What's new

more time efficient way to make bubble hash

Sitting here running my bubble bags, waiting for my 25u bag to finish draining, seems like forever. i have it hanging by a nail in a door way. I came up with a simple idea, not sure how effective it will be but it definitely would be less time consuming. I have about 4 more bags to run through, and i really cant sit through 4 times running through the 25u or even 8 times with a double run through. I usually use two buckets, one for my work bag, the other for my filter bags. I was wondering if i incorporated a third bucket as a secondary work bucket, this way i could run through one batch, drain it, switch the bag to the other bucket, run through it a second time, empty out the bag, then repeat with a fresh bag and fresh ice, but same water. After doing this for 2 or 3 bags, preferably 4 to 6 runs through as i like to go through twice, it should be a hash loaded mixture on the bottom of the bucket. Then i would only run this through my bags once. Anyone else been doing this or thought this up? just wanted some input, but my impatience is about to make me experiment

Goba

You should be able to drain the 25bag in less then a minute, you just have to give it a hard shake to try and get the trichome heads off the screen. Bubbleman shows how to do this on a few videos, just search for it online. Hope this helps good luck.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
You should be able to drain the 25bag in less then a minute, you just have to give it a hard shake to try and get the trichome heads off the screen. Bubbleman shows how to do this on a few videos, just search for it online. Hope this helps good luck.

^^^^^^:dance013:

25 bag is garbage, don't use it. time saved is ridiculous. i run the 45 and 160 bags, with the machine. no bs, no standing there waiting.

yes shake it hard like bubbleman's videos.... I use all the bags u can see the difference in all of them... the 25 and 45 are darker.... 73 and 90 golden (the best I think) and the larger ones... 120, 160.... greenish.... more plant material I guess....

I do mine in a 10gal tub and then dip it out and pour it thru the 220 and 160 and 90 into a 5gal pail. then I let it sit for 60 minutes then pouring the top 3/4 (or until I see the settled hash gettin g close to coming out) off slowly into another 10g tub for thee rewash. the last part I pour into a 5gal pail. and repeat til I get the last out of the first 10gal, and do a second rinse of the plant material. until the pail is full, then letting it settle. then I pour it onto a 25 bag in a pail and slowly pull it up tieing it to hold it up. I let it settle like that 30inutes then scoop carefully off the clear water and then scoop the "sludge" into a coffee filter cupped by facecloths. when it is a pasate I scrap it onto a big mirror letting it dry that way.
But if you want real fast production I heard of an item to run after the washing machine. its a spinner lined with 25 material. it spins at 4000rpm and you let the washing machine pump into something to strain it thru the 160 and 120 (or whatever sizes you want ) then into the spinner. works like a damn or so it seemed on the video I had seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbPCM6OTsk&feature=player_embedded

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
spank the bottom of the bag when it's clogged. it shakes the trichs around a bit and gets the water flowin.

Being just too, too cheap to buy expensive hash extraction bags, I use regular filter bags and meshes. To drain a lower micron bag, I grasp it by the bottom upper corner and the top upper corner, and then seesaw the bag back and forth.

That washes off the trichomes clogging the pores of the bag and allows the water to flow through. A few zig zags and it is gone!

In the commercial filtration industry, the technique is known as cross flow and is the principle that reverse osmosis and micro filtration operate on.