What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temperature Joints burn

Cannasylum

I was recently with a friend at the doctors and read a sign promoting vaporizers, It read that joints burn at over 2000 degrees! I am not sure if that is accurate..

What do you guys think?

FlaDankster

Veteran
I don't think you could smoke a joint if the cherry was 2000 degrees!Yo face would melt off..........damn thats good weed! Maybe you could do some welding wit a fattie!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Here are the numbers for a burning cigarette-- I'm sure a joint is close to this--
[SIZE=-1]We performed a series of experiments in order to determine the actual temperature of the lit cigarette. Here are the results for the temperature at different locations and under different conditions:

Temperature without drawing:
Side of the lit portion: 400 deg C (or 752 deg F)
Middle of the lit portion: 580 deg C (or 1112 deg F)

Temperature during drawing:
Middle of the lit portion: 700 deg C (or 1292 deg F)

The above numbers represent the average we obtained by performing several trials and can be considered accurate to within 50 deg C. A standard Fe-CuNi digital thermocouple thermometer was used in all trials.
[/SIZE]
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae1.cfm

C

CANNATOPIA

Interesting thought, but I defiantly don't think it gets that hot either lol. :)

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Interesting thought, but I defiantly don't think it gets that hot either lol. :)

Notice the big difference between the center and the side of the cherry--
By the time it moves away from the cherry and you inhale...it is 120-140F-- About the same as a sauna--:tiphat:

FlaDankster

Veteran
Here are the numbers for a burning cigarette-- I'm sure a joint is close to this--

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae1.cfm

Wow....i figured a cherry on a cig or joint would hit 250-300 max!!!

Interesting.And to think there is such a difference in temp from the middle to the edge,what is a cherry about the size of a eraser say?Amazing it has such a dramatic change in such a small object.

What burns hotter......chem nugs or organic nugs?That for some reason i'd like to know.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uhhhh, pyrex is in a workable state at around 2200 degrees F. Go stand in front of a glass torch, then stand in front of a lit cigarette and tell me which is hotter. I've burned my self with both numerous times, and i would take 1000 cig burns over one with a torch.

mosstrooper

Wow, 2000 degrees, even in Fahrenheit that is not far short of the melting point of steel.
Do you think if i blew on a joint i could use it instead of mig welder?:)

Latest posts

Latest posts