What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 Mixed ACE fems - DeeDubya's Winter Grow

deepwaterdude

Hey fellas, and thanks, saitama, they did until OT showed up, now they're in a pouty wilt;)

Syd, I'm hoping that girl will mimic your successes, not your "accidents";) Although, if there's a strain I wouldn't mind s-1s from, it's haze x KC... or any other in the tent for that matter. She's got a big, nice stalk on her at about 16" tall, took her bottom branches only, maybe 4 or 6, and let her go straight up.

OT! Lovely to see you, and I may hit you up for some sarcastic commentary from time to time. How IS all that premium bud treating you? Any faves? Hope the life's good and you're succeeding in balancing out all your bad karma with the recent good deeds you've undertaken.

Anyway, I'm experimenting with the Sensi A + B in soil, just gave them a 3/4 hit today as the light's closer and I think they may want some food. SPeaking of which, I need to eat, gooday all, keep it ICky, dwd

Old Toker

Hey fellas, and thanks, saitama, they did until OT showed up, now they're in a pouty wilt;)
That "pouty" look is lust DWD. Somehow I'm not surprised that you didn't recognize it. :)
How IS all that premium bud treating you? Any faves? Hope the life's good and you're succeeding in balancing out all your bad karma with the recent good deeds you've undertaken.
Had some (hopefully) minor medical issues and had to step away from my Ace bounty for about a month. Just started back with edibles (cookies) during the last week or so. Maybe that's how I found your new thread? Had to be stoned to remember we were friends. :biggrin:

As I suspected....I'm too old of a stoner to be able to appreciate the subtle differences between premium sativas. The Malawi gets me the most stoned....and therefore it is my favorite. That's not to say that I don't like the GT, Zam or PH...I definitely do...it's just that I REALLY like the Malawi.

All my buds are dried, cured and vac packed in jars. Will be interested in seeing how long the potency lasts under these conditions.

I have to say that I do miss growing. Miss going into the tent and just gazing/smelling all that bud deliciousness. Next time...going to limit myself to just a couple of single cola plants...horizontal LEDs....maybe 12/12 from veg...easy to tend....and more than enough bud for my meager needs.

Good to see you're growing again! Plants look great. Any new cats?:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

And away they go...stretch is way on at almost 3 weeks 12/12

And away they go...stretch is way on at almost 3 weeks 12/12

Ah, OT:tiphat: good to hear you're doing OK and able to enjoy some Malawi. Smoking some right now, very agreeable and altering.

Here are the babelets at just under 3 weeks 12/12. Lastly they were at 18" from the light, now Hazes at 12". Stretch is on, indicating maybe some supercropping to come. A bit of a slow start, underfed and coldish. Today I lifted ZAm a few inches and dropped PanHaze2 a couple of inches and I'll lift the light and the Malawi x PCK a couple.

Tomorrow they'll wake up 1/2 hour later and stay at 11.5/12.5 until OE and Malawi are done, then probably drop again to 11/13 to finish the Haze Xs.

Just business this time, hope all are well!

Attachments

• Day 20.jpg
    Day 20.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Syd.jpg
    Syd.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 9
  • OE.jpg
    OE.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Malawi x PCK.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
  • After water droop.jpg
    After water droop.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 11
  • PanHaze 1.jpg
    PanHaze 1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ZAm.jpg
    ZAm.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8
  • OE closer.jpg
    OE closer.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 11
  • Zamadelica.jpg
    Zamadelica.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PanHaze2.jpg
    PanHaze2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 8

deepwaterdude

Little more detail

Little more detail

off to the races!

That they are! Just a couple of days later, a few closeups. First pic is one month ago.

Syd is killing it, true to his name;) Just a great looking plant. Around 3 feet tall, starting to flower now.
All the Hazes are putting out pistils now, bud sites defined though still stretching I bet. Haze x KC definitely fatter buds on similar structure to the Panama Hazes.
OE and malwi x PCk are staying columnar, very nice indica style to them and Zamaldelica is starting to really put out her scruffy flowers. Nice babes.

Attachments

• Better today.jpg
    Better today.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Orient Express.jpg
    Orient Express.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Day 22 since flip.jpg
    Day 22 since flip.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Gorgeous Malawi x PCK.jpg
    Gorgeous Malawi x PCK.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Haze KC 1 tops.jpg
    Haze KC 1 tops.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PanHaze1 spires.jpg
    PanHaze1 spires.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 15
  • OE top.jpg
    OE top.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Zamaldelica.jpg
    Zamaldelica.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Syd the killer haze.jpg
    Syd the killer haze.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 11
  • PanHaze2 closeup.jpg
    PanHaze2 closeup.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
G

Wow,nice stretch on them gals!So fat leaves on the m x pck...Any purple hints?She and OE are gonna have real chunky heads soon!

