What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To anyone who's had a doctor say "there's nothing more we can do"

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
my thoughts go out to anyone who's ever had to hear those dreaded words from a doctor, after fighting so hard for so long, "there's nothing more we can do". I love you my brother.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I'm sorry to read that, PhenoMenal. Although I'd like to "like" your post I cant due to the sadness connected to it.
My high school girlfriend, who despite our breakup decades ago has remained one of my best friends, just had that news. She has been fighting metastatic breast cancer for 25 years. Massive surgeries, radiation, chemo. She has been a trooper, for sure.
Recently she had tingling in her fingers. She went to the hospital, had a scan and they found four lesions in her brain. The doctors have given her 1-6 months.
I've offered to make a batch of RSO for her but at this point she is tired and not sure she wants to go on. She just wants to make it to her daughter's college graduation this Spring.
I live about six hours away from her and a couple weeks ago I drove up and we spent a day together. Although we had a good day, it was tough and as I left and drove away I had to think about how it is probably the last time I will see her.
We all need to deeply value the ones we love, tell them we love them every day because tomorrow isn't guaranteed to be here for any of us.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i feel that incomprehensible pain you're experiencing. i wish i could help, but any effort i make will come up lacking.

be strong friend, prayers for you and yours.

trich

Latest posts

Latest posts