What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making seeds. Question.

Question: Will making seeds delay the maturity of the plant, will I be waiting longer than the maturity of the bud?
If you want the seeds to fully mature when the rest of the plant is at optimal ripeness then pollinate early in flowering. Seeds can take a long time to fully mature, especially if there is a lot of them.

Starving your plants to create "thinner shells" is a bad idea. The shells may well be thinner but the rest of the seed will be severely compromised by malnutrition. You seem fixated on the idea that you can create some wonder strain just by creating seeds which are larger and germinate faster. If so, starving the mother won't help.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
................."Not to mention oversized seeds you can just label hemp seed or sovenirs....for real."
where do ya get that? info pleeze.

angelgoob

It's "grammar" but thanks for your lesson of making fun of me and teaching me to be polite and encouraging growth and healthy in this community.

You must also say "your dumb," too, eh?

Didn't know this was a formal paper.

And yes I seem to think that, I never said WHICH nute I'd want lower. maybe P. I dunno. Thats why I am asking.

And everyone knows you sell seeds as sovenirs.

oldbootz

Veteran
Hi angelgoob thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I say each to their own and good luck with your experiments. Its always fun to try something that goes against the common knowledge.

angelgoob

yea im just trying to make the plant think it's rootzone ran out of nutes so it produces seeds faster.

I barely need them to be viable. I just want them to adapt to this overtime.

Wish people knew, understood, read or have payed attention to my method I am trying. So they can stop putting up info I already know - like I don't know that already. Then act like I don't listen. Not only did I know the info you posted, I read, understood and responded. Maybe if you knew I understood that, you'd be focusing on MY GOALS instead of the basics like I don't know elementary shit.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
At least your grammar cleared up. Nice to read complete thoughts. Remember, we cannot hear what's in your head. You really have to include those details in your posts. Helps us follow along. ;)

angelgoob

sorray. i have troubles because i have such special plants and ideas.

they needo be nurtured. it may be hard to understand. its hard to explain also.

troutman

Seed Whore
I like really nice dark tiger striped seeds so I let my seed mothers go long. :)

I'm harvesting seed mothers now and it's been 9 weeks yesterday since the pollen went flying.

I only harvest one plant at a time. I see no point cutting them all down at once.

May as well leave the others mature more seeds until I'm done the one plant I cut down.

Each day longer= more nice seeds. :tiphat:

BTW: Seed mothers like a human mother should get a balanced diet.

Don't starve your seed mothers! :spank:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
sorray. i have troubles because i have such special plants and ideas.

they needo be nurtured. it may be hard to understand. its hard to explain also.
Increase your CBD? Too much THC without enough CBD and you invite psychosis. Psychosis is where you firmly believe in something which is not true. Having ideas your plants or ideas are 'special' is great, when you have concrete evidence of factual confirmation.

When you simply 'believe' something, you should know it as a red flag to up your CBD or reduce your THC.

Ask intelligent peers. If the majority say you're off your rocker, you'd be wise to listen. The saying goes, "if you meet 3 assholes by noon you should look in the mirror."

stim

good luck with the seeds but do take your time with them they need it. Like mentioned before feed the seeds forget about the nugs they are hash material. caution when trying to produce early pre mature seeds they wont be viable good luck with your experiment I look forward to seeing if it works.

Arnold.

Seeds need more P than flowers.

Silica and metal balance are important too.

But don't over do the silica otherwise your seeds will be rock hard and need to get a peroxide or sandpaper treatment.

PDX Dopesmoker

Increase your CBD? Too much THC without enough CBD and you invite psychosis. Psychosis is where you firmly believe in something which is not true. Having ideas your plants or ideas are 'special' is great, when you have concrete evidence of factual confirmation.

When you simply 'believe' something, you should know it as a red flag to up your CBD or reduce your THC.

Ask intelligent peers. If the majority say you're off your rocker, you'd be wise to listen. The saying goes, "if you meet 3 assholes by noon you should look in the mirror."

I don't know, maybe his idea is that by threatening the plant with a swift starvation death it will hurry up and complete its reproductive activity quicker or something. Of course I can't read his mind, but I did want to add that if you want mature seeds as quickly as possible then don't seed the whole plant. The other thing I wanted to mention is that I rarely go out before noon so I guess I'm in the clear. Anyway I hope he gets himself some nice seeds, starving the mother may impact their genetic content, apparently starvation affects human genetics measurably.

angelgoob

actually that's delusion, but ok. i've experienced psychosis. i know what to stay away from now.

and PDX thanks. stim. arnold Thanks.

Yea just making the plant....think.

And Doug. You could have also said INTUITION. which is coming on the evidence with no clue as to how you got there, with no proof. only fuzzy logic or whatnot. Delusions or intuitions? Don't judge until you try it yourself.

angelgoob

To believe in one's self is predicting the future. I don't truly believe my theories, but they're still my pathway.

Let's talk about plants.

The seed shells shouldn't get a lot of silica. Everything should get just enough nutes. But atleast one starvation cycle during seed making.

angelgoob

Intuition used to arrive at an answer. See, you're taking intuition by itself. Perfect intuition yield perfect results. I thought believing something if it's NOT TRUE is delusion?

Ha see, I want to make bigger seeds and focus on buds. Not resin wholly, not terpenes content. But fast headache stopper strain.

So I guess, I have to prove it! I am going to. I've done other shit before that had people feeling great because of it. Life advice, everything.

Words are limiting. Since I am kind of wrong. Guess I have to say that about those definitions. lol. No hate though man. I get defensive but Im NOT angry or annoyed or anything. It's a rhythm at this point, not a feeling.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
starving the mother may impact their genetic content, apparently starvation affects human genetics measurably.
nail on the head.

PDX Dopesmoker

So you think you can breed seeds with faster developing plants by starving the mother? Seems worth trying if nobody else has already tested it out thoroughly