Funny is that the hz/kc looks more like mine than Syd :biggrin:Wide leaves this one but looks majestic :peacock:

And that Zmd,bro I must be the only one in the last few months that didn't get a zam like this one from the fem line.Mine had thai leaves and is pretty malawish in bud structure and terpenes,no mango carrot or any fruit.The high is clear and up, medium strength but I think it's improving. .Might be some slight trippy factor there,too.Would like to experience the euphoric side of the hybrid ,which seems to go with the chunky ones if I'm not mistaken.Getting any smells from her yet?

How is your Malawi curing?I can say that mine is an instant favourite .I had years to feel such a durable rollercoaster effect ,from electric/giggly to introspective/stoned and all over again in 2 hours and keep in mind that my tolerance is way off the charts...If I had clones I'd do a run of just her to bulk up on happiness,hehe...

You're killing it dead again my friend:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Memory lane w/malawi

Memory lane w/malawi

Wow,nice stretch on them gals!So fat leaves on the m x pck...Any purple hints?She and OE are gonna have real chunky heads soon!

Funny is that the hz/kc looks more like mine than Syd :biggrin:Wide leaves this one but looks majestic :peacock:

And that Zmd,bro I must be the only one in the last few months that didn't get a zam like this one from the fem line.Mine had thai leaves and is pretty malawish in bud structure and terpenes,no mango carrot or any fruit.The high is clear and up, medium strength but I think it's improving. .Might be some slight trippy factor there,too.Would like to experience the euphoric side of the hybrid ,which seems to go with the chunky ones if I'm not mistaken.Getting any smells from her yet?

How is your Malawi curing?I can say that mine is an instant favourite .I had years to feel such a durable rollercoaster effect ,from electric/giggly to introspective/stoned and all over again in 2 hours and keep in mind that my tolerance is way off the charts...If I had clones I'd do a run of just her to bulk up on happiness,hehe...

You're killing it dead again my friend:tiphat:

Hey, Syd my good bud, we'll see who kills who first;) Stretch is phenomenal on the Panama Hazes, they're starting to bud good and proper, and Syd is acting like Lady S did with great branching, those fat leaves you mentioned and a tendency to shoot for the stars. I may have to stick her in a corner like you said way back. The Haze KC 1 has stopped stretching I think, or is at least being outpaced by the PHAzes. She puts out way chunkier flowers than the panamas so far, very nice variety of expressions in here.

The Zam IS stinky as hell, though I haven't identified anything yet except for a strong, sweet marijuana smell. OE is a chunky pheno, looks like, and the Malawi PCK has red petioles and has since birth, so I'ma thinkin/hopin a purple. Has the type of green leaf that Purple plants do, so we'll see. She's got great structure and needs to be lifted 3" or so to get full benefit of the light.

I was looking at saitama's phenomenal Zamaldelica pics and plants:tiphat:, makes me want to throw my blumats in there since they're in relatively small pots and could drink all day should they want to.

The malawi is my favorite smoke ATM, too, amazing how it dominates anything else in the pantry... just very tiny buds from the cold outdoor season, very sticky and lemony compared to anything else, and a real stone to it, along with a fundamental shift deep down. Pretty deep shit my friend and the most beautiful plant. If I had taken 4 bottom branches of her, they'd all have been in the tent right now to ensure I never run out. I did not do so. But I kept pics of this babe. The last was taken Oct 7 and then the super cold hit with 20 degree nights and she went uncovered. This after I read not to let the nights get under 70 degrees, warmer than many an October day around here. Anyway, I just left her out there until she started to die on the vine, then chopped her mid November, I think.

Attachments

• Malawi top.jpg
    Malawi top.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Malawi catching 1st rays.jpg
    Malawi catching 1st rays.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Ma-Ma-Malawi.jpg
    Ma-Ma-Malawi.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Malawi starting flower.jpg
    Malawi starting flower.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Malawi top2.jpg
    Malawi top2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
DWD your girls are looking very happy in the tent.. Looks like some explosive growth as of late..! Your outside Malawi was looking rather special herself before the cold snap. Sounds like you still got use out of her thankfully.. I know she must be special when described as "pretty deep shit" lol...

