What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine mmj patients sue over home inspections

iBogart

Veteran
Reduced plants counts, chemical markers to track plants, and home and business inspections by the state, our fight for our right is hardly over.

Maine MMJ patients, store sue state over inspections of patients’ homes, stores

The Associated Press
PORTLAND, Maine — The owners of a medical marijuana shop and two medical marijuana users are suing to stop Maine from implementing new medical marijuana regulations next month.

The lawsuit in U.S. District Court targets a new rule that allows the state to provide same-day inspections of medical marijuana providers and to inspect a user’s home with a day’s notice.The lawsuit contends such warrantless searches violated the Constitution.

The rules are due to go into effect on Feb. 1.

Republican Gov. Paul LePage and Maine Department of Health and Human Services Commissioner Ricker Hamilton are critical of the leeway granted to medical marijuana providers.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday by Justin Olsen and Nancy Shaw of New World Organics in Belfast and two patients, a cancer victim and an injured military veteran.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2018/01/19/maine-medical-marijuana-inspections-lawsuit/97144/

iBogart

Veteran
Chemical bio markers to track cannabis by law enforcement coming to Colorado?

<header> SB18-029

Development of Marijuana Tracking Technology

Concerning the development of marijuana tracking technology.

Session: 2018 Regular Session

Subjects: Crimes, Corrections, & Enforcement
Higher Education
Liquor, Tobacco, & Marijuana

The bill requires the institute of cannabis research at Colorado state university - Pueblo (institute) to develop marijuana tracking technology (technology). The technology must include an agent that is applied to a marijuana plant, marijuana product, industrial hemp, or industrial hemp product and then scanned by a device. The scan, at a minimum, would indicate whether the marijuana or hemp was cultivated, manufactured, or sold by a licensed marijuana business or registered hemp cultivator. The institute shall select a vendor to develop the technology. After the technology is developed, the state licensing authority must be satisfied that the technology provides an effective means of tracking marijuana. After the state licensing authority determines the technology is an effective means of tracking marijuana, it shall promulgate rules that require the technology to be used by licensed marijuana businesses, and the commissioner of the department of agriculture shall promulgate rules that require registered industrial hemp cultivators to use the technology. The technology that scans the marijuana must be made available to law enforcement and the department of revenue.
</header>
The bill clarifies that the gray and black market marijuana enforcement grant program could award grants to law enforcement agencies to purchase the marijuana scanning technology.

(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb18-029

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
WTF!.....Sheeesh, whatever will they come up with next to complicate the whole legalization process with added potential criminality?

....And this you can be sure of. Whatever 'tracking technology' for cannabis is developed, some bright spark will find a way to get around that system. The only good use for it would be if you lost your bag, and could somehow track it down before someone else toked it all up. Kinda like the way you could find your own phone (some people track their kids and pets too) via GPS just in case they get lost....

Maine is now lost in a sea of lobbyists, our cg store is also pushing a lawsuit. Ours is against the monopolies created by the state with dispensary awarding. There are only 8 licenses, it's been 8 years since they've been issued and the program grew by over 58,000 patients and 3000 caregivers since then. Maine's going Overgrow or Die as an ethos. Exciting times here

p0opstlnksal0t

In Maine you can still be a mmj card holder and be unregistered correct? I'm glad I haven't applied for any cg or mmj status yet

iBogart

Veteran
I know this will sound overly paranoid, but I get the sense that after they kill the black market, they're going after the plant using all sorts of ungodly technology.

Ok, imma put the pipe down for the rest of the night.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I recently read that medical patients in the states of Hawaii and Pennsylvania have to turn in their firearms or face charges. With all this Orwellian madness the black market is not going anywhere but up.

-Funk

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm wondering what garbage they'll spray on the plants to mark them. Or maybe fuck with the genes to mark it. Expect some frankenstein results folks.

When are you people going to elect scientists instead of religious freaks who only want to force feed you their morals, and business men who only want to suck on your tits?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The problem is the people vote for it to be legal... Then you have the elected folks in office who do not believe it should be legal so they do what ever they can do to choke everything the only way they can, by passing more law that make it more restrictive and make the cultivation process even more costly.

CaptainDankness

OVERGROW PROHIBITION. OVERGROW REGULATION.

dank.Frank

That's the only way possible but it's probably not going to happen they got information on all the big timers. The feds are not going to end the war on drugs until they loose the war from too much bloodshed. Al Capone, La Cosa Nostra and many others are the only reason we won the war against alcohol. We used to string G men up in trees now they murder us without any cause and get away with it.

We need to plant fields like FARC only problem is we don't have access to that kind of weaponry. Just semi auto rifles and very few know how to make bombs. It's a War not a game, it's our freedom being taken from us. People think we can peacefully protest, like Wounded Knee never happened. It's a War!!

But like opium big pharma will also control legal medical marijuana. While majority keep working just to scrape by.

CaptainDankness

I'm wondering what garbage they'll spray on the plants to mark them. Or maybe fuck with the genes to mark it. Expect some frankenstein results folks.

When are you people going to elect scientists instead of religious freaks who only want to force feed you their morals, and business men who only want to suck on your tits?

They already have DNA mapping which is nothing more than a DNA database. Scientists are part of the problem.

We need to elect true Patriots who actually believe in freedom. Of course that will never happen without a revolution. If I became president I'd be killed just like JFK.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a War!!

A war I fight by growing this plant and teaching others how to do the same. A war I fight by spreading great genetics and information.

You can keep your bombs and bullets. That is how they fight this war, yes. I am not them. I do not wish to be.

dank.Frank

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Legalization is a lie.. lets altogether rid cannabis of the criminal attachments and decriminalize so the people can say whats up about the plant rather than retarded politicians which nowdays only care about money and not the people

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A war I fight by growing this plant and teaching others how to do the same. A war I fight by spreading great genetics and information.

You can keep your bombs and bullets. That is how they fight this war, yes. I am not them. I do not wish to be.

dank.Frank

Well put. Guns and bombs are sooooo far removed from what MJ is and has always been about.

Peace, Love, and Dope.

CaptainDankness

dank.Frank
A war that they can shoot you down unarmed or put you in a cage for the rest of your life. They will kick in your door and kill your dogs on the spot in front of your children. You may think you can win a war peacefully, but as you can see it's not working, nor has it ever worked.

No war has ever been won without fighting.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Some people are afraid to die, but I'd rather die than live out my life in a cage run by tyrants. Of course not everyone sees what I see.

Gypsy had the same goal as you and there is a good chance he will end up in federal prison, may not even get out alive. He doesn't deserve that, he never hurt anyone, just helped deliver great genetics and information around the world to overgrow the government....

They have no problem building more prisons, they can hold us all. They just built a new federal prison not far from me, hasn't even been opened yet. The police are getting more and more power it's never going to end peacefully.

I know this will sound overly paranoid, but I get the sense that after they kill the black market, they're going after the plant using all sorts of ungodly technology.

Ok, imma put the pipe down for the rest of the night.

They are eradicating natural Cannabis. That has always been the end goal..

They already have a tracking system. Weed from dispensaries is very easy to identify (taste like plastic robot stds)