What's new

Light fluffy buds

calipotsnob2

Hey eveyone,
You regulars may have seen some of my grows under Ohgee/calipotsnob. I have a great set of nutes with all with GH. Growing in hugo rock wool and ebb and flow. For lights I have 2 600's over a 3x6 tray. I'm running as far as 77 days and still my buds are not as dense as they should be. I've dropped watering to 2 times a day for 6 minutes. For some reason the buds just don't dense up. Any thoughts???
Thanks,
Deej

Boosted

Air temps too high, water temps too high, ppms too much/not enough, genetics. All of these can be contributing factors.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
sounds like an ideal 1200w setup what strain? is it a strain u been runnin and just started fukin up or sumthin new? i think i remember ur og grows so i doubt u let ur water temps/enviroment and shit get out of controle. my boy was havin isues in his system with a strain he was growin for a min and it was due to lazyness as soon as he scrubbed everythingg rez clean his next run was his best yet. when was the last time ur system got a good cleaning?

calipotsnob2

Whole system gets bleached every week right before new nutes. I also flush the rockwool with fresh water. I'm thinking it could be the strains, but I have had some problems with different ones. I will never buy cuts from a club EVER again. Switched to some prime genetics and the new plants seem to be looking better but you never know until they are dry. Like raising kids, you don't know if you did it right until it's too late. :)
Thanks for the help

It could be a strain issue because I just dealt with this. Top colas were fairly dense but most of it was fairly airy, not overly, but not what we're looking for. However one plant, the only blueberry I had was dense all the way through. This plant was sitting right next a fan on the outside of my garden. I ended up attributing it to not enough air flow, and too high of RH which would climb up 70%. I think the high RH is great during the stretching phase of flowering because the plants love it, but not at all when the buds are forming, I was lucky that I didn't have any other complications.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Might be time to change out the bulbs, I know when mine starts to go the buds aren't as dense as they usually should be

hazydreams

are you supplimenting with calcium and magnesium? i had a hard time getting density until i used the calmag. they love 5ml/g plus.

calipotsnob2

I change bulbs every 5 months for now that will change when there is more $$ around. Things I have grown from clubs so who really knows what it is OG kush and blackberry have had monster buds that end up drying fluffy. I just switched to adding calmag and to quality verified cuts, hero og, rascal og, devil og, gdpsk and others. They seem to be looking better as the buds aren't monster but nice. Guess I'll find out when I dry it up. :)
btw how long do you flush for?? I give 7 days with fresh water ph'd
Thanks

Ember1

What bulbs do you usually run? Cheapies or more decent name brands like Ushio, Hortilux, Digilux etc.?
I am a firm believer in good quality name brand bulbs. Especially companies who give specs on the bulbs and the spectral analysis. You don't find that on the cheapies.

Are the tops dense at all, or still fluffy?