Old Toker

The malawi is my favorite smoke ATM, too, amazing how it dominates anything else in the pantry... just very tiny buds from the cold outdoor season, very sticky and lemony compared to anything else, and a real stone to it, along with a fundamental shift deep down. Pretty deep shit my friend and the most beautiful plant..
X2
Considering all the Ace genetics that include Malawi....people still seem to overlook it's potency. I've grown one Malawi outside and two inside. All of it kicked my ass.
Your grow is looking good DWD!:tiphat:

ULMW

Nice grow you got going on DWD. Hazy daze hey? Nice! I also been bowled over by Haze x KC superb plants! Am keen on the Panama Haze but fear she may need more tent space to flower her.
I am running a p.haze23 x purple PCK which is expressing a lovely hazyness in form and smells.
Thinking to try old timers as a grow soon.
Wishing you all the best with your grow! Happy 2018 growing and onwards

A

acdc

Ah, OT:tiphat: good to hear you're doing OK and able to enjoy some Malawi. Smoking some right now, very agreeable and altering.

Here are the babelets at just under 3 weeks 12/12. Lastly they were at 18" from the light, now Hazes at 12". Stretch is on, indicating maybe some supercropping to come. A bit of a slow start, underfed and coldish. Today I lifted ZAm a few inches and dropped PanHaze2 a couple of inches and I'll lift the light and the Malawi x PCK a couple.

Tomorrow they'll wake up 1/2 hour later and stay at 11.5/12.5 until OE and Malawi are done, then probably drop again to 11/13 to finish the Haze Xs.

Just business this time, hope all are well!

:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

4 weeks since flip

4 weeks since flip

:tiphat: right back at everyone;) Thanks for stopping in and commenting, keeps the energy level up!

Today is day 28 since flip. They've been on 11.5/12.5 for a week, temps in mid 70s daytime and nighttime minimum 70. Seems to be good for flowers.

While they have been reacting well to Sensi A + B feedings, i thought they might like something a little less chemical and hit 'em 2 days ago with a good feeding of Age Old Organics 5-10-5 bloom, supplemented with their Fish and Kelp. No burn or claw, leaves and flowers look good and today they got pure snowmelt.

Malawi x PCK is a strikingly beautiful plant, OE less shockingly gorgeous, but a big yielder, true to reports. They are both showing crystals and OE wants more food. Kinda like going to MacDo's with a bunch of kids, everyone ordering a kid's happy meal until the last one says "I'll have four Big Macs and put that Happy Meal on the side, please".

The Hazes are acting as expected and maybe even mostly done with their stretch. When would be a good time to uppot them to 5 gal, with no added stretch? Pan Haze 2 especially is yellowing at the bottom. They are making nice flowers, the Panama genes starting to fatten and accelerate the haze flowers, especially Pan 2, who's more red. they're caught up to Haze x KC 21 in flower size.

OT, forgive my laziness, but when did you supercrop your dolls? If I remember sorta, it was later in flower...
and Yes, new cat; a dude named Leon that was supposed to be a little kitten for my girl cat to bring up, turns out he's massive and a horndog to boot, so basically I got her a sexual predator. I plan, God giggles.

These pics are from the 14th-since then, Syd has been bent way over to the left side of the tent, top equal or lower than the other Hazes, I took one more of his bottom branches off and they all got that big, organic feeding. Also Malawi x PCK has been lifted 3 inches since not stretching;) OE's tops are at a perfect 18" from light.

To continue the Malawi discussion, my next grow may be just one massive Malawi under that there light. A Huge plant... a plant to beat all plants, A PLANT...TO TAKE OVER...THE UNIVERSE!! MUAHAHAHAH! :peacock: A plant (count) that would REALLY piss off Jeff Sessions and get me super high at the same time.

Attachments

• Pan Haze 1 in place.jpg
    Pan Haze 1 in place.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 9
  • oe full.jpg
    oe full.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • malawi pck.jpg
    malawi pck.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17
  • As they are today.jpg
    As they are today.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ZAm in place.jpg
    ZAm in place.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 16

Old Toker

OT, forgive my laziness, but when did you supercrop your dolls? If I remember sorta, it was later in flower...
Had to go back and read my old thread. Day 35 of 12/12. Needed to get them off the ceiling. Totally let that grow get out of control.
and Yes, new cat; a dude named Leon that was supposed to be a little kitten for my girl cat to bring up, turns out he's massive and a horndog to boot, so basically I got her a sexual predator. I plan, God giggles.
My guess is that your girl cat is secretly flattered... AND who are we to think poorly of our brother Leon?
To continue the Malawi discussion, my next grow may be just one massive Malawi under that there light. A Huge plant... a plant to beat all plants, A PLANT...TO TAKE OVER...THE UNIVERSE!! MUAHAHAHAH! :peacock: A plant (count) that
Similar to my dream. Some of the outdoor guys in Florida have grown 16' Malawis. The photos I saw were amazing!:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Day 29 since flip-part 1

Day 29 since flip-part 1

OT, I think you're right about my girl cat; she misses him when he's not around, swats the crap out of him if he makes a move inside.

