What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

I'm glad to visit the heady blunts stable... came away from this feelin refreshed holmes! All peaceful

G

greenmatter

:tiphat: thank you SH!

i think i played it a bit too safe on the veg this time. i could have let everyone grow another 4-6" to max out the cab.

i guess i was nervous i'd get some 3x stretchers and not have any room for them.

oh well! can't beat all the guesswork with a mixed seed run like this.

GM- the swamp cooler looks interesting. is that a DIY type thing? do you have any links or threads you would reccommend me to start with?

i think we'll have a pretty decent amount of low rh% days so i'm very interested.

i think for your space it would be a DIY thing.i cant recall seeing an off the shelf swamp cooler that small.

i think your biggest problem will be the space you have to work in and finding a "cooler pad" that won't cut your air flow down.

if you could hang a series of "wicks" in a pan and force the air over them you would get some evaporation without changing the flow much. not the most efficient thing in the world , but no pumps means no floods. all you have to do is keep water in the pan

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i did some major pruning last tuesday --- i even culled two of the PR x A gals to open up more light for the more desirable plants surrounding them. they were way behind putting out flowers, and they did not have great smells compared with their sisters PR x A 3&4. i would have run them out to see if perhaps they were PR dominant long flowering phenos, but they hardly stretched at all and in my opinion they were just not worth the space. they are mulch now.

so now i've got TO x BMR, PR x A 3, and chemd x MAT 1&2 growing in the right bed. the left bed has cherryhaze 1&2 and PR x A 4.

after the pruning i stuck the best 31 cuts from 8 plants (including that pathetic revegged dieselrella---last chance to make it back into the garden) into a seedling mix under a humidity dome. no roots yet, but it's only been 5 days. i've got hope that some of these great plants will be growing outdoors in a few weeks!

left bed

right bed

cherryhaze 1

cherryhaze 2

to x bmr

G

greenmatter

sexy!!! ...... they all look great

are you mulching with what you prune off?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yea i mulch anything that comes off the plants. i also laid down all the fans i pulled off from my last grow. i had stuffed them in a bucket and they are perfect mulch now.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
well done heady's!!!
what a nice shot round you make bro, im very curious about cherry haze bro..she look so beautifull, so if i can how was the smell?? and she react good to some training like topped ??..she yield nice i think!!!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey thanks kw!

yea she is such a beauty, and she smells even better! cherry soda hits you first and then there's an understone i haven't put my finger on yet, something musky.

i gave her some severe supercropping during veg, there's a 90* bend in the main stem a few inches above the soil.

during the first couple weeks of flower i kept her sideways with some velcro straps, and now she's unstrapped and still supporting all that weight no problem.

she's a very impressive plant so far, and as long as the smoke is good, she'll probably be sticking around in my collection for a long while. she grows well, responds great to training, puts on lots of weight, and she's set to finish pretty early.

cherryhaze 2 is no slouch either, she's got a great structure, branchier than her sister, smells cherry but even sweeter than #1. she's going to go a bit longer than the other, but the smoke should be fire no doubt.

thanks to darc for sharing these lovely beans :thank you:

SOG thanks for asking. the clones are looking pretty good. i think the dieselrella ones were too far gone to have a chance, and they've pretty much shriveled up by now, but the other 28 cuts are standing straight up and looking good.

we had some nice humid weather to ease the transition from dome to no-dome. they're uncovered now, and today will be their seventh day since cutting. no roots have emerged from the drainage holes on the cell trays yet, but a light tug test leads me to believe they've already struck some roots. i'll let them develop a bit more before transplanting.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
so i've been giving these girls plain water since the pruning last week, but this morning i gave them their first drink with some camellia FPE added, and i swear they look frostier than they did before i left for work.

could just be my imagination, but i think they like my new batch of camellia :joint:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
here comes a pic dump!

we had a couple days of heat wave last week, and as a result a few of the girls got burnt tips when the temps exceeded 90* for a few hours. they seem pretty happy and unaffected, however, and the buds are unscathed.

i am still working on getting my camera skills down, and i haven't figured out how to get macro shots on the new device. but i set the resolution to giant and then cropped out some exciting detail shots for y'all to enjoy.

both cherryhazes, the to x bmr, and chemd x mat 1 seem to have completed the swell and they are pushing out tons of resin as they enter their final stage.

the pr x a's are just getting into the groove of their swell phase. the caylixes are stacking in gorgeous tight foxtails, and they are already packed with resin. they smell divine and pr x a 3 is probably gonna be a pretty nice yeild.

chemd x mat 2 is also still in swell, she's gonna need a few more weeks than her sister. but she is looking mysterious and alluring already.

anyway, bring on the pics! I'll start with the long shots of the bed (i turned them to face the cabinet doors for these shots, so you can see them less squashed, then i'll post portraits of the plants with some bud and detail shots under each.

cheers!

left

right

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:woohoo:

Looking beeYOOTIFUL heady! I think we're around the same mark in terms of time, and I'm quite impressed with how your dirt seems to be holding up. My ND's didn't seem to be heavy feeders, but I'm wondering if my mix has run out of steam. Been supplementing with ACTs here'n there, but you gals shore do look purdy.

Also, loving the new pictures themselves! What're you taking 'em with now?

:good:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
:woohoo:

Looking beeYOOTIFUL heady! I think we're around the same mark in terms of time, and I'm quite impressed with how your dirt seems to be holding up. My ND's didn't seem to be heavy feeders, but I'm wondering if my mix has run out of steam. Been supplementing with ACTs here'n there, but you gals shore do look purdy.

Also, loving the new pictures themselves! What're you taking 'em with now?

thanks SH!

this dirt has been recycled a few times and it's really rocking :D

but you also have to remember i'm only running 250/275 w in here this round. it's been too dang hot to turn up the juice.

more light=more photosynthesis=more growth=more nutrition necessary

i think your ND4 is just finishing faster than her sisters.

oh yea, the new camera. i'm borrowing it from my buddy. it's definately a step up for me. it's an olympus xz-1. still a point and shoot, but with a ton of functions and i guess it's smarter or something.

i still need to read the manual :shucks: :D :joint:

Amazing work HB! Killing it bro!

thanks BW!

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i just looked over my posts and i flipped on 4/25, which makes tomorrow the first day of week 9.

i took these pics over the weekend, so mid week 8. i had a really hot day where temps got up to 93*F and i think it prompted the plants to put out some new foxtails/white hairs.

i want a nice fade and around 30% amber trichs when i harvest, and judging by those factors, most of the plants need another week or two, and the pr x a's need maybe four more. they have a deadline because i'll be going out of town in august, so they have to be cut and ready for the jar before i leave.

also it seems that i did not give the chemd x mat 1 enough attention, and she has decided to express her inner male, outwardly. politically i want to support her right to fuck with gender, but unfortunately in my garden i had to remove her to prevent her from impregnating the to x bmr that she was leaning over. she is currently hanging to dry, and she smells f'n ridiculous. also coated in resin. i think there is some great chemd hash in my future :joint:

i couldn't find any seeds on the to x bmr, so hopefully it remains unfertilized, but it's hard to tell with all the sticky dankness and amazing sweet dark berry smells overwhelming and distracting me.

considering this entire grow has been at 250/275w, i am quite pleased with the nug development so far.

now, for the pictures:tiphat:

left bed

right bed

Latest posts

Latest posts