What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can my appion handle this?

IQProspector

I want to extract at negative 30 to 40 degrees and use 3/8 hoses. Will my appion have enough horsepower to pull 10 pounds of butane through the system with a bottom flood?

Roji

Appions burn out their piston gaskets when you run them into vacuum for more than a minute or two.
Try using a hot tank of butane to pressurize your cold tank and push it through.

IQProspector

How would I go about doing That? I'm not sure what the plumbing would look like.

Just curious about a system that would use warm butane from the tank, injected into a jacketed column and frozen. The system would use this column on top, and you could open a valve and flood top down another column and dorectly into the collextion pot. Random thought I had

killa12345

This has been discussed a few times here. You need 2 solvent tanks....your cold one feeds your extractor(liquid port).....you have a warm solvent tank that has a 1lb or so of solvent connected to vapor port on your cold solvent tank pushing the solvent threw the extractor when you have a pressure equalization.

HG23

Appions burn out their piston gaskets when you run them into vacuum for more than a minute or two.
Try using a hot tank of butane to pressurize your cold tank and push it through.

Hey Roji! Good to see you posting man. I've been hoping some of the OG's are still hanging around here. The brain storming and collective problem solving that went down on this site just a handful of years ago was a great thing.

IQProspector,

Before you do anything, you should get rid of the Appion and buy a CPS TR21. It's a much better pump.

The collective ICMag brain trust figured this out years ago. If you had searched and read the threads on this site, you'd know that too.

Honestly, based on the questions you're asking, you should just read more before doing anything. Go through all the old Terpenator threads in a slow, meticulous manner and see how you feel after that.

IQProspector

I have a spare trs laying around I could use. I just didn't use it because I've heard of all the issues with it, popped valve disintegrating and people told me it requires turning off and on during your extraction which confused me and I just kinda stuck with the appion