veg'd using Roots Organic "greenfields"...its supposed to come with extra nitrogen which is bomb for veg...

for flowering i use Roots Organic formula 707 soil with Humboldt Nutrients organic line....but for fulvic i use ancient amber...

i feed once a week with only like 15% strength...i will up it during week 6-8 to like 25% recommended strength...i keep it real light with sour d...

during veg i dont even give them nutrients at all....i jus give them "Myco Madness" which has all the mychorrizae, trichoderma, etc.

heres sum pics and a youtube link for a lil video

and then i wait until 2 weeks in2 flowering until i give them nutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFvpZZh7ZUE

Attachments

• IMAG0541.jpg
    IMAG0541.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0535.jpg
    IMAG0535.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7

NORCAL707

yah its 2 bad i cant get like sum high quality shots....the crystal production is pretty damn insane for 4 weeks

during veg and the first 2 weeks of flowering they averaged more than an inch of growth everyday...almost 1.25 inches a day...

they stopped their "stretch" and the plant is fully concentrating on the buds and THC production....

ive grown sum super bomb shit b4...like Green Crack, Sno Cap, and others but this sour d for only being 28 days and needing 70 days, looks insanely bomb...this shit should be sum homerun A+ Organic bud...

genetics r nor cal clone....

reverse osmosis water....watered every other day....in 5 gallon pots... i feed, rest, water, rest, water, rest, feed...

any feedback and questions is welcomed...

any body else got sum sour d stories...?..

whodair

Veteran
lookin very nice norcal !! i grow sour and they go 75-85 but you shall see...also i use verti lighting, the tall stretch lends itself well to the side lighting..

all the best

NORCAL707

DAY 31

DAY 31

new pix..

Attachments

• IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 6

stankers

How much r u watering them. Volume wise. Every other day seems like a lot of water, but I guess 5 footers drink alot.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Nice post bro...Yea, that SD stretchy mofo...Flowered in 5 gallon home depot bucket get afoaf 6 zips dry every single time. 18 plants under 2000 watts....You sir are the man>>

OP

NORCAL707

How much r u watering them. Volume wise. Every other day seems like a lot of water, but I guess 5 footers drink alot.

3/4 OF A GALLON every other day....sum can take almost a full gallon..

these things r beasts...we r running CO2...so im sure that plays a role in the mass consumption..

it says the "formula 707" holds a lot of water....it seems pretty damn airy to me....which i don't mind...the more they eat up the better..

NORCAL707

Nice post bro...Yea, that SD stretchy mofo...Flowered in 5 gallon home depot bucket get afoaf 6 zips dry every single time. 18 plants under 2000 watts....You sir are the man>>

OP

u got 6 zips per plant???....if so, DAMN....maybe im low-balling myself but i was prayin for like 3 per...

but this is a 10-11 week plant...im at day 31 and these things r rockin...not only in volume but in THC production also...so we'll c

i thought my green crack plants were super frosty...but these r gonna compete....

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran

OP

I think if you are actually getting 3.5 pounds per light as you are claiming then it would be you who would be the man.

In soil..... 18 plants under 2000w getting 6oz a piece..... Thats 7 pounds. Ya got any pics cause that sounds like bull$hit to me.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I think if you are actually getting 3.5 pounds per light as you are claiming then it would be you who would be the man.

In soil..... 18 plants under 2000w getting 6oz a piece..... Thats 7 pounds. Ya got any pics cause that sounds like bull$hit to me.

Well more plants doesn't equal more bud...the most I would do is eight 5 gallon home depot buckets..Run em for 75, then pull...SD is an awesome yielder bro

afoaf gets right around 3#'s using that style with 2000 watts of light;)

You probably wanna re-read the post...It said that HE has 18 plants, not me

NORCAL707

3-4 off a 5 foot plant is do able...im hopin i get an average of 3 zips a plant...

which would be 3 lbs 6 ounces total...3 1/2 lbs would b awesome...but im shootin for 3..

David762

NORCAL707, what you are doing with your grow room is absolutely awesome ... even better, soil & organic -- feed the roots and the roots will feed the plants. (me like much :))

Five foot tall Sour Diesel, with 40 +/- days to go -- omg!

I like the way you think, using 5 gallon HD buckets & soil -- that's in my game plan as well. Okay, so I'm not quite as ambitious -- I'm going to use 3 x 400W HPS lights on a light-mover mechanism (lower energy consumption), and probably no CO2.

One thing though -- your ambient noise level (from the video) must be about 55 dB or so. You've got to be able to hear that from the street LOL. I hope you wear ear protection in your grow room ... as well as eye protection to keep your "ladies" from poking you in the eye.

Fan-fucking-tastic !! :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 zips per plant is doable with the SD ... i got 11 off 2 plants 5 plus feet tall in 5 gallon buckets of FFOF . and that was my first run of any plant in many years . its in my sig ... check it out .

pics .....
camperpics059.jpg

camperpics060.jpg

camperpics108.jpg

looking great dude ... keep up the great work & you'l appreciate what she gives ya in the end !!!
your gonna luv the diesle !!!!!