What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How are you labelling pots

brown_thumb

I grow outside so I can't attest to fade resistance under artificial light. I was using white plastic stick-in-soil markers labeled with Sharpies. However, the ink sun-faded and had to be relabeled three times per grow. I switched to multi-colored stick-in-soil labels. Hopefully, those won't fade.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Clothespins can be clipped on a plant branch or the rim of the container.
Easy to follow the plant around, even during trim the clothespin is still on the plant.

"Chronic Haze" is written on the clothespin in the photo, other side has date on it.

Attachments

• Clone table, 400w CMH, 64w 2% UVB, 13w Far Red.jpg
    Clone table, 400w CMH, 64w 2% UVB, 13w Far Red.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 12

NEED 4 SEED

Thx for all the input! Many ideas here, most of them I've tried before.

Plant tags for sticking into soil will always catch dirt and get watered, must get cleaned, writing gets wiped. They also dont work while rooting clones.

Stickers on pots must be removed and probably renewed when repotting.

Clothespins not good for young plants, too heavy and can hurt young stems.

Accidentally, yesterday, when browsing Hortilab's Clonelab on Instagram, I have found a clean hanging solution for normal sized plants, some of you might find handy. They would work for clones too because they're so lightweight. I like them. They are called wrap around tags and look like this:

picture.php

https://www.dpind.com/productcart/pc/Wrap-Around-Tags-c9.htm

Wadda ya say?