What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When commies run the treasury, turn to hard assets

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How bout getting laid? No wonder I am such a pessimist.

Don't worry... Spring is on the way, and the outside demands of my lazy azz time are coming. 1/2 ton of AN and the spring rains will see to that, minus what diverts to homemade tanny.

Collapse of the dollar is gonna be a wild ride. Thelma / Louise kinda wild ride.

Absolem

All this talk about commies............... Someone played too much "Russian Attack" as a kid.

Amynamous

I have always believed gold to be the true store of wealth, and i view the US dollar, or any currency for that matter, in relation to gold.
In other words, i see gold’s value as constant, and the price of gold is actually a reflection of the value of the dollar.
So when the “price” of gold goes up, the dollar is actually declining.
I hope that made sense. I just vaped some ptk mixed with some cbn.
Who knows what that word salad will look like in the morning.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/GC=...6ImNoYXJ0IiwicGFuZWxOYW1lIjoiY2hhcnQifX19fQ--

Here’s a chart showing gold going back 20 years. When the “price” of gold goes up, the actual value of the dollar is declining, and vice versa.

As an aside, not that it means anything, because it doesn’t, but gold has gone down since Biden was sworn in. We’ll see how that changes after the relief package gets done next month. I expect the dollar to drop. Who knows what’ll happen to the market when the reddit folk get their biden-bux.(TM applied for):D

G

I struggle with the concept of Wealth. I 'm an Australian Age Pensioner. We have no debts. We can't spend the pension. It accumulates in the bank.

I call our situation LUCKY not wealthy. Come to Australia. Your dollar will buy more.

(You other posters shouldn't act like Bullies! Or misogynists either.)

I have always believed gold to be the true store of wealth, and i view the US dollar, or any currency for that matter, in relation to gold.
In other words, i see gold’s value as constant, and the price of gold is actually a reflection of the value of the dollar.
So when the “price” of gold goes up, the dollar is actually declining.
I hope that made sense. I just vaped some ptk mixed with some cbn.
Who knows what that word salad will look like in the morning.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/GC=...6ImNoYXJ0IiwicGFuZWxOYW1lIjoiY2hhcnQifX19fQ--

Here’s a chart showing gold going back 20 years. When the “price” of gold goes up, the actual value of the dollar is declining, and vice versa.

As an aside, not that it means anything, because it doesn’t, but gold has gone down since Biden was sworn in. We’ll see how that changes after the relief package gets done next month. I expect the dollar to drop. Who knows what’ll happen to the market when the reddit folk get their biden-bux.(TM applied for):D

H G Griffin

Yeah, dem cominusts shur are bad ain't dey? I ain't really sure wut a communizt izs, but sum guy in a suit sez I shud hate 'em.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, dem cominusts shur are bad ain't dey? I ain't really sure wut a communizt izs, but sum guy in a suit sez I shud hate 'em.

- you could follow their track record = history -

picture.php

Gry

Traditionally "commies" in the US were members of the Chautauqua labor movement that had the audacity to organise labor.
They are responsible for a 40 hour work week, doing away with child labor, and an 8 hour day.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lived full time for 2 years in a communist country ( vietnam ) and was even taken out to be wined and dined by a group of communist party members in the government........I remember at one point they told me I was going to have to pay taxes there and I replied, "Nope" and they replied so you are paying taxes ________? And I said "Nope", my account is in hk and they don't require any of that nonsense and they replied: " Can you help me open an acct in HK" with a big smile on their face.
That said I'd still take the Cayman Islands. Warmer :skiiing:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know if it's still like this "across the pond" but investigate the original "big brother" ( the brits). They have at least one island off the coast of their island and it's tax free? There's a couple of them in the caribean that have no taxes. Do a search for old copies of The Mouse Monitor ( government are rats, hence mouse monitor ). I spoke in front of a pretty large group of people who all went to grand bahama ( also no taxes then ) about the benefits of numismatics, precious metals in their worldwide portfolios, I guess they considered me an authority then
rolleyes.gif

Why doesn't the USA have any tax shelter islands?

Amynamous

Don't know if it's still like this "across the pond" but investigate the original "big brother" ( the brits). They have at least one island off the coast of their island and it's tax free? There's a couple of them in the caribean that have no taxes. Do a search for old copies of The Mouse Monitor ( government are rats, hence mouse monitor ). I spoke in front of a pretty large group of people who all went to grand bahama ( also no taxes then ) about the benefits of numismatics, precious metals in their worldwide portfolios, I guess they considered me an authority then View Image

Why doesn't the USA have any tax shelter islands?

I thought that was the original plan for Cuba. :D