What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

Wendull C.

Veteran
Listen to mean gene (sic?) From aficionado/freeborn genetics on Kevin jodrey meet the breeders podcast on youtube.

He shares some interesting thoughts about cookies and the origins.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive refered to it as Chaco cut since i recieved it years back as Chaco had a ecsd thread on here with lots of info especially about how to make it throw right and also that the cut had broadmites . Another reason why is because that was the real deal and there were so many fakes going around.
I think it is best to keep the tag because then we know which cut we have

Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another thing is the Chaco cut needs to be 100% dialled in and taken minimum 11 weeks to really show the goods or its mediocre

Ive grown it several times back in the day and it was crap , but when dialled in its up there with the best

Also there is the Original Diesel clone that alot of people confuse( many drama's) with the ECSD

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
All speculation again but I guess this fake DHK is problably Sour D IBL from 06', ECSD V3 drop was 2 years older and was a pretty limited release.Never had colors on it either, but I'll grow her with colder temps this winter. Would to try her side by side with AJ and Daywrecker.

no man, ecsdV3 was done sooner than "IBL", its step to IBL.. but I dont care.. I grew chaco and our dhk next to each other in hot temps and chaco got colourful. dhk strictly green.. and I grew it many times at autumn, and no colour even with cold temps.. very green :D chaco seems to me more chemdog dom, while our dhk is perfect blend of skunk and chemdog..

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
no man, ecsdV3 was done sooner than "IBL", its step to IBL.. but I dont care.. I grew chaco and our dhk next to each other in hot temps and chaco got colourful. dhk strictly green.. and I grew it many times at autumn, and no colour even with cold temps.. very green :D chaco seems to me more chemdog dom, while our dhk is perfect blend of skunk and chemdog..

This is some under rated info they say the more chem it is it wont change color there was a huge debate on another thread about pure ogs never having color

I find this interesting

Mightyka

Veteran
Colorful ECSD dhk
About 85 days in colder condition. Flushed hard.

picture.php

3rd-3yed

Veteran

That's what I wanted to mean bro, ECSD V3 was done in 2004 and SD IBL first drop was 2006.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Another thing is the Chaco cut needs to be 100% dialled in and taken minimum 11 weeks to really show the goods or its mediocre

Ive grown it several times back in the day and it was crap , but when dialled in its up there with the best

Also there is the Original Diesel clone that alot of people confuse( many drama's) with the ECSD

rofl, i keep thinking, ok now i got it, then it gets confusing again.

if the chaco is the real ecsd, then how is Original Diesel being confused with ecsd, when you say and i found it so, that chaco is hard as hell to grow, but it is the real ecsd, so how can it get confused with much easier to grow original diesel cut?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That's what I wanted to mean bro, ECSD V3 was done in 2004 and SD IBL first drop was 2006.

you are right, srry I misread it prolly. whatever it is, its damn good. more I talk about it, more I want it back :D but it seems to me that these cuts are very similar. differences are just slight, marginal. there is always drama about sour hehe

3rd-3yed

Veteran
@Maha: It's all good mate, sure they're very similar.

@Mightyka: Looks great, remind me Ghostnugz Daywrecker pics...

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
What the he'll is dhk ?

Many strains of cannabis and the people behind them always seem to have a bit of mythology to them, the story I tell here is no mythology, its the True story behind the most notorious internet based cannabis genetic trading KREW……The Devil’s Harvest Krew…….

A few of the original members of the DHK were Weedzilla, Outdoor Grower, Erawk, and myself (Moonshineman). There were many members later (you had to have 2 recommendations from existing members to join) but these 4 were the primary clone traders and who most people recogonize as the DHK. I’ll add there were many individual growers/collectors who never were official DHK members but contributed heavily to the onslaught of genetics that were traded during its prime. ORgn kid , MrDank Katsu , ThaDocta, Cronique, Swerve, OgRaskl, Romulator, just to name a few.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199198

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Who has the best ecsd in seed form atm? Hindsite being what it is , I wish I had a few packs of rezs ibl, thanks yall

beta

Veteran
Who has the best ecsd in seed form atm? Hindsite being what it is , I wish I had a few packs of rezs ibl, thanks yall

Sour Diesel is notorious for not breeding true. I've never seen a seed form of Sour Diesel that wasn't a watered down version of the original. Even the IBL wasn't great imo, I went through two packs and nothing was close to the clone.

A

AVOH

Sour Diesel is notorious for not breeding true. I've never seen a seed form of Sour Diesel that wasn't a watered down version of the original. Even the IBL wasn't great imo, I went through two packs and nothing was close to the clone.

I have to disagree with this statement
Ive run a bunch of dr green thumb ecsd from seed that is was extremely hard to kill off any pheno on the count of how fire they were. And im On the east coast where sour is taking with a high regard and those cuts all look like early 2k sour d
Also ive run the ecsd clone only and i even have the death star clone only so im not stranger her either

beta

Veteran
I have to disagree with this statement
Ive run a bunch of dr green thumb ecsd from seed that is was extremely hard to kill off any pheno on the count of how fire they were. And im On the east coast where sour is taking with a high regard and those cuts all look like early 2k sour d
Also ive run the ecsd clone only and i even have the death star clone only so im not stranger her either

Maybe things have changed since I tried last but I've never grown, seen, or smoked a Sour Diesel hybrid that was anywhere near as good as the original.

A

AVOH

Maybe things have changed since I tried last but I've never grown, seen, or smoked a Sour Diesel hybrid that was anywhere near as good as the original.

I hear u my brother just giving my honest opinion through experience there are a few people i hand those to that could say the same. I think dr green thumb ecsd is dead on or even better then the clone all the phenos were straight loud sour or gassy sour no lemon to them or og leaning phenos at all
And i ran 20 of them in total