What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turning activated THC back into THC-A

FieldsOil

I tried searching for a patent regarding this process and cant seem to find anything. I feel like understanding this process will allow a lot more options to a processor and could change the way they operate substantially.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried searching for a patent regarding this process and cant seem to find anything. I feel like understanding this process will allow a lot more options to a processor and could change the way they operate substantially.

No process that I'm aware of for reattaching a COOH group.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It's easy for some cannabinoids but there is no good known process for THC. The reagent is easy to make and use, but usually with THC at least 90% is left unreacted. References here.

Old Gold

Even if possible, when would it be cheaper/easier/faster to make decarboxylated crude over THCa crude?

I've never really heard of a crude oil producer intentionally decarboxylating before handing it over to the refinery/distiller. That would just lower their yield, which is a pretty simple "FUCK NO" from most producers.

I'm not sure if it's possible.

Kind of like unboiling an egg.
You can do that too.