What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can anyone identify what this is???

johnandre

I have been having a recurring problem thru at least 6 attempts at getting a crop underway, but each time the same thing occurs within days. It always occurs in new growth at at a casual glance it looks like an iron deficiency. However iron deficiency is usually described as a yellowing of new growth between the veins which themselves remain green. In this case however the veins themselves turn pale first. See pics.
The cause of the problem can be addressed later, I'd first like to identify what this is exactly...toxicity, deficiency, what???
Many thanks to anyone who can help.

johnandre

Attachments

• P1040005.jpg
    P1040005.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P1040002.jpg
    P1040002.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 3

window

Veteran
You need to give more info for people to help you, such as...
What system are you using?
What nutrients and what e.c?
What is your p.h?
What strain you are growing? (Indica/sativa/hybrid)
I'm a soil grower not hydro but my shot is some sort of p.h problem/burn?

johnandre

Hi, thanks for your input, but it's nothing to do with any of these...it's not pH, it's not EC, it's not the system. It's not the strain. For example, in what was an umpteenth experiment I put 2 Skunk#1 in soil and 2 White Rhino in clay pebbles side by side under a 400 watt light which was a good 3 feet away. The soil received only pH adjusted water and the clay pebbles freshly made up nutrient. After 3 days both showed exactly the same problem. It's always the same, veins turning pale first and the rest gradually follows. The problem seems to be atmospheric and most likely some form of offgassing. I've been growing for 20 years and this only arose when I moved my scene of operations. I did have a tent to begin with, but ditched it along the way, but still the same old same old.

ElDischavado

If it's not the soil/pH/nutes, maybe it's your lights or the air or some disease?
I always grew seedling in 24/0 lights, in my new home I burned 4 seedlings until i got it, same tent, same lights, same vents, same everything, but a new home showed different, when I used a 20/4 cycle everything went fine, they all gone pale and wilted, similar to yours.

Don't know, just trying to help, maybe something that don't ring a bell for you will make a connection to someone else, so always nice to put every information you can as window said.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
It could be an off-gassing problem. We ran into a similar problem after we painted a room. We moved the plants out and repainted the room with a different type paint. The plants recovered under some fluoros in a different room. Our plants were a pale yellow also, more akin to a nutrient deficiency. Put your plants under a less intense light and give them a low dose feeding. They should show signs of recovery in 4-5 days.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Plants hate to be moved but it looks like your ph meter is off check this and recalibrate your pen good luck headband 707

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i also think you should consider off gassing. from what you relate off gassing is a possibility. what happens when you move the plants outside? or put them in a different room. i had a giant hassle in my place till i figured out that my lino floor was causing it. put a tent in there and added an active intake to reduce the under pressure to the minimum needed to contain smell. the plants turned around like day and night. you just have to stop air coming into the grow from an area with certain types of synthetics.

drgr33nuk

You have a lot of algae growth on your rockwool. The dead & dying algae could be robbing your plant of dissolved oxygen ? May be worth trying some H2O2 to kill some of that algae and bring the DO up.

Could also be root rot again down to that algae.

Latest posts

Latest posts