What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Auto's worth growing?

Evil 1

I was thinking of running a few auto's this season outdoors as my main plants are going to be long flowering Sativas. I've always avoided auto's and never grown one before but would like to know if any are worth growing

I don't care much about taste and smell, I just want something that's going to get me high and keep getting me high:headbange

I have tried to read up here on the forums but didn't find anything concrete except for a few strains that are hard to get ahold of.

"+ speed auto" by Sweet Seeds sounds pretty good all around.

Looks like the + speed may actually finish in two months from seed to harvest :0
With an "uplifting" high...

rolandomota

Yea man nice auto good auto definitely concentrate on making a light very airy mix for the roots to grow I'm not sure what's recommended
I would be try seedsman autos ace seeds and afterthought autos especially since those are regular sex and you can make some seeds
The soil will determine the yield you don't want any early stalls you only have a month to six weeks for vegetation phase screw up early get zero yield

Jayded

Mephisto genetics have some great auto lines.Every strain i've tried of theirs has been as good as most photoperiod strains i've ran.
I really liked their Fugue State,creme de la chem,forgotten cookies and cosmic queen.Have also had potent plants from auto Triangle,Ripley's OG,Chemdogging and Toof decay.

Another I like are seedstockers but they are more super autos and can take well over 100 days to finish.
Their Candy dawg auto is a fave and have ran a few of them the last couple of years.The cotton candy kush smell and taste from them is sublime.
I'm about to start some autos now temps over here are starting to cool down and a couple of these will def be started along with some ManBearAlienPig and Samsquanch OG from Mephisto

Have a look at NightOwl Genetics its a new brand by Mephisito.

Also bloody Lemon Skunk from Unofficial Good Guys is good too.

Also White Widow CBD from Greenhouse Seed Co was quite a high yielder.

Gone Camping

Have a look at NightOwl Genetics its a new brand by Mephisito.

Also bloody Lemon Skunk from Unofficial Good Guys is good too.

Also White Widow CBD from Greenhouse Seed Co was quite a high yielder.

Mephisto has been my go to for a few years now, can be tough getting the strain's you want with demand and restructuring.

I dont think Mephisto has anything to do with Night Owl other than handing over some genetics. Daz used to be part of the Mephisto team but has branched off..

I hear good things about RocBud, i have a mixed pack i will run at some point this winter.

Here's a Mephisto Double Grape..

And a tent full of Mephisto Forgotten Cookies

Attachments

• DG3march17.jpg
    DG3march17.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Dec31group.jpg
    Dec31group.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 38

J-Icky

There was an Auto that I was, and still am, super interested in but by the time I heard of it it was no longer available or around in pure form. That was Sour 60.

Great outdoors

What about yield wise outdoors?
Best I have ever been able to do with an autoflower is close to a QP. But an Oz is more the norm. And I have no problem growing 2 pound photoperiod plants outside starting seeds mid April.
Any recommendations on autoflowers with some consistently decent yields?

Morphote

Veteran
Another vote for GHS White Widow Auto Fems. Amazing plants/herb. I was really shocked. Seeds were gifted to me and I was expecting trash.

M.

Red October

Thanks guys, changed over to a new account. Things I wanted to leave behind mentally with the old one.

Appreciate the feedback, spent some time researching and meph came up alot but I couldn't seem to nail down much on detail wise for the different varieties, I didn't search much mind you. I did land up getting a pack of Mexican airlines and Thai Ryder from world of shit;) saw they both had good reviews high wise so thought it wouldn't be a bad choice.

Vandenberg

Mephisto appears to be a victim of its own popularity, upscaling to meet its surge in worldwide popularity is showing. They have a website that opens occasionally for a day or so to completely sell out their catalog. There must big numbers of fanboys (return customers :) )out there, consider me a big fan. I've been seeking their Sour crack but a day late or a dollar short when they open up.
Very impressive what they're doing genetically.:plant grow:

Night Owl seeds appears to producing unique re-combinations obviously using Mephisto and Bodhi seeds genetics to produce his seed-line.
Night Owl seeds is the side project of Daz from Mephisto Genetics. According to their spiel, "Starting with some of the best autoflower breeding stock available and crossing them to unique photoperiod genetics has unlocked effects and flavor profiles never before seen in autoflowering cannabis. Working all new varieties to F4 before release allows for an intimate knowledge of the lines, while releasing extremely limited edition true F1 auto hybrids."

I'm a fan of Mephistos " Creme de la Chem" which is not for mere mortals, stupid strong and terpenes on board that make it an exceptional pain-reliever/painkiller.
Don't whip this out on a rookie smoker, it's best they find out what too high is later on. :)

Another smallish breeder that I've had a friend turn me on to is called Twisted Tree out of Michigan. They have a very Citrus-ee, very Orange Bubblegum that produces 3-4 ounces (100 grams) on a 30- 36" /90cm tall plant reliably when properly grown.
I've seen them run out of strains, just not everything, all at once.
They're about half the price of Mephisto Genetics.

Vandenberg :)

Last edited:

Jayded

I've wanted to try Night Owl's Zamaldelica Express since I 1st heard about it but have the same issues as Mephisto and seeds are always gone too quick.
The Mephisto store for UK and EU luckily stays open for a few days at a time,I do feel for the US as only stays open for a few hrs before shutting again.

Latest posts

Latest posts