What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A gold pheno from the Southwest Mexican coast.

10 weeks at 11/13.

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Gorgeous! Did you source these beans locally? We are talking a landrace here?

Sourced locally in Acapulco pre-1980. Two of six turn true gold a few week after pistils appear. Now you know as much as I know. :)

Cvh

Supermod
Oh wow. Authentic Acapulco 70's seeds. Very nice. I'm so jealous.

Please maintain this seed line for future generations.

:lurk:

rolandomota

Cool I got a bunch if modern day stuff from about 2015 to a few weeks ago and I keep wondering if their is any interest in them but it seems people are more interested in the old stuff.
I'm pretty sure I have old school plants in my Mexico seed library I would grow some next but I have to shutdown boo fucking hoo fuck you Texas lol too much info......carry on

Thanks everyone for the vibes.

I will do my best to get viable seed, but these plants are already extremely inbred. Of the original "find", only one male germinated. A cutting from the male was converted to female and then selfed. Two females resulting from the selfing were again pollinated by the original male.

Those backcrosses are the beans with which I have been privileged enough be entrusted. The germination rate is decent; but, even in ideal conditions, 75% of the seedlings damp off and die the instant the dicotyledons start to mature.

Anyway, I was able to flower 6 plants in total. The photo is actually of two females that show what I'll just call the gold phenotype, I gave them clonal names to keep track: 'Toci' and 'Xochiquetzal'. Another female (named 'B') looked kind of runty, but yielded heavily for the plant size. Her leaves are more mottled yellow-green and never went full gold. Not very distinctive. One other female ('A') of this non-distinct phenotype was pretty leafy in the flowers and the calyxes never really swell, but it was the first one I bloomed and the effects are marvelous. The last female was a dark, dark green, crayon-greasy phenotype. VERY resinous, very swollen/heavy buds, but stayed very small. I gave this one a clonal name as well, 'Itzpapalotl'.

I had one male. It was the dark greasy phenotype. However, It began to sprout a few pistils just from the stress of isolating/relocating, so I imagine it's pretty unstable. Since I used its pollen, I gave this parent the clonal name 'Xipo Totec'.

I have planted several beans of 'Xipo Totec' x 'Toci' to check for viability. So far, they are slow to germinate.

'Toci' on the left, 'Xochiquetzal' on the right:

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you smoked this yet? If true Acapulco Gold it should send you for a loop. The stuff called Acapulco Gold-Bodhi and Snowhigh, does not send me for a loop. Barney's is a hybrid and not likely of the real AG anyways. Highland Mexican x Blueberry is the closest yet.

I apologize if you already commented on the high being crazy. I seem to recall you or someone saying that.

Have you smoked this yet? If true Acapulco Gold it should send you for a loop. The stuff called Acapulco Gold-Bodhi and Snowhigh, does not send me for a loop. Barney's is a hybrid and not likely of the real AG anyways. Highland Mexican x Blueberry is the closest yet.

I apologize if you already commented on the high being crazy. I seem to recall you or someone saying that.

Yes, I feel like that was me. That was plant 'A', which is bananas. Hear rock riffs in your head, closed-eye visuals if you partake before bed. But very leafy and yields little, and it's not very long-acting.

The two gold phenotype females I have not smoked yet. I will post a report. :)

JetLife175

Veteran
I would love to see some full plant shots of the various phenos. I have some old mexican gear that I need to select through

HAZENACIOUS

Trichomes on 'Toci':
View Image
Hi centr1fuge,
Great looking pics, thank you for posting.

Those are some massive trichomes.

Largest I think I've seen outside my own stock. It's rare for me to see trichomes that size outside of my 5haze crosses. I just popped some african landrace seeds that also had huge trichs. They are much larger than what you see on the conventional high THC kush types, or any indicas I've ever grown.

Here is a couple pics, it seems the right old school sativas have the biggest trichomes by a long shot. I've gotten into this argument so many times it's nice to see more proof that sativas got the biggest trichs.

Also I have been getting gold phenos when I crossed my 5hz to Nevil's Grail and my top Grail cut was also goldish pheno

5hz hybrid X Grail

picture.php

5hz hybrid
picture.php

Goldish pure Grail pheno, dried bud
picture.php

rolandomota

The gold color could be more pronounced if you compress it the weed like they did back then and now they still do it.
I have many Mexico golden motas stashed in the fridge yea they will sprout fire golden resin lime green buds usually Mango skin onion and damp grass smell to various degrees some no onion some grassy only mostly mango types fruit or the skin ....

spicy like dried chili and incense mix I think I have 1 lot of chocolate cinnamon and spicy like dried chili it was full of sticks so it's probably very sativa it was unique in smell it came from a different connection than the mango types . I'm not labelling them yet I'm just keeping them in separate bags later I will assign a number letter probably depends on the smell I find to each batch later when? I have no timeline or deadline lol ok deadline yes

Latest posts

Latest posts