Here are some pics from today. I'll have to do it in two installments. Here you have the tent, Haze x KC 1, Malawi x PCK, Syd:biggrin:(haze x KC 2) and OE. All looking pretty much as imagined, OE going to get a nice blast next feeding.

Panama Hazes and Zamaldelica to follow

Attachments

• syd's new configuration.jpg
    syd's new configuration.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Fuzzy shot of Malawi x PCK top.jpg
    Fuzzy shot of Malawi x PCK top.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Haze x Kali China 1.jpg
    Haze x Kali China 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 12
  • In relation to the light-small girls are going to get lifted again.jpg
    In relation to the light-small girls are going to get lifted again.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5x5 jan 18-day 29 since flip.jpg
    5x5 jan 18-day 29 since flip.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Orient Express top.jpg
    Orient Express top.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Some OE w:Haze KC on left.jpg
    Some OE w:Haze KC on left.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
  • OE-gonna get a nice feeding next water.jpg
    OE-gonna get a nice feeding next water.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Syd cola close.jpg
    Syd cola close.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Mr Good lookin'.jpg
    Mr Good lookin'.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 11

deepwaterdude

Day 29 part 2 - Panama Hazes and Zamaldelica

Day 29 part 2 - Panama Hazes and Zamaldelica

I finally got some good closeups of these girls.

Attachments

• PanHaze2 flowers.jpg
    PanHaze2 flowers.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Panama Haze 2.jpg
    Panama Haze 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PanHaze 1 good closeup.jpg
    PanHaze 1 good closeup.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Her hazy bush.jpg
    Her hazy bush.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Panhaze1.jpg
    Panhaze1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Panama Haze 2 good closeup.jpg
    Panama Haze 2 good closeup.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 9
  • PanHaze2 close.jpg
    PanHaze2 close.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Zam.jpg
    Zam.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Zam amid the Haze.jpg
    Zam amid the Haze.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Zamaldelica close.jpg
    Zamaldelica close.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 6
G

Wow bro:artist: Lookin'amazing,what a stretch on those P Hazes!
I think I uppotted my hzKC in 5th week from pistils...
Nice bending on mr good looking :biggrin:

The OEs are real hogs ,the hungriest strain I've ever seen in flower!Nuke her :) She must smell delish already...

You're going to have a nice variety of yummy goodies ,then it's malawi stacking time :dance013:

Old Toker

Beautiful girls DWD! Agree with Syd....amazing stretch on the PHs. Were the lights far from the plants? God knows they certainly look healthy enough.
I was afraid to click on your photo labeled "Her hazy bush". Thought maybe one of your personal photos might have gotten mixed up with the plant pics and I would recognized your current lady friend. :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Beautiful girls DWD! Agree with Syd....amazing stretch on the PHs. Were the lights far from the plants? God knows they certainly look healthy enough.
I was afraid to click on your photo labeled "Her hazy bush". Thought maybe one of your personal photos might have gotten mixed up with the plant pics and I would recognized your current lady friend. :tiphat:

That's why I inserted "Hazy", so no mixups;) Once, I did send a photo of my first two plants to someone I was organizing some work with. I was intrigued when the reply was "Niiice", then I checked what I had sent. Yikes. Luckily, I hit one of our own with that misfire.

I have NO idea about how much these puppies should/should not stretch, but they seem like I expected, I think. It could have been temp or nute related. I've fed them pretty strongly, knowing their Panama side will make them amenable to feasting. Could have something to do with it. That said, if I look at the Mal x PCK, it's squat and thick, same with OE. SO in the end I'm thinking genes. They're only 4ft tall or so, if you don't count Carey "Syd" Grant, there. Always just one too many, and always one too good to let go.
I think now that bud sites are defined and they've started puffing up, stretch may be almost over.
I have to lift the Zam, OE and Malawi x PCK a few more inches. ANyway, this morning they seemed to be in that gear where every morning upon wakeup first thing I want to do is see what's going on in the tent.
Hey, Syd, As for the variety, it wasn't hard to choose 5 strains from the Ace catalog that I badly wanted to try, having seen other's results, and I'm confident that the two strains I doubled, P Haze and Haze x KC, are good bets for serious headstash. I've got a thing for the KC genes, can't let 'em go entirely;) Your namesake's flowers are very hazey, with long pistils, probably evident in the pictures. The other Haze x KC I hope is more like yours as you said.
Goonight all, this doob's for you, and for the Dubi.

Latest posts

Latest posts